Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
skype trick

Since alot of people on this thread are using Skype, I thought I'd share something a friend helped me with.

If you use Skype for typing messages back and forth, and at some point find that your messages aren't getting through, try deleting your history. (Explore the menu to find this option: it might be slightly different depending on which version of skype you're using.)

I found that when too many messages have accumulated in my history, I wouldn't see messages from my friends *unless I messaged them*: then their old messages would suddenly appear. Not great for communication!

Last edited:
I would love to make some friends, and sign over skype! my username is bcolema9

Don't hesitate to add me! :)

ASL Learner in NoVA looking for practice sessions and deaf events

Morning everyone!:wave:

As with everyone else, I am looking for people to connect with over Skype or in person to practice ASL. Willing to engage with all levels of learning but I would say I'm probably an advanced beginner. I am hearing but have been learning ASL off and on for the last 4 years. I have used a lot of sites, books and videos in my learning and have only completed one class so far.

I relocated from Chicago and moved to Northern VA two months ago, about 30 min outside of DC. I just signed up to take a beginners class here in VA to relearn the fundamentals and looking for events to attend as well as new friends to practice with.

I wanted to post my information on here so that any invites I may send to people on skype they can reference this post on the thread as well.

I am missivy1920 on skype but the name is Jaeda (like Jada Pinkett Smith)

looking forward to chatting with you soon! :)

Hello, I am 100 percent deaf. In Deaf culture, People think that I am HOH or Hearing because I talk using my voices more than using ASL. I can teach you how to use ASL through facetime, skype or even in person. I am located in CT. PM me for more details.

please be patient us, contact to inbox me I can do it for you I do effort to you (skype : smithtr)
Thank
Smithtr!

I want to learn more ASL

I want to learn more ASL and practice with people who know ASL well. I also don't mind helping for really beginner signers, but I don't know how much help I'll actually. My email is callch24@gmail.com. Feel free to email me to practice ASL!

Hello, I was here before too but never really got around to getting the practices done but this time I am back with full determination to learn and practice more. My name is Binita and I am from NorCalifornia.
I am a beginner, I took the beginning class in my college and absolutely fell in love with ASL. I was hoping to continue with the next class but they weren't offering any this semester, hopefully they will coming spring. Until then I'd love to practice with anybody willing.
please add me on skype, my add is roiniraini

Thanks for everyone's responses about Skype chats! It's been wonderful to meet some of you! <3 I also just wanted to put it out there that I am looking to meet people in my area as well to practice ASL with. I'm near the Wilkes Barre/ Scranton area of PA. Just looking for a casual coffee or something like that. Let me know if anyone is in the area or interested :)

Hi. My name is Annie and I am very interested in learning sign language. i know when it comes to learning a new language, there is no better way than to surround yourself in an environment that will force you learn it and practice it. I joined an ASL club at the college I go to hoping to meet friends.I was a bit disappointed that all of them were hearing. I really want to know sign language from a deaf person. I am a bit afraid to approach some students who are deaf at the college because I feel like I would be a burden on them or simply make a fool of myself. When I saw your post I felt very encouraged to send this message. I know very little now, but I am a fast learner. I hope you can help me out and be my ASL buddy.

Hello, I am 100 percent deaf. In Deaf culture, People think that I am HOH or Hearing because I talk using my voices more than using ASL. I can teach you how to use ASL through facetime, skype or even in person. I am located in CT. PM me for more details.
Hi. My name is Annie and I am very interested in learning sign language. i know when it comes to learning a new language, there is no better way than to surround yourself in an environment that will force you learn it and practice it. I joined an ASL club at the college I go to hoping to meet friends.I was a bit disappointed that all of them were hearing. I really want to know sign language from a deaf person. I am a bit afraid to approach some students who are deaf at the college because I feel like I would be a burden on them or simply make a fool of myself. When I saw your post I felt very encouraged to send this message. I know very little now, but I am a fast learner. I hope you can help me out and be my ASL buddy.

I'll sign with anyone. I'm losing it because I'm not using it. Although I'm HoH I have lost my connection with the deaf community since I moved. If you message me on skype I'm available most of the time right now. My skype name is ap1287. I will also do facetime. If you want that name PM me and I'll give you my e-mail too.

Wasn't sure how to PM you so I thought I would do a quick reply. I would love your assistance in learning ASL. Please feel free to add me on skype or let me know the best way to contact you.

Jaeda
Missivy1920 on skype
jaeda1920 on gmail

ASL tutor anywhere

HI EVERYBODY

I am looking for a tutor =\ so far no luck....I usually am up at night looking for extra practice but don't know where else to turn. Add me on SKYPE : DeCaffy and send me a message if you can assist me. I would like to try to conversate in ASL and get comfortable with it for I want to be an interpreter one day.

Anyways don't be shy(even though i can be sometimes)

Bye
Cathy

Is this still active?

Are there any members who still practice sign online? How do I find out about local events or members who live closer?

Hello to all! I would like to practice my ASL. I do have Skype (ougrizgirl). I am available on Monday and Wednesday (anytime). Let me know! Hope everyone has a good day!

I would love to do one of two things:
1.) Practice ASL with a Deaf person
OR
2.) Help a beginning signer practice their signing.

I have taken ASL 101, 2, & 3, plus a Deaf Culture class.

My skype name is NicholeLaRoche

OR
Feel free to text me to figure out a good time to Skype or whatever: 315-719-2464

:)

Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a beginner learning ASL. I'd love to get some chat buddies. Preferably people around my age, 20. :) Skype: icecream30000

:wave: Hey everyone :) I am trying to relearn how to sign.. anyone willing to help me?? I have a skype.. just no one to practice with :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back