Surgery tomorrow!!

stampinhand

Reaction score
I'm headed to the hospital for my surgery tomorrow for my CI in my left ear. I'm praying it all works well. I admit I'm scared to have this done. I should have NEVER watched that video on UTube of the surgery. I've thought that maybe at 58 I was too old to make a change now but I'm going for it. I really want to hear something again!! Please keep me in your prayers Friday. Thank u

Sent from my iPhone

Best wishes on the journey we do not know about........let us know how you are doing when you can.

I will pray that you will have peace as you await your surgery, that it goes well with no complications, and that you will have a speedy recovery. :)

Good luck on your surgery. Exciting times ahead for you.

Stampinhand: one concern of yours being 58 at time of operation-Relax!

I was 70 at the time of mine 7 years ago.

Easily recovered-thanks goodness.

Speedy recover and much success in adopting to your new new Cochlear Implant.

main_good%20luck.jpg

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1403905939.457389.jpg
I'm finished!! I have a REALLY bad headache but I'm fine other than that. I'm on the road to recovery n happy it's over now.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad that you're doing well. :)

I go home now with pain meds n antibiotics in tow. They said I could take all this bandage stuff off in 2 days!! I'm afraid to leave the little cup thing off, I like how it protects the ear. I guess will just see how it goes. Did anyone feel off balanced??

Sent from my iPhone

I go home now with pain meds n antibiotics in tow. They said I could take all this bandage stuff off in 2 days!! I'm afraid to leave the little cup thing off, I like how it protects the ear. I guess will just see how it goes. Did anyone feel off balanced??

Sent from my iPhone

So happy to hear everything went well. Yes I felt a little dizzy for a few days. I slept in my recliner on the opposite side of my surgery ear. Definitely keep up on your pain meds. If you get bored you can read some of our blogs or threads about our experiences. I enjoyed reading others because it let me know what I was experiencing was normal. Drinking a lot of fluids helped me too.

My thread about my journey is called "CI surgery approved today". I asked a lot of questions and people here were so great in answering them.

Sent from my iPhone

WOW! That was fast I thought you would be there for at least 2 days .

Back