Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. My Name is Courtney and I am an ASL college student. I am hearing and looking to add some friends on Skype or Glide (preferably Deaf friends) to practice signing with. I live in Japan and there are no deaf Americans here. My glide is: NCLAR03 and my Skype is: courtrroach03@gmail.com

I'd definitely be interested. But it would depend on the day/time, since my work sdule is a bity crazy. I'll keep watch on this thread and see what develops. :ty: for offering to set this up!

Hello Ma'am. My name is Sky and I'm hearing. I've always been passionate about learning sign language to connect with Deaf Culture. I found a site where they offer free lessons for ASL. Unfortunately, I find it quite expensive to get a tutor . However, I tried the free online lessons and I'm beginning to pick up words and simple phrases! I am currently learning myself ASL 1 for a week now. I just hope I could find someone whom I can practice with. Thank you and God bless.

Sign me up too! If anyone wants to practice with me feel free to contact me. I guess you can call me a beginner because I know the basics, but I'm a fast learner and I'll be glad to help beginners! Just give me a shout.

I'd like to practice with you! I am also a beginner :)

Hi, everyone!!! I'm an ASL 102 student looking for someone to practice with outside of my class. I have glide and skype so let me know if you want to chat.

I am very much interested to learn the signing. Can you help me?

Anyone wanting to practice ASL I am currently in an ASL 6 class but I feel like I'm in ASL 3 but its not the teacher its me I need help on vocabulary and just signing in general =\ if you have Skype let me know if you don't i will try and get another app as long as i don't got to pay

I would love to set up a group chat with a few people so I can practice. I'm taking ASL 1 and I'm quite a beginner!

Hi I am teaching myself ASL and would love someone who can help me learn! I am a beginner and someone with more experience would be awesome!

Hi I am teaching myself ASL and would love someone who can help me learn! I am a beginner and someone with more experience would be awesome!

Hey! That's something I'm looking for too, do you have a skype?

Hello! ASL II student, trying to get some practice in with signing with other people. I'm a little slow but I'm dedicated to learning. I have Skype and FaceTime :) Message me if you're interested

I am looking for an ASL practice partner. I have glide and I'm also just a beginner. Let me know if you are interested!

Hello! I'm a hearing ASL student, and I recently finished ASL4. I'm also looking for buddies to practice sign with? And just get more exposure than the small town I live in (our deaf community is absolutely incredible, but, very small).

Hiya!

I've already posted in the "Introduce Yourself" thread. But I wanted to post here also.

I'm a late deaf (7 years now) learning ASL. I recently finished an ASL 1 class (using the Signing Naturally book). I'm also using Lifeprint (I'm on the 40's of their videos).

I would love to practice with someone. Preferably someone also deaf. But as long as you're serious about learning ASL, hearing doesn't matter :)

I just created a Glide account, because I know how popular it is for d/Deaf/ASL users/etc. So if you would like to be ASL buddies, please let me know!

Something that might be a resource for others. There is a website that just launched called signlanguageforum.com

I feel like I'm the only person on there since the site is so new. But they have an area that has ASL video chat rooms. I think they can only handle 4 people at a time. The rooms are broken down into your experience level. So there's a beginner, intermediate, and advanced kind of set up. I've not really been able to use it since there are so few people registered for the site, but if more people were interested, it might make it a good place for people to jump in and practice with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back