Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Looks like people sign up, come on here, say they want to practice or learn ASL, and then they never come back.
Sad Panda :(
Well, I am here to learn. Anybody interested in helping or learning together, please message me. I am not going anywhere.

Wow. Looks like people sign up, come on here, say they want to practice or learn ASL, and then they never come back.
Sad Panda :(
Well, I am here to learn. Anybody interested in helping or learning together, please message me. I am not going anywhere.
I would love to practice ASL. I am not going anywhere either. I'm on skype username - courtney swenson

I would love to practice ASL. I am not going anywhere either. I'm on skype username - courtney swenson

Courtney, I am new to skype, so when I looked up your name, you either have 30 accounts or there are 29 more of you in the skype world. How does one know who is who. I looked up my name and saw there are 30 of me also.

I promise, I am way better at ASL than I am with modern technology - apparently :(

Courtney, I am new to skype, so when I looked up your name, you either have 30 accounts or there are 29 more of you in the skype world. How does one know who is who. I looked up my name and saw there are 30 of me also.

I promise, I am way better at ASL than I am with modern technology - apparently :(
my profile pic is an owl in a top hat and a monocle. I can not make that same promise about ASL.

Not sure who still comes on here. But I was looking for ASL buddies. Would love to find someone to practice with. My signing is very basic mostly finger spelling and a basic phrases however I catch on real fast with no problem if someone can help!

Not sure who still comes on here. But I was looking for ASL buddies. Would love to find someone to practice with. My signing is very basic mostly finger spelling and a basic phrases however I catch on real fast with no problem if someone can help!
Willing to help here, message me

Hello! I am an ASL student also interested in joining an active Glide chat to practice my skills each day! This is so exciting - so happy I found this thread! My Glide username is @chcover - thanks to anyone that can help!

Yeah, somebody who glides!
chcover how far along are you? I am 1 semester into ASL, I will be reaching out to you in glide.

Johnathon B,
Do you skype or glide? If you do, I am trying to build a small group to get our practice on.

I do not know the easiest way to find me in skype, but my name is Nino Sandoval and the avatar is the same as here. My glide username is ninoray.

Please, anybody else interested in practiceing or just keeping up your skills, feel free to find me, message me, or what have you.

Hi, I'd love to join you all in practicing my ASL. Right now I don't have Skype or Glide, I'm on a mac, which do you recommend?

edit to add: I just downloaded Skype

Last edited:
Hi, I'd love to join you all in practicing my ASL. Right now I don't have Skype or Glide, I'm on a mac, which do you recommend?
Glide is specifically for your phone or tablet. It is not a computer based application. So you would have to go with Skype or maybe Facebook Messenger. Unless you got Glide on a smartphone.

Johnathon B,
Do you skype or glide? If you do, I am trying to build a small group to get our practice on.

I do not know the easiest way to find me in skype, but my name is Nino Sandoval and the avatar is the same as here. My glide username is ninoray.

Please, anybody else interested in practiceing or just keeping up your skills, feel free to find me, message me, or what have you.

I tried to find your avatar however no luck .there were surprisingly a lot of people with your name. However you can find me easier my Skype is jqbolden1. Or even though I'm not familiar with it, I can download glide if that is easier. Seems like Skype has modified everything.

Thanks, I went with Skype. Now what?

Skype is tricky because you need to have have the same free time as anybody else you are skyping with. For example, I am home doing nothing now and if we were contacts you would see I am home and we could skype. Cool if everybody is home at the same time.
I just learned about glide and it is cool because you can send a video and then your contact can watch it and reply whenever. It is basically text messaging with videos I think. I like glide, but being on the phone, the camera and lighting are somethings you have to be aware of.

Skype is tricky because you need to have have the same free time as anybody else you are skyping with. For example, I am home doing nothing now and if we were contacts you would see I am home and we could skype. Cool if everybody is home at the same time.
I just learned about glide and it is cool because you can send a video and then your contact can watch it and reply whenever. It is basically text messaging with videos I think. I like glide, but being on the phone, the camera and lighting are somethings you have to be aware of.

I'm on Skype now. I think I see you, but I don't know what to do.

I tried to find your avatar however no luck .there were surprisingly a lot of people with your name. However you can find me easier my Skype is jqbolden1. Or even though I'm not familiar with it, I can download glide if that is easier. Seems like Skype has modified everything.

I found you on Skype, but I can't figure out how to add you to my contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back