Stupid accidents

sallylou

Potterhead and Janeite
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (droid)

I got stitches at the ER after an altercation with a very soapy chef's knife. I also got vicodin and antibiotics. I love when you have to explain a silly accident.
So, share your silly accident and how you ended up with stitches, cast, or crutches.

hope your body and cells undergo mitosis at a quick healing rate! :D

i forked myself pretty bad trying to open a wine bottle with a screwdriver. Smashed in and broke the tip, giving me a 1 inch incision/laceration on the wrist. someone here knows that story. hahaha

some five years ago, i slashed my right pinky with a tanto sword while sparring with a friend. so much blood from that one!
fully healed tho. eat your fruits and veggies and vitamin C's. gotta work those enzyme receptors up overdrive. ;)

Years ago, we lived in a house on an embankment with steep concrete steps going up from the sidewalk.

Right before my brother-in-law got married, my older daughter who was five darted in front of me as I started down the steps. I didn't see her and fell all the way down the steps from the top.

I ended up with a broken ankle and ribs. I went to the wedding in a wheelchair with a cast on my leg and heavily medicated .

In pictures I look really happy, although unaware, but I was so sad that my mother in law had bought me raspberry color Nikes for the weekend, and I couldn't even stand up let alone wear shoes.

[yt]nP9U3HHng6U[/yt]

You should try this to scare your husband. :D

I wanted to play racketball...the first time I threw the ball...it bounced straight back to my eye. I gave myself a black eye.

I've lost count on how many times I've walked into my glass sliding door. Guess that's a true indication of my cleaning skills. LOL

Uhm, I sliced my finger open trying to cut a Fig-Newton with a butter knife. Had to get stitches (this happened when I was 3)

I ran into a glass display at Anthony's not once, but TWICE (ages 4 and 5), yes both times required stitches.

I tripped on a line at walmart, fell and busted my forehead open, had to get stitches (I was 5).

I've had my eye sliced open with a fishing line spool because my brother thought it was a good idea to use it for a frisbee. (aged 6), yeah that required stitches.

I fell off my bouncy horse and literally knocked a hole in my skull. It never hardened over but skin grew over it, now I just have this indention in the back of my head and I call it a 'hole'. People freak out when they feel of it. I was probably 7 or 8.

I've fallen THROUGH the bleachers at the football field and literally became a human plinko chip all the way down from the top. I was 5. I remember getting checked out in the ambulance by the paramedics and then released.

Sometimes I wonder if I was a human crash test dummy in a past life. :D

Uh....too many to list and remember. I'm a clumsy redhead.

When I was 20, I was riding my bike about 2 miles from my home and I started to get headachy so I turned off my ha. I decided that I didn't need to look behind me when I made my turn. Big mistake. The next thing I know, I'm in the hosiptal with a bad concussion. I did not remember my bike ride or the accident. I remember my bike trip now but not my accident.

Oh, a recent stupid accident I had was that I nearly took my toe nail off in the grocery store. My toe nail needed a trim and i was wearing flip flops and my toe hit a cart. I bleed like a stuck pig all over the floor.

Uhm, I sliced my finger open trying to cut a Fig-Newton with a butter knife. Had to get stitches (this happened when I was 3)

I ran into a glass display at Anthony's not once, but TWICE (ages 4 and 5), yes both times required stitches.

I tripped on a line at walmart, fell and busted my forehead open, had to get stitches (I was 5).

I've had my eye sliced open with a fishing line spool because my brother thought it was a good idea to use it for a frisbee. (aged 6), yeah that required stitches.

I fell off my bouncy horse and literally knocked a hole in my skull. It never hardened over but skin grew over it, now I just have this indention in the back of my head and I call it a 'hole'. People freak out when they feel of it. I was probably 7 or 8.

I've fallen THROUGH the bleachers at the football field and literally became a human plinko chip all the way down from the top. I was 5. I remember getting checked out in the ambulance by the paramedics and then released.

Sometimes I wonder if I was a human crash test dummy in a past life. :D

My dad tripped over one of my toys while he was carrying me on his shoulders and we fell forward and my teeth cut my mouth so badly that I had to have stiches in my mouth. I remeber the blood on the floor.I remember the doctor putting stiches in my mouth..

I aslo remember pulling a heavy drawer when I was 2 or 3 and it fell on my big toe. That was very painful. it swelled up so much my dad had to burn a hole in it. I remember crying when he did that.

My dad tripped over one of my toys while he was carrying me on his shoulders and we fell forward and my teeth cut my mouth so badly that I had to have stiches in my mouth. I remeber the blood on the floor.I remember the doctor putting stiches in my mouth..

I aslo remember pulling a heavy drawer when I was 2 or 3 and it fell on my big toe. That was very painful. it swelled up so much my dad had to burn a hole in it. I remember crying when he did that.

:shock: Burn a hole in your toe? Seems that would make it worse.

when I was prob 12 or 13, I got out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. when I returned I had forgotten that I had my music stand up next to my bed (my parents made me play the flute and the clarinet from 5th to 9th grade, because the doctors said it would "help" my hearing... hahaha... not in the slightest) and when I went to get back in bed... I ended up almost skewering my eye out... had to be rushed to the hospital, and have stitches on my eye... That was one of the scariest times for me... because of how much I rely on my eyesight... and I couldn't tell if the doctor said you will be able to see again, or you wont be able to see again... those 4 weeks with only one functional eye, having to eye drops in and everything... it was scary... and very hard... but trying to explain to my parents what happened while I couldn't see... not fun.

Let's see if I remember. Most of my stupid accidents happened when I was very young.

1) I climbed out of my crib and hid from my parents to freak them out. I hid in the closet. For whatever reason, there was a broken mirror in the closet and I sliced my finger. Required stitches.
2) While climbing out of my crib (AGAIN), something got caught and I fell hard on my chin. Required stitches.
3) This was when I was probably 6-7: I dove into a friend's pool and as I was swimming back upwards to resurface, the top of my foot dragged along the pool floor, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but there was a drain with a jagged edge. Swirls of blood in the pool. Yum. Required stitches.
4) This happened only 5 years ago. I was slicing cheese with a dull but serrated knife. The kitchen countertop was kinda dirty and I couldn't find a cutting board so I just sliced it ON my hand. (dumbass). Sliced my pinky with a nasty cut (since the knife was serrated) at the very joint fold. Blood spurted everywhere. I thought my roommate was about to faint. Required only 2 stitches.

Two of the occurrences (don't remember which ones) happened so close together that the nurse/doctors remembered me.

Years ago, we lived in a house on an embankment with steep concrete steps going up from the sidewalk.

Right before my brother-in-law got married, my older daughter who was five darted in front of me as I started down the steps. I didn't see her and fell all the way down the steps from the top.

I ended up with a broken ankle and ribs. I went to the wedding in a wheelchair with a cast on my leg and heavily medicated .

In pictures I look really happy, although unaware, but I was so sad that my mother in law had bought me raspberry color Nikes for the weekend, and I couldn't even stand up let alone wear shoes.

Ouch!! I guess it could have been much worse, but that sounds painful!!

Ouch!! I guess it could have been much worse, but that sounds painful!!

It was. But I always think that is how they murder people in old English mysteries, so I am really lucky I didn't break my neck.

we had a meat slicer that my dad used a lot. I was cutting some meat while talking and I almost end up having a 'thumb' sandwich! I cut my thumb right down the middle! Talk about pain!! You can still see where it cut it today. I was looking at the person's face to as I always do and not at meat slicer, I am glad it was not an electric or I would cut off more than a my thumb!

Back