Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reply (cass2188)

Hi! My name is Cassidy and I'm 16. I am hearing. I am very interested in learning ASL but barely anyone knows it where I live. I love the Deaf culture and would love to learn more about it and the language. I would love to have an ASL "buddy" to help me retain the signs. :)

:wave: Welcome, to alldeaf I sent you a request you can pm me if you would like! :)

Last edited:
I think you have to email Alldeaf and ask can you send pm that's how I did it :)

How would I pm you? Sorry I'm still trying to figure out how to use this site/app.

I think you have to email Alldeaf and ask 'how can you send you send private messages' that's how I did it :) or post 5 or 10 times (not spam just regular replies to forum not really sure about the number) I just emailed
*sorry for posting this message twice im kind of stiil learning how to use alldeaf to* :)

Last edited:
Thanks I just sent the email. :)

hi I read your comment about wanting to learn asl and having glide. I want to continue learning asl and I would not mind gaining a new friend and being able to sign and learn more with someone.

hi I read your comment about wanting to learn asl and having glide. I want to continue learning asl and I would not mind gaining a new friend and being able to sign and learn more with someone.

:wave: Hi charchar befriend me and private

Hey all! I'm brand new here and not sure where to start but on this thread.

My name is Leila, I'm 18, learning ASL at University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire (in ASL 2 now), and am looking for a friend that would like to practice with me over Skype. I'm hearing, but love learning about Deaf culture and am super stoked about ASL! :)

My Skype username is: leila.cakes

Hey all! I'm brand new here and not sure where to start but on this thread.

My name is Leila, I'm 18, learning ASL at University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire (in ASL 2 now), and am looking for a friend that would like to practice with me over Skype. I'm hearing, but love learning about Deaf culture and am super stoked about ASL! :)

My Skype username is: leila.cakes

Hi Leila (pretty name) I'm Valerie and also new to the site. I'm in interpreting 2 of the ASL-English interpreting program at my school and looking for some signing buddies outside of my regular group as well. I'm sure you can find some friendly Deaf people on here that are willing to share. And I would also be more than happy to answer any questions if you have any. :)

Hi Leila (pretty name) I'm Valerie and also new to the site. I'm in interpreting 2 of the ASL-English interpreting program at my school and looking for some signing buddies outside of my regular group as well. I'm sure you can find some friendly Deaf people on here that are willing to share. And I would also be more than happy to answer any questions if you have any. :)

Hi I'm learning asl as well and wanted to ask you if you use the app called glide.

Hi all-

I’m a second year ASL student hoping to start an interpreting program next year. I’d love to chat with signers around my level (or higher, obviously :) ). Preference for feminist & queer/queer-friendly folks.

Feel free to add me on Skype: fireworkboi

Hi. Im 27 from the Philippines. I can hear but I am very much interested to learn ASL. I dont know a thing yet but my plan is to study the basics and get partners to practice with on Skype. I hope to learn ASL and then gain online friends in the process. Hopefully, I can teach ASL in here eventually as well. PM me your Skype if interested. Thanks.

The Philippines would have a different sign language than asl (american sign language)

The Philippines would have a different sign language than asl (american sign language)

But ASL was long used in the schools there, and FSL today is still very much alike ASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back