Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm taking ASL 1 this semester for college. I have to do 5 contact hours for the class and I would really like to skype with someone who is deaf who wouldn't mind sparing an hour or two of their time to help me with this. If interested please email me at carlsenamber@aol.com and in the subject line put alldeaf.com Thank you!

Respectively,
Amber

Hello! I have skype and I was looking for someone who might want to practice signing. Iv been learning online and i can pick up a couple words but I dont really have a way to practice in a conversational setting but Im a still learning asl so Im still kinda slow (evilchild2010)

Hey all, i have been signing for two years ish and i still have the hardest time with expressing myself in sign. I can comprehend most things signed to me and go blank when i need to sign something and its is frustrating because later on i end up signing it to my self like "dang i really could have answered that question" I guess its a nerves thing because I try to sign my random thought through out the day and look out or ask how to sign something i dont know to keep my vocab growing. anyway does anyone else have this issue?
oh and asl buddies skype me: candiaki

Wirelessly posted

christineatsflowers said:
HokuAhi said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by christineatsflowers

I desperately need help with my ASL I literally have no one to practice with or even talk to

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

I can see if I can get on Skype tonight and we can chat... I am a bit rusty on some words but for the most part I should be able to have a convo in your level. which, btw, what is your level? let me know what time zone you are in and I'll see what I can do.

I don't have a level I've been going online and learning the alphabet I have no help any where else I mean I'm in public school and I read lips the majority of the time I'm central time btw

find me on Skype and I'll see what I can do

HokuAhi12

Wirelessly posted

Evilchild10 said:
Hello! I have skype and I was looking for someone who might want to practice signing. Iv been learning online and i can pick up a couple words but I dont really have a way to practice in a conversational setting but Im a still learning asl so Im still kinda slow (evilchild2010)

hokuahi12

Wirelessly posted

CandiAki said:
Hey all, i have been signing for two years ish and i still have the hardest time with expressing myself in sign. I can comprehend most things signed to me and go blank when i need to sign something and its is frustrating because later on i end up signing it to my self like "dang i really could have answered that question" I guess its a nerves thing because I try to sign my random thought through out the day and look out or ask how to sign something i dont know to keep my vocab growing. anyway does anyone else have this issue?
oh and asl buddies skype me: candiaki

hokuahi12

Hi! My name is Amber, and I am really interested in learning ASL. Right now I have a really basic vocabulary, but hope to learn more soon. I want to become a fluent signer as soon as I can. Anyone care to help?

im hearing and im looking for a buddie that may live near me because i dont have a computer with a web cam yet, but i will in the summer and thats not much help for now lol.

I would love to have a Skype singing friend. My ASL is very limited, but I'm a quick learner. I am shy, but I like animals, movies, psychology, and I'm very open minded. I hope someone signs up to be my friend :)

Wirelessly posted

alessia55 said:
I would love to have a Skype singing friend. My ASL is very limited, but I'm a quick learner. I am shy, but I like animals, movies, psychology, and I'm very open minded. I hope someone signs up to be my friend :)

find me on Skype and I'll see what I can do. tho camera time might be sporadic depending what's going on with school and family, I do try to get on the laptop a few times a week.
Please let me know where I know you from cuz I'm also on the g+ hangout page.

hokuahi12

I'm bored and up for a chat tonight. If anyone is interested message me.

I'm free if you don't mind chatting with an old lady who struggles with fingerspelling. lol

Oops, someone else called right after I messaged you. Another time.

Not at all! Message me your skype address and I will add you.

Wow, That other call was my Deaf ASL tutor who had seen my Google+ light on. We signed for over 45 minutes! I guess I'm making progress but my being able to 'catch' fingerspelling is not improving at all, even with the lifeprint fingerspelling practice tool and signing with others. My brain just freezes and does not see much more than a blurr.

I am podiecat on skype also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back