Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That's what I hoped you did.

Yep. I mean I'm not saying that the community is going to be as helpful as sitting in an ASL classroom, but it does provide some useful insight. We're starting to do classes on Monday nights along with a voice-on session once a week where we sign and speak at the same time.

I would not join in on the voice on sessions due to my own hearing loss, but the Monday night class and voice-off sessions do sound good. I will try to get myself to break through my lack of confidence one of these days and join in. Lol

What will the Monday night class focus on? What level, approximately?

It's the very beginning of ASL. I'm assuming alphabet, numbers, basic signs, etc. I do not attend these, but I hear from the people that do go that it's worth while.

Don't worry about being nervous. There are tons of people that finally get up the courage to join us in our webcam events and afterwards say how glad they are that they finally joined because they liked it.

Wirelessly posted

SilentSigns said:
Hi all, my name is Marissa. I'm 21 and somewhat fluent in ASL. If anyone is interested in chatting i'd be up for it. I wanna get to know people before I get on webcam though! :)

hallo. the only thing I have available to me is my kindle tablet and for some reason it's not able to access the hangouts... is there a way that maybe we can set up a time to chat via Skype?

I just wanted to invite everyone to a Google+ community that was recently created, ASL Buddies. We will be having a Google+ hangout this Sunday at 8pm CST (9pm EST) to get to know each other better and have fun signing with each other. Everyone is welcome to join the community as well as our hangout this Sunday!

Missed the hangout this past Sunday. How can I join in for the next one? Do I have to sign up?

We're starting to do classes on Monday nights along with a voice-on session once a week where we sign and speak at the same time.

Hi, I just looked for the Monday night class but didn't see it listed on Google+. Even if for real beginners it would be good receptive practice which I need.

I'm in New England so unfortunately I got too tired and foggy to sign at the voice-off session. Anyone else prefer a earlier sessions?

Hi, I just looked for the Monday night class but didn't see it listed on Google+. Even if for real beginners it would be good receptive practice which I need.

I'm in New England so unfortunately I got too tired and foggy to sign at the voice-off session. Anyone else prefer a earlier sessions?

My kids are in at 7:30 so I could do 8. I'm sliding downhill by 9 too, I understand. I might pop in tonight to see if I can help out the beginners. Any signing is good practice, right? I don't see a hangout yet either, I'm guessing someone will set it up.

Hi Deanne, I'll check ASL buddies around 7:30-8 tonight. I'm sure you are a much more fluent signer than I...

Well, Google+ refused to work for me. From now on it's one on one with Skype or in person. I don't know what was happening!

we find out see 6 zone time UTC−6 ( time schedule)!

Wirelessly posted

hallo. the only thing I have available to me is my kindle tablet and for some reason it's not able to access the hangouts... is there a way that maybe we can set up a time to chat via Skype?

For sure! Any requests on the "Chat Requests" page are welcome! I can delegate if you want. I can ask people to see who's interested in doing something on skype.

Thank you, SilentSigns. I would be very interested as long as it is before 8PM EST. Google plus does not work for me at all.

Wirelessly posted

SilentSigns said:
Wirelessly posted

For sure! Any requests on the "Chat Requests" page are welcome! I can delegate if you want. I can ask people to see who's interested in doing something on skype.

cool. very good thanks

Hello, I have a skype (thefacecard) and would love to practice with someone who is advanced with ASL.

I am very new with ASL (taking ASL 1) and though my receptive skills are decent for a beginner, (thanks to my roommate signing to me) I cannot deliver very well.

This doesn't have to be a full-out teacher:student thing, we can just sign about everyday topics. I just want more practice in the language so I am not lacking when I move back to Miami and join an ASL club.

If you wouldn't mind signing with me, feel free to add me. (please tell me you are from AD too, or I won't accept the request :( )

I desperately need help with my ASL I literally have no one to practice with or even talk to

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

christineatsflowers said:
I desperately need help with my ASL I literally have no one to practice with or even talk to

I can see if I can get on Skype tonight and we can chat... I am a bit rusty on some words but for the most part I should be able to have a convo in your level. which, btw, what is your level? let me know what time zone you are in and I'll see what I can do.

HokuAhi said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by christineatsflowers

I can see if I can get on Skype tonight and we can chat... I am a bit rusty on some words but for the most part I should be able to have a convo in your level. which, btw, what is your level? let me know what time zone you are in and I'll see what I can do.

I don't have a level I've been going online and learning the alphabet I have no help any where else I mean I'm in public school and I read lips the majority of the time I'm central time btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back