Suckerpunch - the movie

Liza

Reaction score
:wave: What did anyone think of it? I just watched it the other night. Reminded me of anime in some ways, and probably a little bit of Scott Pilgrim vs the World with the realism/anime combo.

Ref: Sucker Punch

Jersey

Reaction score
I bought it two weeks ago but only watched it once. I enjoyed the action and the fashion/ makeup. One of my fave actresses, Jenna Malone is in it. For the most part, I enjoyed it. It was very different; the twist was unexpected which I like. It wasn't as great as Scott Pilgrim vs the World but I liked it.

Im surprised at myself because I bought it to concentrate on the makeup but ended up getting into it.

babiepine101

Reaction score
I like the movie. It was interesting how when the main character danced she was able to trance those people, collect the items, and then set her free. I didn't like the ending all that much though. It would have been better if they all got out or something and not just that one girl. I didn't understand why it was her destiny to leave but no one else's. Good movie though.

authentic

Reaction score
I watched it for first 15 minutes, and I returned it to redbox. Worst movie I ever saw in my life.

Steel X

Reaction score
Didn't you even see the whole movie? 15 minutes isn't long enough. It's actually unique than you would think.

I actually loved it. I thought the story was genius.

authentic

Reaction score
Didn't you even see the whole movie? 15 minutes isn't long enough. It's actually unique than you would think.

I actually loved it. I thought the story was genius.

I did skip several scenes, and discovered that movie comes with too much fantasy in it. I'm not big fan of fantasy films. :cool2:

ibazly

Reaction score
Haha if you're not a fan of the genres used within then you can't really say you gave it a fair judgement. If you weren't going to like it, you weren't going to like it. Doesn't mean it "sucks". :P

I loved it! I followed it heavily before it's release, and got exactly what I had hoped it would be! A bunch of awesome chicks fighting stuff! I was quite pleased. Plan on getting the blu-ray soon.

deafbajagal

Reaction score
I liked how it was made to look like a video game...but I thought the overall film was a real disappointment.

Steel X

Reaction score
I did skip several scenes, and discovered that movie comes with too much fantasy in it. I'm not big fan of fantasy films. :cool2:

It's not really a fantasy. It is through baby doll's imagination or an example of the situation is like.

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the beginning, I knew what would happen at the end. ;)

It was the dramatics in between that kept me amused. :)

Grummer

Reaction score
it was the most boring film ive ever came across in recent times, all eye candy no story real crap
i didnt even watched to the end, i stop about right after the first 'big fight' with the samuri sword and those giant killers...it was too lame...like its coped straight out of the 'winning scene' in a video game's "short film' to wow the players...its just flat

dead money

Reaction score
Scott Glenn you had to admit made you laugh being in the role he was in. Just so unlike him--yet he pulled it off. I had mixed feelings about it too...Cool graphics and stuff but it was like kiddie action sequences? IDK 5/10 for me.

dragonsign

Reaction score
from a person who liked the movie.. from that persons perspective what was the movies story about in short summary?

Smithtr

G.G.H.T
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow kewl impressive I love it :) I wish addiction movies