Summer job

Kevbo, I guess you could try contacting the local YMCA/YWCA branch, they should be able to direct you to the right dept?

Best luck if you chose to take that path.

EDIT: Oops! I have overlooked deafgal01's post, so she probably will know of the answers.

Last edited:
Originally posted by kevbo
I'd love to take a test for lifeguard certification. Do you know where I can take it and how long do I have to study/train to be lifeguard?

That'd depend on where you live. You can find out about when the classes are and how much they will cost from Red Cross. They will provide all the information regarding lifeguard classes and how much it'll cost to take it (it normally ranges $100 to 190). I had to pay like 150 bucks to take the class, and then from that class I found out that Indiana have their lifeguard certification tests in April in two different location. I'll see if I can find a link to Red Cross online disregarding lifeguarding classes. By the way, it usually takes up to (one time every) 6 weeks or less to train/study to be a lifeguard. The class will cover the basics you need to know and the skills you need to practice for lifeguarding.

P.S. By the way, Brian's right... You can take classes through your local YMCA too.

Last edited:
Originally posted by kevbo
Did you work at YLC as a counselor last summer? If so, how was it and how much did you get paid?

Where did it say that I worked at YLC?

Originally posted by PSORules79
that's what i am doing right now. i'll go back there when i have enough money and a place to live in rochester.

What will you be doing in Rochester? School or job?

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
Where did it say that I worked at YLC?
Someone said you did. I can't remember who told me. :(

mm, id like to work at deaf camp this summer... but i havent really get started to look or apply- not even one. *shrugs*

im sure ill find other things to do before i start my college life.

Originally posted by Stevey Boy
I would like to abuse the children in the camp with my lameass jokes. :o
how would u abuse them...make them die of laugher or what?

Once again, I am going to abuse them with my lameass jokes that they wished they were never born. :o

Originally posted by bbnt
I will be helping Levi this summer. He has to much work for just himself.

mammogram%20Web.jpg

:laugh2: It's getting old, bbnt! I betcha that you are jealousy. :wink:

Btw, about the summer job, I am not sure where I am find a job somewhere around my hometown for a summer. :dunno:

Back