Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Skype thing happening? Any particular time/ day?

I would love to practice with someone... my receptive has gotten worse since I work mostly with kids who are Deafblind, so I do most of the signing, and it's turned into a bit of a mix between ASL and signed English... not quite either one, and I want to improve my ASL, not just know how to sign words.

Just look for someone who is available when you are. There is no set time. This is just a thread for you to find people who are interested in signing with you.

You might put your Skype on so people can see if you age on, and good to go,

hey I assist for you help me support.I can help you support? I can help you! I wish be help you issues problem, I can help you fix on support? I would be able to you improve ASL :D

Is this Skype thing happening? Any particular time/ day?

I would love to practice with someone... my receptive has gotten worse since I work mostly with kids who are Deafblind, so I do most of the signing, and it's turned into a bit of a mix between ASL and signed English... not quite either one, and I want to improve my ASL, not just know how to sign words.

hey I assist for you help me support.I can help you support? I can help you! I wish be help you issues problem, I can help you fix on support? I would be able to you improve ASL :D

And people have told me Travis is an awesome teacher and very patient.
So you should really take him up on his offer to help you, Chipmunkis.

Thank you I am accept. I can do it best it :) Thank you let know me I can support to ASL buddy I can do it best it! I set up my schedule :) cheer

Thanks... I have to set up Skype...haven't done yet. I will let you know when i do!

That's great and I will!

Thanks... I have to set up Skype...haven't done yet. I will let you know when i do!

That's great and I will!
I am become teacher nice too meet you I am become good!I teach you support! I know I am very impressive good person I will set up schedule for you
I am glad of you :D

Hearing Beginner Here...Can anyone teach me ASL?

Can Any one teach me ASL? I am very eager to learn and know some few basic signs but i really want to learn and become fluent in the language. Basically I want to learn from scratch. One of my goals is to be a horseback riding instructor specifically for the deaf community so i would like to get started on my ASL asap. So any teachers?

My skype is: Riah1710

Can Any one teach me ASL? I am very eager to learn and know some few basic signs but i really want to learn and become fluent in the language. Basically I want to learn from scratch. One of my goals is to be a horseback riding instructor specifically for the deaf community so i would like to get started on my ASL asap. So any teachers?

I add for you thank you so much I can do it for you :) I can help you!!!! cheer:ty::wave:

i have both skype and oovvoo-- i dont know which is better, but i would love to chat with you once a week.
my skyype name is: lauren.bethany.miller
and i just realized idk my oovvoo one lol!

leave a msg your from here so i can accept you, if you want to chat!
:]

hi all-- wanting skype chat

i am confused by all the threads, lol so i don't know where my reply is.
so i am re-posting.:wave:
i would like to chat with skype with anyone that wants i am in ASL 3 and i really need the practice, i didn't get much practice over the summer so i am behind :/
my skype name is: lauren.bethany.miller add me if you want just put a message so that i know you are from AllDeaf, im 26- hearing, and i enjoy learning asl, i have horses, dogs, cats- basically a zoo, im a dog groomer (for 7 yrs). i like animals, movies, i like going on vacation and doing things but i am always working and in school it seems.

hope to meet some new people, thanks:ty:

-Lauren:D

I have added you as well.

i am confused by all the threads, lol so i don't know where my reply is.
so i am re-posting.:wave:
i would like to chat with skype with anyone that wants i am in ASL 3 and i really need the practice, i didn't get much practice over the summer so i am behind :/
my skype name is: lauren.bethany.miller add me if you want just put a message so that i know you are from AllDeaf, im 26- hearing, and i enjoy learning asl, i have horses, dogs, cats- basically a zoo, im a dog groomer (for 7 yrs). i like animals, movies, i like going on vacation and doing things but i am always working and in school it seems.

hope to meet some new people, thanks:ty:

-Lauren:D

I have added you as well. Thought I did with your earlier post.

I am HoH and an ASL student. I would love to practice with anyone will, other students as well as native signers. I usually use iChat but I guess everyone has ooVoo and Skype. I'll have to work on that. Please let me know if anyone is willing to chat. Thanks. :lol:

I now have Skype and ooVoo so add me :)
Ap1287

Last edited:
I am in ASL 1. I have Skype. I also have iChat -GO MAC!- would love to start signing with other people. Also if there is anyone in Florida let me know as well :-D
iChat: fremmin fedikin

hey my skype smithtr is very ASL :D I can do it best give you! I am study and do best help you on time. I can help you!! I can teach you sign language for you add two thank :D

Hi, I'm in ASL 1 and would love to get a chance to practice more, my Skype is Ptharra, thanks!

-Kiran

Hello All,
I am a hearing senior in high school that is planning on applying to Gallaudet as a HUG for next fall's term. I very adamantly want to work with the deaf community when I graduate, however, my sign vocabulary is VERY limited. I have never taken an ASL class outside of teaching myself sign from websites online. I very badly need someone fluent/proficient in ASL to help strengthen my ASL knowledge so that I can be better prepared for life at Gally (fingers crossed!). Thanks,
Kameron

email: runkamrun@yahoo.com

Hello All,
I am a hearing senior in high school that is planning on applying to Gallaudet as a HUG for next fall's term. I very adamantly want to work with the deaf community when I graduate, however, my sign vocabulary is VERY limited. I have never taken an ASL class outside of teaching myself sign from websites online. I very badly need someone fluent/proficient in ASL to help strengthen my ASL knowledge so that I can be better prepared for life at Gally (fingers crossed!). Thanks,
Kameron

email: runkamrun@yahoo.com

Thank you add for you! I schedule on set time I hope be let know you :) I can contact to you,I do it :)

I have set up Skype finally... name is chipmunkis on Skype too. Please be patient with me signing; I am recovering from dislocated should AND broken arm so I have limited ROM in L arm for now...hopefully I will improve, but some two-handed signs are hard for me to manage now.

Looking forward to signing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back