Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for help!

I have always wanted to learn sign language and I really need someone that could skype with me to actually make it stick!

I am 26 and live in North Alabama.

I have been taking care of people with developmental disabilities for about 4 years now. We have had a new client within the last 6 months that is deaf and it saddens me that she has no one to talk to. Also from other houses I have seen where workers only know how to tell them "stop" or "sit down" I want to become an advocate within this company for those clients. I am currently on maternity leave so I have about 6 months to focus on learning.

Hey! I'm new to this site, first time chatting in a forum. I'd love to practice signing with anyone, i'm fairly fluent but always trying to improve and sign clearer!! I'd love to chat with anyone who's advanced, at my level and want to practice together, or anyone learning that needs help or just practice! How do we set up chat meetings? I have skype, I'm not really familiar to the other kinda of video chat, vp, online group chatrooms, etc. How are they different from skype? just wondering. but ya, if anyone wants to chat, im usually free all weekend, just shoot me a message or something :]

I have always wanted to learn sign language and I really need someone that could skype with me to actually make it stick!

I have been taking care of people with developmental disabilities for about 4 years now. We have had a new client within the last 6 months that is deaf and it saddens me that she has no one to talk to. Also from other houses I have seen where workers only know how to tell them "stop" or "sit down" I want to become an advocate within this company for those clients. I am currently on maternity leave so I have about 6 months to focus on learning.

Hello Feeshadawn, you basic on learn how sign language :) that is great news I probably review your and on appointment for you :D

You're more than welcome to add me on Skype and send me a message anytime! My username is rayne127. I think we would probably have a lot in common as I have a younger brother with Down syndrome and have worked with MR/DD adults for a long time, other than with my brother.

Keep up the learning! There are a lot of online ASL courses you can check out while at home with the baby. Oh, and congratulations too! =)

-Adam

Hiya! I'm HoH and just learning ASL for the first time as I went to an oral school growing up. Now I'm taking ASL in college and would like someone to practice with! I'm only in my first year, so I'd like someone else around my level. Be gentle, lol.

My Skype name is neon_orange_skulls :D

Hiya! I'm HoH and just learning ASL for the first time as I went to an oral school growing up. Now I'm taking ASL in college and would like someone to practice with! I'm only in my first year, so I'd like someone else around my level. Be gentle, lol.

My Skype name is neon_orange_skulls :D

i am update for you skype :)

Hey again! I still haven't found a partner to use FaceTime with on my MAC. I could really use the practice. I've still been practicing on my own and it's not doing me much good conversationally. Can anyone help?

I would love to practice ASL and extend my vocabulary! My skype ID is planneryap.

Thanks!
Dawn

Hey again! I still haven't found a partner to use FaceTime with on my MAC. I could really use the practice. I've still been practicing on my own and it's not doing me much good conversationally. Can anyone help?
it is very lots of best effort my ASL!

I would love to practice ASL and extend my vocabulary! My skype ID is planneryap.

Thanks!
Dawn
great news!! I review your ASL!

asl buddy needed

I'm looking for someone to practice and teach me more asl. I have a skype.
RArthur828 is my skype name. add me. I'm really interested in learning.

hey hey! :D i'm learning sign language myself... i can't really be much of a 'teacher' but its always nice to engage with other beginners! so as long as ya don't mind me awkwardly trying to find the sign for what i'm trying to say, feel free to add me on skype! username: blondeyxd

sophie ^-^

Something interesting. There are ALOT of girls in my public high school want to know American Sign Language. Only two or three boys want to learn ASL. I just realize that girls love sign language than boys do.

Also, there are 95% of female interpreters in my public county system. So... believe it or not.

I'd love someone to practice with. I've tried going to events and meetings locally, but the community isn't that strong, I guess. I'm in ASL II, but I've been learning on my own since long before I starting taking classes. Still consider myself a beginner, though. My Skype username is graymorning :)

Something interesting. There are ALOT of girls in my public high school want to know American Sign Language. Only two or three boys want to learn ASL. I just realize that girls love sign language than boys do.

Also, there are 95% of female interpreters in my public county system. So... believe it or not.

We were just talking about this in class today. Interpreting is a very female dominated profession, for sure.

If anyone will help me sign on skype I would appreciate it so much! I am mazzydae94

hello I let knwo you I will project you ASL I information bit holiday I will back you :) btw I will best job project I am help you I will add you I best asl student you add!

I'd love someone to practice with. I've tried going to events and meetings locally, but the community isn't that strong, I guess. I'm in ASL II, but I've been learning on my own since long before I starting taking classes. Still consider myself a beginner, though. My Skype username is graymorning :)

I add you skype

I'm looking for someone to practice and teach me more asl. I have a skype.
RArthur828 is my skype name. add me. I'm really interested in learning.

I add you update accounts

hey hey! :D i'm learning sign language myself... i can't really be much of a 'teacher' but its always nice to engage with other beginners! so as long as ya don't mind me awkwardly trying to find the sign for what i'm trying to say, feel free to add me on skype! username: blondeyxd

sophie ^-^

I add for you Don't worry I soon you short

That is greats

well, i guess i'm just gonna have to get a webcam and Skype :(
Don't worry resolve your webcam issues you!!
We were just talking about this in class today. Interpreting is a very female dominated profession, for sure.
I add for you

If anyone will help me sign on skype I would appreciate it so much! I am mazzydae94

I do add for you

Yes. And I saw a spark of interest for ASL for the first time in my boy's eyes when I slyly pointed out that I have noticed that girls like boys who sign.:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back