Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Shaydrian. I've been taking ASL for over a year now, and I'm definitely willing to chat with both you and sammii on skype. I'll add both of you. on skype. my skype name is SHAYJTODAY BTW

I got it :) Thank!

Looking for practice

I am hard of hearing, almost went deaf as a young child. I have always been considered hearing, but as I get older am asking people to repeat themself more. I have ringing in my ears again and find myself turning the t.v. and radio up much louder now. So began searching for sign classes, I am currently in ASL 2, my last class is this Wednesday. I am looking to become more proficient and learn more. I know the only way to retain and truly learn is practice so here I am. I am looking for people in the Ct. Area to help.

I am hard of hearing, almost went deaf as a young child. I have always been considered hearing, but as I get older am asking people to repeat themself more. I have ringing in my ears again and find myself turning the t.v. and radio up much louder now. So began searching for sign classes, I am currently in ASL 2, my last class is this Wednesday. I am looking to become more proficient and learn more. I know the only way to retain and truly learn is practice so here I am. I am looking for people in the Ct. Area to help.

I will review your ASL :) That is great!

I came across this website while trying to find good fingerspelling practice videos, as I'm abysmal at both fingerspelling and understanding fingerspelled words.
I'm only at the end of my first semester of ASL, so I don't know that much yet, but I'm better at understanding signs than fingerspelled words. This seems like a great way for people who want to practice to find one another even though we are in different parts of the country. Fabulous idea really. If anyone wants to practice with me that would be awesome!
Be forewarned, I am very slow still, and often need things repeated a few times before it connects in my brain, but I'm trying really hard. If anyone who is also a beginner or has a ton of patience wants to skype, my skype name is poppyphlox on there as well.
I hope we can all help one another learn better!

*peeks in*

Is anyone very patient willing to put up with me? I have no formal instruction, only my own study of sites like Lifeprint and some instructional DVDs that I bought. I have a very limited vocabulary and need slow signing and fingerspelling. The only person I've had to try and practice with is my other half, who has likewise had the same instruction so we're both probably just a bunch of bad habits and half-formed signs.

Is there a text-chat option in Skype to allow you to clarify things?

If anyone wants to try, my Skype name is suicideperkies and I'm in the UK time zone (GMT +1)

Hello everyone! I'm looking for skype friends to help myself practice. I am a hearing person with a caring heart and have fell in love with the beauty of ASL. I have 1 Deaf friend that has taught me most of what I know but also nearing the end of my class (ASL Beg. #2) unfortunately I do not see the class forming into #3 due to the drop in numbers from the 1st class to the 2nd. So I am preparing to venture off on my own... I haven't found any local hang-outs or events to get face to face experience with others :/ Anyway... everyone is welcome to add me on FB or Skype... don't worry about being nervous because I probably will be also!

My details are in my contact info on my profile.

Thanks In Advance!

So i've finally made a skype account! It's billie2285, if anyone wants to practice and sign with me feel free to add me! I'm not the fastest fingerspeller but i promise i will try to keep up!

Lets sign! :D!!

As soon as my construction is done, I will be able to participate on Skype, ooVoo, P3 and whatever else I have.

Hello I will add for you I consider you prepare I work for you :) soon update!

Sorry to jump in so late last I checked you could also video chat on FB just a suggestion all thought I would help out, another thing i do to keep up with my sign is i watch signing YouTube videos with mute on and say to myself what they are signing

I have both Skype and ooVoo.

I would be more than happy to set up a weekly ASL chat for those who want to practise with an ASL fluent signer.
Would love to practice I have Skype ellsworth252 let me know when you are able to chat :)

I have a webcam and want to sign!

I have a webcam and want to sign. I am available 9am-3pm for the next 2 weeks! I just finished ASL 5 at last semester.

I have a webcam and want to sign. I am available 9am-3pm for the next 2 weeks! I just finished ASL 5 at last semester.

I will review your asl I will prepare bear us hold us I will prepare your ASL :) I can prepare! let know me!

I'll be adding all of you. Finally got time to practice ASL on webcam as I recently finished all of my classes and finals for the semester. :) my Skype name is: ASLearner

Practice Practice Practice

I am an ASL student in desperate need to practice. My signing is not fluid and Im really struggling with signers perspective when determining alocation say simple tic tac toe Please help me Id log in everday religiously for some help:wave:

What's up y'all. From Louisiana here and figured I'd try this site out. I'm HoH and would like to practice/learn ASL with anyone who is willing to do the same. my Skype username is the same as my username on here. Hope to hear from y'all.

I would love to practice ASL with anyone. I guess you could send your Skype name to my inbox or however that goes ^^

bear to us, you can inbox me, or skype I wait for soon you add ;) short you day tomorrow or 2 days/weekends I hope be free times i hope short I don't want to missing to you!
pls zone times and exactly on time

Thank

Hello everyone,

My name is Naomi and I am definitely interested in doing this via skype or oovoo or well however everyone is comfortable with. Please let me know when the next session will be. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back