Sugar Causes Heart Disease

I'm surprised about the brown sugar. It's exactly the same thing as white sugar, just with flavoring and moisture agents.

But cardiologists really don't study much nutrition, and then they tend to be getting information at least ten years out of date.

Perhaps it would have ben better for me to say "raw sugar". Sugar from cane or honey is brown.

Where is the fun of that? :(

He's learning to eat new things and better things. He is enjoying it a lot. He's losing weight. His blood pressure is back in the normal range (no medicine) and he no longer has chest pains from the enlarged aorta.

He is joining me on my vegan diet, so it is healthier for him. I no longer keep any salt in the house. Biggest downfall is, his dentures were never made right and we can't have them redone again and can't afford new ones, so he has no teeth at all. I have to cook his veggies to being overdone, but I make up for it with herbs and such for flavor.

Perhaps it would have ben better for me to say "raw sugar". Sugar from cane or honey is brown.

Ah, okay. Yes, we buy raw sugar from time to time. Molasses is a healthy sweetener, if you're not diabetic or worried about spiking blood sugars.

But at the grocery store, brown and white sugar is typically just died and moistened white sugar or white sugar.=)

Back