Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello every one well my name is carlos and im 19 years old but soon to be 20 and im deaf i would love to teach u guys who wants to learning so just email me at prettyboy801@gmail.com at anytimes so we can make times and days for u guys so just email me at anytime
thank you

my skype id is carlos..salcedo13

I will add the latest new ones to my Skype... But I apologize to anyone in my list since I have not been on Skype much at all lately. I was having webcam problems. As soon as I'm sure it's working okay, I'll do my best to get back on. I need the practice too! Haha!

If anyone wants to add me, my Skype is: lauren.hutt5asl

I am sorry I haven't been on much lately. It is hard to be working fulltime, being a fulltime husband and a fulltime father. Keeping me pretty busy lol. As soon as I am online I hope to see someone on.

My hubby is now on first shift and goes to bed stupidly early. Computer is in bedroom, so I can't use the webcam in the evening or at night. No lights on. The man needs his beauty sleep. :giggle:

I am sorry I haven't been on much lately. It is hard to be working fulltime, being a fulltime husband and a fulltime father. Keeping me pretty busy lol. As soon as I am online I hope to see someone on.

And your baby girl is adorable! :D

Hello!My name is wangwei.I am from china.I am deaf.I want to make friends with you.My oovoo is wangweibb2008.Thanks!

Hi, I am sure you can make lots of friends. Just not many people here this week.

One week away lot more people will be back. :)

Find someone to practice with

Hello, I do not have anyway to practice ASL. I don't have a way to practice on the computer with people either. I would have to practice with someone in person. Is there anyone out there that would like to practice in person meeting somewhere like a resturant or park etc. Near or around Milan, Britton, Dundee, Ida, Tecumseh, Adrian, Deerfield, Petersburg, or saline michigan.
Thank you
Sandy

In need of ASL Practice buddy!!

Hey all! I'm an ASL student studying in NY. Would love someone to practice with, preferably through webcam. I'm on ooVoo currently (which I love because it has conference video chat as well as one on one) but I can get Skype fairly quickly if need be. OoVoO ID is Totally Wiccad (might be Totally_Wiccad, with an underscore. Can't remember right now. Might wanna try both just in case. lol) I'll download Skype tonight. ID will be Totally_Wiccad. Really excited to get back to practicing! Hope you all have a great day/night! :wave:

Last edited:
Is ooVoo really that much better than Skype? I have Skype and P3 as well as MSN and Yahoo which also have video chat capabilities. Do I need ooVoo?

Is ooVoo really that much better than Skype? I have Skype and P3 as well as MSN and Yahoo which also have video chat capabilities. Do I need ooVoo?

It's not necessarily better. I just happen to like it. You don't need it.

This thread is set up on the premise that Skype is the commonality among all the students.

I'm sorry. I saw other users put up their ooVoo ID, so I put mine down as well. I also have a Skype account with the same ID as I said earlier. If anyone would like to practice please add me, or post/send your ID and I'll add you. :wave: Have a great day all!

I'm sorry. I saw other users put up their ooVoo ID, so I put mine down as well. I also have a Skype account with the same ID as I said earlier. If anyone would like to practice please add me, or post/send your ID and I'll add you. :wave: Have a great day all!

Tried to add you, but Skype didn't recognize the name. My Skype name is: kmbjbb1993

My skype username is: ryan_cherie

I haven't done any formal courses - only books from home and online sites (lifeprint.com, etc...).

My signs are limited but I want to learn more!!!

OK, I am looking to find online help to brush up on my ASL skills. Now my confusion sets in.
I have heard/read alot about Purple. I even signed up for it. (I am currently using my parents laptop and don't want to download anything that they won't use.) But I see that most students have/use Skype.
Is there any difference in which, besides popularity, of what system I use? Would it make sense to have multiple systems? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

OK, I am looking to find online help to brush up on my ASL skills. Now my confusion sets in.
I have heard/read alot about Purple. I even signed up for it. (I am currently using my parents laptop and don't want to download anything that they won't use.) But I see that most students have/use Skype.
Is there any difference in which, besides popularity, of what system I use? Would it make sense to have multiple systems? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I have both Skype and P3 from Purple. A few ADers call me on P3 and I get the rest who are on my list on Skype.

Information:
Heary
Self learning, ASL

Wish to pratice what I learn.

(will take my skype ID off the thread after a few days.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back