Swimming at hotel....

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I'm sure that many of you went to a hotel that had pool and went swimming there. As you probably know, hotels usually does not allow anyone who isn't staying overnight to use pool. My girlfriend had the idea of going swimming right after we checked out. I didn't think that would be cool. How many of you went swimming at hotel right after you checked out of room??

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Once you check out of a room you are no longer a guest. This means you no longer have access to any guest services including your room, a pool, hot tub/sauna, exercise area etc.

Once you sign out you are expected to leave and to go swimming etc would be considered trespassing (unless explicitly given written permission to use the pool after checkout)

Some places specify you can do it after you've checked out... after all, you're not in the room any more. Some resort hotels make a point of giving you something to do if your flight back home isn't until the evening.

I don't really like splashing around in the pool thinking "only 2 more hours until the airport shuttle" though :(

It really depends on the hotel. Some will let you use the services after you have checked out of your room, some allow a late checkout ( maybe extended by an hour or so), some might charge a day's service fee or something. Never hurts to ask.

Back