Swimming Against the Tide

BecLak

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Swimming against the tide of public opinion do you believe that one lone person can make a difference? Yes or no, and why....

Last edited:
Does "swimming" against the received opinion-here- of some "voice off deaf Militants" count?

-------
You need to knock it off - stirring the pot is frowned upon.
Moderator naisho

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the cause, really. See, What if I said that I won't spend $75 on a Nike shoe because I hate how they treat factory workers in 3rd world. Nike is going to laugh at me. What is $75 anyway?? So if 1 million people said they won't spend $75 on Nike shoes because of this, Nike will be out of a lot of money.

On other spectrum, what if a small local business opened recently? They get one complaint. They refuses to replace a $20 defect part. That one person can complain. Word will travel fast. That small business will fail fast.

(Hope I haven't misunderstood ur thread)...but, yes, I feel 1 lone person can make a difference....It happened to me many years ago when a Teacher gave me so many words of wisdom....and she made a tremendous impact upon my life...and still does.

Also, I believe I've made somewhat of a difference for my adopted boys, given their struggles during their childhood...at times, they have said..."You have taught me..."..."and I remember what you said"...etc., etc.

Ghandi did, but he was fighting for something universally important, and not just a minor matter of self interest.

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
Ghandi did, but he was fighting for something universally important, and not just a minor matter of self interest.

:D Would you consider Deaf rights universally important?

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

I believe every individual's actions has a ripple effect, and if they are strong enough, then yes, it can make a difference. Sometimes, it can come down to pure annoyance if they are persistent enough, annoyance enough that finally changes are made.

cat-invisible-swimming-pool.jpg

I just realized that Clay Matthews is that person. See, he made Webb look slow. He made Cutler yell!!! Wow!!

Back