Swimmer's Ear

Loghead

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this affects everyone else the same way as it affects me, but I always find that if I've been swimming and my head's been under the water I will dry my ears, put my hearing aids in and still get swimmer's ear! :mad: So this year, any time I've been swimming I pretty much keep my hearing aids off for the whole day and then put them on the next day or later that night (even by this time sometimes I can still feel the water in my ears). This is not something I like doing... because I like being able to hear. :P

How about you?

Go to your audiologist and ask for a pair of earplugs. They can make molds of your ears and send it off to the lab to make earplugs.

I have a pair of them and it helps.

I have Cochlear Implant for almost 2 years now.. I went swimming n blah.. I will get new earmold plug.. That sure will help! =)

I have tried moldable ear plugs and they don't work very well. How expensive are the molds made by the audiologist? My hearing lady (that's what I call her :P... she isn't an audiologist but she does everything except tests for me... and has for my whole life) who owns the hearing center in town would probably be able to order some.

I have tried moldable ear plugs and they don't work very well. How expensive are the molds made by the audiologist? My hearing lady (that's what I call her :P... she isn't an audiologist but she does everything except tests for me... and has for my whole life) who owns the hearing center in town would probably be able to order some.

really? it doesn't work? oh that's too bad. I cannot remember the cost of molds by audiologist but I'm guessing it's within $100 range (more or less). Your hearing lady can probably get you one for cheaper. :dunno:

That is 'spensive. I might wait until I'm older because I'm not sure if my ears have stopped growing or not and I don't want to have to spend another hundred and another hundred if my ears jump sizes.

That is 'spensive. I might wait until I'm older because I'm not sure if my ears have stopped growing or not and I don't want to have to spend another hundred and another hundred if my ears jump sizes.

Your ears and nose grow your whole life.

I notice that you're from Canada. Maybe it's cheaper for you but I don't now. Banjo - how much you pay for your earmold?

I use qtips all the time.

It may help if you use a hair dryer and use it at a low setting to dry the ear canal.

I notice that you're from Canada. Maybe it's cheaper for you but I don't now. Banjo - how much you pay for your earmold?

Well, I believe it's normally $130 to $170 or more depending where you go.

I don't swim too much, so I don't really think that at this point it would be something I would look into. If we were to ever get a pool or something, I would, but the only time I go swimming is when we're at our favourite beach when we're camping (which is for only a week).

Back