Survey : Bilateral with different brands

cammomile

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for those who bilateral with different brands in each of ears. Are there any bilateral cochlear implant user with different brands over here?

Well, the brands is the last focus, my main focus is to the better function of the side of the ear.

If you wear bilateral cochlear implant. Would you tell me :

1. Are you lefthanded?
2. Which ear implanted first? And what's the brand? Is it the worse ear or the better ear?
3. How long is the period before the second implant? And what's the brand for the second implant?
4. Which side of the ear hears better after you got bilateral?

Thank you very much :)

I know of a child who was accidentally implanted with a different brand in his bilateral ear. The family left it, and they said it worked fine, but that he prefered the sound of his first implant.

1. Are you lefthanded?
2. Which ear implanted first? And what's the brand? Is it the worse ear or the better ear?
3. How long is the period before the second implant? And what's the brand for the second implant?
4. Which side of the ear hears better after you got bilateral?

Thank you very much :)

1. I am right handed.
2. I implanted both at the same time. I have AB. My worse ear is better for music and my good ear is better for conversation.
3. I did both ears together.
4. Both ears work well together. I do not depend on one ear over the other.

1. I am right handed.
2. I implanted both at the same time. I have AB. My worse ear is better for music and my good ear is better for conversation.
3. I did both ears together.
4. Both ears work well together. I do not depend on one ear over the other.

Hi vallee, I am right handed, I also have the same hearing condition as yours! My left ear is better for music and is my worse ear, and my right ear is better for conversation and it is my good ear. But I just have a budget for 1 implant only, and I think I'll get cochlear implant for my right ear.

Can you tell me, which side of your ear is better for music and which side is actually better for conversation? Thank you!

I think its better to have the ear with the least hearing implanted first. If you have not already been implanted you dont know how you will react to the implant or how much it will help which depends on where your deafness came from. In the unlikely event something went wrong and the implant didnt work or it does not give you the sound your expecting by using the worse ear you'll have the better ear left to hear.

Back