Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Skype is facebook:sundance.eaton_1

Looking for a Skype ASL if anybody is interested. My Skype: clay.lankford3
I've been learning on my own for about 8 months.

ASL Student Seeking Skype Signing Partner

I am in my 2nd year of ASL Interpreting degree and have my Sign Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI) next week that I need to score an intermediate on to continue with my major. I am an interesting person to get to know and I need help expressing myself with ASL.

Who is up for the joy of helping me? Skype screen name: Nechyt.3

Went to school for interpreting but ended up not finishing... Would love to find someone to start practicing with just for fun and to become a better signer...my skype is amber _lin1990

I'm hearing. Started teaching myself ASL. Need help!!!!
I have the alphabet memorized. Numbers up to 10. Basic stuff.
Want to make a new friend that can also help me learn.

Kik me? AkwardKassye

I have both Skype and ooVoo.

I would be more than happy to set up a weekly ASL chat for those who want to practise with an ASL fluent signer.
I would love to chat with you what is your skype name

I'm HoH and would always love some help with learning ASL. I learned a little when I was a kid and have been self teaching this past year with some help from my also HoH co-worker.

Hello! I am hearing, 18, I started learning sign language last year in school. I don't know much, but I really want to learn more! I plan on going to college to double major in ASL and speech pathology. I'd love to have someone to practice with, or just to talk to about ASL. My kik is LangKaBang. I'll give out my skype name of you kik me. Thanks!

I don't see that many ASL students at Deaf events this summer. I think it's because school is out. I don't mind helping people with ASL. I'm profoundly deaf and know the language pretty well.

Hi! I am oral deaf/HOH but would really like to practice ASL.. I have been learning for a few months if anyone would like to practice with me :)

Some of us Deafies love hearie girls lovin sign...
Especially the cute ones...."-)
And are alway willing to be their toys,
Its one the great things of being Deaf.....
Wink

Last edited:
FaceTime Practice

Hello :wave:

My boyfriend Patrick is trying to learn sign language for me (I have a deteriorating hearing loss and expect to be fully deaf within 5-10 years) but he's struggling to learn and remember the signs. We're looking for someone to FaceTime (ideally) or Skype (we'd have to get signed up for that still) with him a couple times a week while I'm at work.
He does have intellectual disabilities of his own and gets off topic pretty easily. :giggle: We're mainly looking for a female (he responds better to a compassionate woman) willing to work with him and keep him on topic for short lessons. He would then practice by teaching me the signs he has learned (I have learned 4 times but with no one in my friends or family who will also learn sign, I keep forgetting it :roll: )
Please let me know if you're interested and how much you would charge for these lessons. j s c h m i d 2 at g m a i l

Thanks!
Jenn :ty:

Hiya!
I'm new to this site. I am looking for anyone to Skype with that can help me learn ASL and more about Deaf culture. I am taking my first semester in a ASL course. I am still learning the basics. If anyone has the time and patience I would greatly appreciate it.

Skype name ahna.ravan

Hi! My name is Brianne, and I am hearing. I've been teaching myself ASL to the best of my ability, but I would really like to have some people who I can talk to and practice with. I don't know anyone who is deaf, or who is studying ASL, so I can't use my skills to practice and learn what's right and what's wrong. I live in Suffolk County, Long Island, so if anyone lives in Suffolk County also, I'd love to connect with you! I would prefer to video chat with someone who is deaf since I am not fluent and am looking to sharpen my skills and learn more. But anyone who would like to chat is welcomed to reply :) Or just add me on Skype: BrianneLuz.

i am going to add you on skype. would love to practice with you.
my name is travis and i am tgw723 on skype

sign practice

Hi. My name is Becki.
I am HOH and am learning ASL. (still pretty basic at the moment!)
I am from Wisconsin.

My Skype ID is: juniperarrow
I don't have Glide but I could be convinced to get one...

Hi Becki
i am also from Wisconsin. I live in Milwaukee. Moved here from Texas wo years ago and have had a hard time finding an ASL practice buddy since i moved.
I have finished college level ASL courses 1-4, the variuos Deaf Culture classes and the first two Interpreter classes. Would be happy to share by skype or glide what knowledge i have and help us both practice.
my skype id is tgw723
i willl send you a note on skype to add you
Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back