Super Nanny has picked a deaf couple

I watched SuperNanny last Friday. Jo Frost helped and save the deaf people. Their oldest daugther can sign language for her deaf people, talk speak to her three sisters. The young three girls did little sign language, try learn more sign language for thier deaf parent. The young three girls try to respect their parents. Jo Frost talk to deaf couple, with their interpreter about respect and how to family lesson. The deaf couple understand it. They learned it, improve to succesfully. Their young four daughther love their parent very much. That's cool tv show. My favorite TV shows.

That videolink you provided us, passionalteforASL has no subtitles :(

Hi--I have two little girls that I use voice with. No sign language. They know a couple of signs for key words like "milk", "hurt", "sleep" to name a few.

Most of the time I can understand my little ones BUT I do miss out sometimes on three way conversations. When I don't understand, I let my girls know by saying I don't understand. Sometimes I catch it on the second or third try but the idea is to have the patience there. Sometimes I make my older girl tell me in a complete sentence what she wanted when she gets too "babyish" in communicating. She knows I can't hear like her daddy but that is no excuse to demand what she wants with one sign. I will probably teach them the fingerspelling when they are older but they need to keep communicating with the whole world. They're doing pretty well. Last month, my old best friend said my older girl who's only 3 3/4 is actually speaking better than her five and 1/2 yr old son. I was surprised by that. Never thought it would be that significant.

By the way, the kids are in bed within 15 minutes of going to bed or ELSE. This is Mama & Daddy's time. I know I sound like a bitch but that's what I am.

Nope, you don't sound like a bitch at all. You sound like a responsible parent who knows how to set limits and enforce them. That is what children need.;)

Nope, you don't sound like a bitch at all. You sound like a responsible parent who knows how to set limits and enforce them. That is what children need.;)

IslandBreeze, Jillio is correct in what she is saying that you are a responsible parent who knows how to set limits and enforce them. You don't want to spoil your kids like Dorothy and her husband do. I do that sometimes with my son who is hearing when he was a boy long time ago. He was out of control, too. I taught him sign language (ASL). It is never easy to be a parent unless you just have to be firm with your children and set them rules. Most kids don't like rules. So that is normal when kids get away with it. My son was very smart and he just want to use me to get what he want. :roll:

Back