Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in having an ASL Buddy if anyone is interested? :)

Hey, I'm a student in TX taking ASL 1. I really need to practice my ASL so if anyone is interested my skype is deysi923. Just go ahead and add me and lets chat!

Hello, I am basically a complete beginner to ASL. I taught myself the alphabet and found a few websites to teach some basics, but with nobody to practice with it is pointless. I would like to continue learning. Would somebody like to chat via Skype with me? I am willing to put in the time to teach myself. My Skype name is Boylston1276

Hey! My name is Jasmine and I am new here. Looking to begin learning ASL with a one on one tutors help! Looking forward to talking with you guys!:lol:

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new here. I found this website when I searched for deaf community events in my area. I didn't find any, but I did find this forum, and it gave me a great idea. =)

I'm toying with the concept of peer-to-peer learning, and from personal experience and some research, it looks like a really effective way to learn. It's called the "protégé effect". I want to build a study group that uses this learning method of learning by teaching.

So, I'm looking for some passionate ASL signers who want to join a Skype study group. =)

The goals of this study group would be to learn by sharing, working cooperatively and teaching one another. This would give us the chance to learn effectively, practice, and to do so comfortably. It also gives us the chance to share information we're excited about!

It might be fun, and if any of us have tutors outside of a study group, it would add a new studying medium to our roster.

No skill level required at all, and no commitment. Just come ready to learn and willing to share. =)

I've created an e-mail account just for this.

aslstudygroup@outlook.com

E-mail me if you want to join up, then post below letting me know you sent me a message. Once we have 10 people, I'll send out a group e-mail and we'll all coordinate a date/time for our first get together. I'll post here too, to let everyone know we have enough people.

Anyone else who wants to set up their own study group can post here too! Give a contact address, how many people you want, and then post when your group is full.

I hope to hear from some of you soon! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. =)

~ Bronwen

Hi! I'm lexi, I'm deaf. Posted on this thread a while ago but I thought I would again because it's my winter break and I have time to help signers of all levels, and meet with new people :). If you want to sign with me, my skype is doubleaxxle. Please tell me you're from alldeaf, otherwise I won't add you. Excited to meet and sign with you!

ASLI Student

I am a Junior at the University of Houston and am in the American Sign Language and Interpreting program and I would love to find an ASL buddy. I am currently in ASL 2 but would not mind someone more experienced to converse with. I can use Skype or oovoo or FaceTime. Whatever is convenient for you.

If you would like to add me on Skype, my name is laurennicoleh108

I look forward to hearing from you!!!

Lauren

Hey! i'm a 17 year old college freshman and i have been very interested in learning sign language but i don't really have anyone to practice with so if anyone is willing to skype with me, maybe teach me some things and we can practice signing together that would be super awesome! My skype name is shelbypickle

Anyone near Boca Raton, FL? I want to learn asl. Let me know how i can reciprocate. I am deaf in 1 ear, but can hear in the other. ASL greatly interests me. please lmk if you are nearby & willing to work with me. Thanks
Hey! I live in Boca raton too! I'm 16, and hearing, but I want to practice asl, and I want to be more involved in the Deaf/d/Hoh community.
I'm new to this website, but if it has private messaging, PM me and we can text and meet up! :)

I would like to participate if that is okay. I am trying to keep up with this and be able to expand on what little I have learned so far. I have a skype account.

24/F/Hard of Hearing - Northern California

I'm an adv/nearly fluent (non-native) ASL user, and was raised Hearing, so I lipread quite a bit. I'm involved with the Deaf community in my area, and it's been incredible so far.

My Glide username is @supitsjules (remove the '@' when you search). Feel free to add me.

My time is somewhat limited, due to the fact that I work full-time and am currently studying for the GRE (hopeful future audiologist, here), so I prefer it over Skype. I respond fairly quickly, and it's easier than blocking out a large chunk of time for video calls.

24/F/Hard of Hearing - Northern California

I'm an adv/nearly fluent (non-native) ASL user, and was raised Hearing, so I lipread quite a bit. I'm involved with the Deaf community in my area, and it's been incredible so far.

My Glide username is @supitsjules (remove the '@' when you search). Feel free to add me.

My time is somewhat limited, due to the fact that I work full-time and am currently studying for the GRE (hopeful future audiologist, here), so I prefer it over Skype. I respond fairly quickly, and it's easier than blocking out a large chunk of time for video calls.

That would be absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I will definitely get Glide today and add you. I have a username my husband gave me that was out of a joke so look for nurse ratchet. I am going to school to be a nurse, so that's where the name came from. I appreciate any and all help you can give me. I am from Charleston - SC so I might not know some of the signs you use, since I have learned it's different depending on where you go in the USA, I would love to move out that way sometime after I finish college. Just a fair warning I am in ASL 102 class but sometimes a little slow so please have patience with me. Thank you so much for contacting, this is exciting!!

After taking 3 years of Sign and surrounding myself with deaf culture and deaf friends let me know if you want help! ^.^

After taking 3 years of Sign and surrounding myself with deaf culture and deaf friends let me know if you want help! ^.^

I would love all the help I can get!! I have learned that my instructor is not teaching ASL grammar structure and most signs are wrong. If you have glide that would help tons. My user name is mtjzryi Thank you for offering to help I am so grateful for that.

I'm a current undergraduate going to graduate school for social work in the near future. I am really interested in learning ASL. I'm definitely a beginner, with little knowledge of ASL other than the alphabet and a few signs. I do not have access to an instructor so I am self teaching. I want to be able to communicate with deaf/hard of hearing persons. My Skype name is SkyLuke26. I have finals coming up so I may take a little while to respond until the end of next week. I appreciate anyone willing to help me learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back