Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will those who are learning or fluent in ASL add me so maybe we could skype and you could help me?
I do not yet have a camera but I'd love to practice once I can get my hands on one. Although... I am very rough at ASL. Just started learning at the end of September.

yoyo

I am learning ASL now and would love to Skype with anyone looking to practice

my Skype name is smockc

I do have skype if anyone would like to practice, my name on skype is heather.mcdonald82 :) just when you add me please write the message saying that you saw this on AllDeaf.com :)please and thank-you!

I do have skype if anyone would like to practice, my name on skype is heather.mcdonald82 :) just when you add me please write the message saying that you saw this on AllDeaf.com :)please and thank-you!

add username smithtr :) !! let know me on message!

I'm half-way through a class that only meets once a week, and there's talk of not having a second class once we're finished, so was wondering if anyone would like to be my sign buddy once or twice a week. You know, just to keep me signing. The class itself is a SEE/Pidgin class (they advertiesed as a Sign Language class, never claimed to be ASL), and although I would have rathered an ASL class, but I figured I would give it a try. I am enjoying it, however, and learning a lot, and seeing differences in ASL signs I learned previously. It's always interesting to see those, and I like that I now know several different signs for the same word. I originally began by self-teaching myself some ASL (words and grammar), so it's not totally foreign to me. I know roughly 240 words.

I would love someone to practice with ASL or SEE or both with on Skype sometime. My skype is:

kittcatt89

Just remind me you're from this site so I don't decline ya!! thanks

Last edited:
I'm half-way through a class that only meets once a week, and there's talk of not having a second class once we're finished, so was wondering if anyone would like to be my sign buddy once or twice a week. You know, just to keep me signing. The class itself is a SEE/Pidgin class (they advertiesed as a Sign Language class, never claimed to be ASL), and although I would have rathered an ASL class, but I figured I would give it a try. I am enjoying it, however, and learning a lot, and seeing differences in ASL signs I learned previously. It's always interesting to see those, and I like that I now know several different signs for the same word. I originally began by self-teaching myself some ASL (words and grammar), so it's not totally foreign to me.

I would love someone to practice with ASL or SEE or both with on Skype sometime. My skype is:

kittcatt89

Just remind me you're from this site so I don't decline ya!! thanks

I will forward to you I will review soon you!!. .. I assistant I best to effort to you!!

Once I get my mini computer, with the super duper web camera, up and running I am a go!

My fingers, wrists, and elbows are rusty though. Need an old fashion warm-up and get myself in top form ( :roll: ) again before I showcase my signing talents ( :laugh2: ): And out flows the crap! :giggle:

I stop by this post every once in awhile to say that I'm on skype. I have had many people add me but noone ever wants to video chat. I am hard of hearing and have a bachelors degree in Deaf Studies. My skype is AP1287 if anyone would like to video chat

One more student seeking skyping

Howdy there.:wave:

I have always been fascinated by signing, It's a beautiful fluid dance of hands and expressions. Like the hula or belly dancing for the hands. Now I'm taking an official class, just started this fall semester. I'm already losing some of the vocab because I don't have anyone to practice with, and most of the vocab, I don't actually use often.

So if anyone is up for it, no matter what your level of proficiency, I would enjoy your company on this exciting journey. :cheers: On a timezone note, I'm in Portland, OR. I'm usually piddling around here about 1:30 pm here, and don't slink off to bed until about 3 am. I'm pretty open for yammering with the ASL most of the day.

Bubbles,

I stop by this post every once in awhile to say that I'm on skype. I have had many people add me but noone ever wants to video chat. I am hard of hearing and have a bachelors degree in Deaf Studies. My skype is AP1287 if anyone would like to video chat

Hello I will forward you nice to meet you

Howdy there.:wave:

I have always been fascinated by signing, It's a beautiful fluid dance of hands and expressions. Like the hula or belly dancing for the hands. Now I'm taking an official class, just started this fall semester. I'm already losing some of the vocab because I don't have anyone to practice with, and most of the vocab, I don't actually use often.

So if anyone is up for it, no matter what your level of proficiency, I would enjoy your company on this exciting journey. :cheers: On a timezone note, I'm in Portland, OR. I'm usually piddling around here about 1:30 pm here, and don't slink off to bed until about 3 am. I'm pretty open for yammering with the ASL most of the day.

Bubbles,

I add for you I let know you short :P assist

Nice to meet to you around few day what is timezone?

New

Hi,

my name is Adrianna and I am relatively new to ASL.

I have been on lifeprint but I have a hard time remembering what I learned when I have no one to practice with.

Would anyone like to practice with me?

I have a Skype and I am quite the beginner so, please be patient with me.

Also, I don't know if this is relevant but I sign left-hand dominate because all the videos I found had right-hand dominant signers so it was easier for me to learn and copy.

Sorry, I'm babbling. First post and all.

Hi,

my name is Adrianna and I am relatively new to ASL.

I have been on lifeprint but I have a hard time remembering what I learned when I have no one to practice with.

Would anyone like to practice with me?

I have a Skype and I am quite the beginner so, please be patient with me.

Also, I don't know if this is relevant but I sign left-hand dominate because all the videos I found had right-hand dominant signers so it was easier for me to learn and copy.

Sorry, I'm babbling. First post and all.

Sure thing. What's your Skype?

Just for reference in case anyone wants to chat, I am free on Saturday all day. I live in NJ so EST.

Hello, I am 100 percent deaf. In Deaf culture, People think that I am HOH or Hearing because I talk using my voices more than using ASL. I can teach you how to use ASL through facetime, skype or even in person. I am located in CT. PM me for more details.

Sorry, I don't know how to PM anyone.

I would like to connect on skype.

It's a lazy Sunday for me. I'll be around the computer all day so message me on skype if you'd like to sign.

Ap1287

HI, I am a new student to ASL and live in NJ. I am hearing but need to practice and would like to be able to have a buddy to sign with who is fluent in sign.

Thanks

I'm in NJ too.

my skype is blackvipergirl13

maybe we will meet up or something

I've decided to try this again. I am HoH and have been signing for 10 years but wouldn't consider myself fluent. I'm willing to practice with other people in the deaf community as well as new signers.

I would appreciate it if we could meet on Skype and you could help me out.

I think my Skype s/n is the post above this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back