Subscriptions Threads

Speedy Hawk

Reaction score
Somehow my settings got changed. Everytime I post in thread and it get Subscripted and get email. How I undo this?

Go to USer CP, Edit Options and change the settings to your perference. This has been a glitch

Yes, I got sick of it already. I turned it off, and it kept subscripting.

Same here. I turned settings off and Im STILL getting subscriptions.. grr

Posted this from other thread

This glitch started last week and I have no idea why. You'll have to do two things.

First
1. Go to your "USER CP"
2. click on "EDIT OPTIONS"
3. "Default Thread Subscription Mode" - select "DO NOT SUBSCRIBE"
4. click on "SAVE CHANGES"

Lastly
1. go to "LIST SUBSCRIPTIONS"
2. select these threads and then click on "DELETE SUBSCRIPTION" on drop-down menu and then click on "GO"

I did cleaned out and it works...I don't want any Email that filled up in my inbox!

Jiro, thanks for that information. About the Subscriptions, I started to delete the threads individually until I saw that there are almost 6, 000 threads:shock: there! Is there a way to delete them all at once instead of individually?

Jiro, thanks for that information. About the Subscriptions, I started to delete the threads individually until I saw that there are almost 6, 000 threads:shock: there! Is there a way to delete them all at once instead of individually?

I subscribed to a few threads for demonstration purpose. to delete all threads at once... simply click on "EMPTY CURRENT FOLDER" (see red circle below)

k50ade.jpg

Thanks, Jiro.....how I missed that as it was right in my face the whole time...time for more coffee, I guess. Thank you....now will the threads begin accumulating again? If they do, I'll just flush them weekly....good idea?

Thanks, Jiro.....how I missed that as it was right in my face the whole time...time for more coffee, I guess. Thank you....now will the threads begin accumulating again? If they do, I'll just flush them weekly....good idea?

:lol: I didn't know such feature existed. I just saw it now. If you selected "DO NOT SUBSCRIBE" in "EDIT OPTIONS" page... then no it shouldn't be accumulating with threads again.

I been getting that too , you can unsubscribe , there is a link on in the email. I sometime have 6 emails from alldeaf! Grrr I hate getting them and I bet I will get an emails about this thread too!

It is pretty popular for this feature to be turned on at major forums where they have several thousands of daily active members and hundreds of people posting.

I'm talking about.. imagine 5000+ registered AD members and say 900 AD members posting a day. That is where this feature helps.. big big time. But there I just prefer to leave it so that the thread is subscribed and with a checkmark, with no email notification. It is a hassle to clean them up though.

It's not a glitch. It's a feature that was previously disabled by default. I PMed Alex about it and he enabled it. So blame me if you don't like it!

It's actually a good way to help boost forum activity because people are more likely to return to threads and reply to them. - Otherwise there's a greater risk that they may forget about it even if it was previously of interest to them. For me personally, I find it very helpful because I use many forums and it helps me keep track of all the threads which I posted in. (on various different vBulletin forums)

Back