Studying Abroad

natty_4ever

Reaction score
Any deafies on here ever studied abroad? What was the experience like? I think it'd be cool to go to Gallaudet and study somewhere like Italy!

Any deafies on here ever studied abroad? What was the experience like? I think it'd be cool to go to Gallaudet and study somewhere like Italy!

I did a semester abroad in London.

It was the best experience of my life. It changed my life, even. My perspective on a lot of things changed, and I gained a lot of confidence as a result. I realized if I could go to London and communicate with the people and thrive in a foreign land, then I could do just about anything. At that point, my hearing loss began to mean jack shit to me.

I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I did a semester abroad in London.

It was the best experience of my life. It changed my life, even. My perspective on a lot of things changed, and I gained a lot of confidence as a result. I realized if I could go to London and communicate with the people and thrive in a foreign land, then I could do just about anything. At that point, my hearing loss began to mean jack shit to me.

I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Do you guys know any general programs good for deafies? (TWA, was this London study abroad through a program not related to your college?)

I know Lanapoo said something about some Sienna Italy program for deafies.

I REALLY WANT TO GO TO EUROPE TO STUDY OR WORK FOR A SEMESTER OR SUMMER!

I heard about the Sienna program too! That sounds sooo cool! London sounds pretty neat as well.

I was supposed to go do my student teaching internship in the Philippines during Spring of '02 but 9/11 happened so that program had to be put on hold. I was so disappointed but I understood as the nation was under a crises at the time.

Back