Supreme Court to consider D.C. Handgun Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people own a gun?

I don't.

I know many many many many people don't own a gun.

We shouldn't have to obey the useless old amendment.

I have two handguns and a rifle. Of course, I live in New Orleans.

Those who live by the sword should be prepared to die by the sword.

Ban on handguns? I favor it all the way. No one needs to die foolishly.

I have two handguns and a rifle. Of course, I live in New Orleans.

Those who live by the sword should be prepared to die by the sword.

Ban on handguns? I favor it all the way. No one needs to die foolishly.

A ban would not achieve that end (die foolishly).

Well I have my own rifle from my great grandpa who died.

Why would they consider about the banning the guns? Is the guns a BIG problem in Washington D.C. recently?

A ban would not achieve that end (die foolishly).
Sure it would. The law-abiding citizens (foolish enough to give up their rights) would be left without any defense against the criminals and tyrants who just ignore gun bans. Pow!

I do.

I know many people who do own guns.

Why don't we get rid of all the useless old amendments, like free speech, right to assemble, free press, etc.
:giggle: Reba. I own guns, too; as a matter of fact, I am very interested in getting one of Henry Repeating Arms Company's guns. This company is VERY American and about 150 years old. They have some really neat guns. Have you seen them?

:giggle: Reba. I own guns, too; as a matter of fact, I am very interested in getting one of Henry Repeating Arms Company's guns. This company is VERY American and about 150 years old. They have some really neat guns. Have you seen them?
Sweet! :P

I have been on this earth for 37 years and I don't need a gun to protect myself.

I had walk around Paris, I got lost... I walked around Paris all night...
and made it okay at the dorm at 5 am.

I drove around USA and I never got hurt by anybody.

I walked around Memphis, one of the dangerous place, all night and
I didn't get hurt.

And I walked across the bridge from Memphis to West Memphis, and
I didn't get hurt.

You wanna KNOW why????

Because most people get attacked or killed by someone they KNOW!!!

Look at Laci Peterson, Stacy Peterson, OJ Simpson's ex wife, wife killed preacher, childen missing cause parent killed them and dumped their bodies
somewhere, a kid got angry at bullies at school....

I'll say 99%.

So Reba, did you ever use that gun? Did anybody attack you? Did you point a gun at anybody?

NO...
gun is useless, 99%.

1%? tsk tsk tsk.

What about the gun accident, children played with it? They can find stuff.

Is the 2nd amendment more important or children died everyday by gun accident?

1%? tsk tsk tsk.
If it's my life, or the life of my loved one, then that 1% is extremely valuable, and not something to be tsked, tsked.

How many of the guns involved in accidents were properly purchased, maintained and stored? How many of those children were properly supervised? How about taking care of those situations rather than banning all guns?

Are cars and swimming pools more important than the number of children who die in car accidents or from drowning in pools. Maybe we should ban cars and swimming pools. More children die in car accidents and swimming pools than die from gun shots.

1%? tsk tsk tsk.

Simple, Parents just need to lock up the gun some place safe to hide with a key so kids can't get into it. I live with guns my whole life cuz of my dad was in the army service. I have grandfathers, uncles all own guys, I also learn how to use gun too cuz I was train how to use it. Yes, Gun is dangerous. But it also for protection. To avoid serious accident with guns with children is just lock the gun in a safe box with a key. Simple as that. But remember as for older kids such a teenagers getting their hands on the gun because they know how to break the locks by picking the locks off. They can also get a gun off the streets too. So it important parents educate kids about the dangers of gun is not a toy.

If it's my life, or the life of my loved one, then that 1% is extremely valuable, and not something to be tsked, tsked.

How many of the guns involved in accidents were properly purchased, maintained and stored? How many of those children were properly supervised? How about taking care of those situations rather than banning all guns?

Are cars and swimming pools more important than the number of children who die in car accidents or from drowning in pools. Maybe we should ban cars and swimming pools. More children die in car accidents and swimming pools than die from gun shots.

Kids do not die "everyday", how often do we hear kids die "everyday" in america? maybe in other countries yes. But here I am sure parents are being more cautions nowdays. I doubt very much we bans cars and swimming pools. That really silly.

We need cars.

Yes ban pools and guns.

Compared to the risk of dying in a gun accident, a child aged 0-14 is four times more likely to drown, four times more likely to die in a fire, and 13 times more likely to die in an auto accident.

Children and Guns

Deafilmedia, you talk like we all get/have/own guns only for protection (altho that is included); some of us have them for shooting enjoyment, hunting, collecting, etc.

Deafilmedia, you talk like we all get/have/own guns only for protection (altho that is included); some of us have them for shooting enjoyment, hunting, collecting, etc.

hunting??? Kill animals? Noooo.

Enjoyment? Weeeee, it is fun!!! Huh?

Collecting? Oh look at it, it is shining and it is used for to kill people, yay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back