Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Practice!!

Anyone in the Oklahoma City area? I am an ASL ITP student looking for someone to practice with.

I have a webcam, and Skype, but the computer it's on isn't working...grrrr Hopefully I'll get it up and running soon and I would like to get in on the Skype chats.

Hey there, I know this is kind of an old post, but I would love to chat with you online if at all possible. I have Live Messenger but I can get Skype if I have to. Please let me know what you think! Thanks so much!

Hey there, I know this is kind of an old post, but I would love to chat with you online if at all possible. I have Live Messenger but I can get Skype if I have to. Please let me know what you think! Thanks so much!

This is a sticky thread that is good all the time.

You need to have Skype and then put it up here or contact other students who are wanting to practice.

This is a sticky thread that is good all the time.

You need to have Skype and then put it up here or contact other students who are wanting to practice.

@alaskangir,

I can you learn how practice ASL, you can skype add for me, let know me Pm :) I am skill ASL :)

I also would like to participate, Sundays are usually good for me, but i work from home and am logged into skype pretty much all day every day! Would love some help, I have had a few classes but it has been a while, and I fear long enough I have forgotten quite a bit.

P.S. For any wanting to add me, my skype is oracleslowbrow! I welcome any and all who do want to sign or even just chat, as I said, I am on the computer ALOT!

I also would like to participate, Sundays are usually good for me, but i work from home and am logged into skype pretty much all day every day! Would love some help, I have had a few classes but it has been a while, and I fear long enough I have forgotten quite a bit.

P.S. For any wanting to add me, my skype is oracleslowbrow! I welcome any and all who do want to sign or even just chat, as I said, I am on the computer ALOT!

I add for you :) I do it skype for you I help you teach sign language :)

I would also like to participate. Still very much a beginner... Please be patient!

I just got Skype. Let me know when the best time is, and that you're from AllDeaf when you contact me.

threecats06 <--Skype name

I would also like to participate. Still very much a beginner... Please be patient!

I just got Skype. Let me know when the best time is, and that you're from AllDeaf when you contact me.

threecats06 <--Skype name

i add for you :) i can do it :)

hi im new to this website, but i am looking for someone to help me practice ASL. i am not deaf or hoh but i really really want to learn. i have been following Dr. Vicars lessons online but because i dont actually know anyone who is deaf i dont know if i am practicing right. so if anyone would be interested in helping me practice i would love to talk to you.

oh and my skype name is pryce08

hi im new to this website, but i am looking for someone to help me practice ASL. i am not deaf or hoh but i really really want to learn. i have been following Dr. Vicars lessons online but because i dont actually know anyone who is deaf i dont know if i am practicing right. so if anyone would be interested in helping me practice i would love to talk to you.

oh and my skype name is pryce08

I add for you skype :D I am professional ASl great wink I can help you :D I hope be you improve skill asl :D

Hello! I am new here. I was recommended to this site by a friend. I am HOH and starting official ASL classes on September 13. It's a 10 week class. I know a little ASL. Would like to become friends now so when I know how to sign I will be able to practice. Maybe you can help me learn some too?

My Skype name is LeafRacer

Last edited:
Hello! I am new here. I was recommended to this site by a friend. I am HOH and starting official ASL classes on September 13. It's a 10 week class. I know a little ASL. Would like to become friends now so when I know how to sign I will be able to practice. Maybe you can help me learn some too?

My Skype name is LeafRacer

i add for you skype :D

I can help you teach you sign language ASL :D

Since I don't have anyone to practice with right now and I am not able to practice on Skype in the evenings (hubby goes to bed early and computer is in bedroom), I have forgotten a lot from my lessons. I have been reviewing the lesson from this sign language course I took and I am also doing the online lessons from • ASL • American Sign Language again. Maybe with me working on them both I will begin to retain the info and be able to work on it.

I wonder, if I was to learn ASL and also do PSE at home, would that be a problem? I know some people use PSE all the time and others who use ASL all the time, but have not heard of anyone doing both. At home, I would sign as I spoke, for the family's benefit, but I want to know ASL for the deaf club and any future gatherings.

Hi, I'm new to the site and still very slow at signing. I would love to skype with any and all of you. I've read through this post and have requested to add several of you so we can practice. Anyone can add me too. Amuggsy78 on skype. I've been learning on my own for several years, and I think I'm not to bad for someone who has never practiced. Silly question: Do you guys leave the sound on in skype? I've never skyped before I downloaded it just for this purpose. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new to the site and still very slow at signing. I would love to skype with any and all of you. I've read through this post and have requested to add several of you so we can practice. Anyone can add me too. Amuggsy78 on skype. I've been learning on my own for several years, and I think I'm not to bad for someone who has never practiced. Silly question: Do you guys leave the sound on in skype? I've never skyped before I downloaded it just for this purpose. Thanks.

I am a student so I do have sound on but of course I don't have a mic for my webcam so you wouldn't hear one thing from my side.

I have sound and a mic, but since I'm total deaf, I would never hear a thing. I do some video and mostly text chat. The good thing about Skype and P3, is you can do both at the same time. I'm still new to ASL, so I need both.

It's been a long time since I've signed - nearly 20 years! I need to (re)learn my skills - I'm h/h and have skype/aim chat/ichat....

aim/ichat: mikeshallop

thanks!

--mike

hello every one well my name is carlos and im 19 years old but soon to be 20 and im deaf i would love to teach u guys who wants to learning so just email me at prettyboy801@gmail.com at anytimes so we can make times and days for u guys so just email me at anytime
thank you

hello every one well my name is carlos and im 19 years old but soon to be 20 and im deaf i would love to teach u guys who wants to learning so just email me at prettyboy801@gmail.com at anytimes so we can make times and days for u guys so just email me at anytime
thank you

You need to just put up your Skype account so the students wanting help can add you. :)

Looking for ASL buddy

Hello all,

I am looking for a buddy to chat with over webcam. I am a hearing person and I have recently started learning ASL from a few different websites and friends. My goal is to improve my ability to read other people's signing and carry on conversations.

If anyone is interested, whether student or teacher, please contact me through skype. My contact is michael.demauro

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back