Students are offended by racist college food

<WDYS!>yeah, naughty Jews eating treyf....
:)

My dad didn't eat shellfish when I was a kid growiing up but now does have some shrimp from time to time...

I've seen that show w/Christina, those desserts she makes look good <to me>. A lot of vegan or raw desserts requires a food processor for anything in volume <to grind the nuts that are often used in place of crust> and take quite a bit of time to do well. While I've eaten and enjoy raw/vegan desserts, I've never really invested the time to work on one myself at home.

I' think that it's less and less <at least where I am> that vegan/veggie food is promoted as being so "meat-like"....I haven't experienced any kind of "fooling" as described in Jane's post.

I love authentic Thai and Indian food but haven't had it in quite some time.

I wish I had nothing better to complain about. I wonder what's going to happen to these studens when they encounter real problems.

I thought they were gong to complain about the name "Soul Food" ??? idiots.

I hate that fake seafood salad stuff! It's white fish dye red and made to look like crabmeat . I am allergic to the red dye in it. I brought some shrimps at Shaw's fish counter and they smelled strange and I opened the bag and were frozen but it smelled frozen in used ice . Yuck! It's really hard to find good shrimps around here.

I think it'd be a huge plus if we could give kids today a hard kick in the pants for all their touchy feely complaints. If their "offended" by the food being served, they should learn to cook and bring their own meal. I'm getting sick of this "me, me" attitude by liberals.

Laura

As long as it not some Korean food I like anything,always up for gastronomical adventures but don't push it give a. Chose is the word.i always wondered about. Corn dogs and I keep it as that just wondering but pumpkin pie lovely.
as long as food not got a pulse or needs a vet no probs or take frigging pack lunch learn to cook they at at colleage so doing a sandwich can that be so hard..
most people in hospitals and hotels get halal meat here ,I don't think they aware of it which is wrong I do not like way it slaughtered and I should have that chose

Actually I not sure I understand the coment as liberal would mean you got try other diets

Is "racist" really the right term for this? It seems "inaccurate" or something else that describes the fact that they are not using a accurate recipe for what the dish is called is a better description.

Oberlin is a very expensive school. Why aren't those same students protesting that their mommies and daddies can afford to pay the tuition when so many cannot?

Oh is that reason it not cooked right got wrong name personally I just say sorry got it wrong. There the. Kitchen there the shops and you cook it show us kitchen staff how to cook it and to the liberal students who I expect are white middle class and never been to rough end of town I would also ask are there Native American meals on the table I guess not and I bet they don't know how to cook them
my dear students you may mean well but I fear you are the cause of much racism your attitudes are no better than many radicals.So grow up buy cook book or if you non American and don't like the food the there is easy answer

I think it'd be a huge plus if we could give kids today a hard kick in the pants for all their touchy feely complaints. If their "offended" by the food being served, they should learn to cook and bring their own meal. I'm getting sick of this "me, me" attitude by liberals.

Laura

I am a liberal and when my daughter was old enough to cook if she didn't like what I made for dinner I told her to cook her own meal and she did.
I didn't want my child growing with the "me me attitude" and she didn't .
She does a lot of volunteer at her daughter's school . I am sick of people thinking all liberals are the same !

There is liberals and there is idiots thInking of the riots of the 60's in LA.What those students are doing is aping that.They there to learn not to patronize other cultures.

Laura

I have same issue with socially conservatives as well.

No hagis or blood pudding offered?
Racists!!!!
When will Scot cuisine get its day in the cafeteria!!
Half of me is so so offended!!!!!!

The other half is also offended at what is called italian food in america!!!
Ack!!!!!

Raciats all around!!!

So ive coked up a personal inclusive dish
Haggis meat balls, and scotch conolis...

Mmmmmmm....
With a dash o blood pudding, aye...up the clyde in a bike...

No hagis or blood pudding offered?
Racists!!!!
When will Scot cuisine get its day in the cafeteria!!
Half of me is so so offended!!!!!!

The other half is also offended at what is called italian food in america!!!
Ack!!!!!

Raciats all around!!!

So ive coked up a personal inclusive dish
Haggis meat balls, and scotch conolis...

Mmmmmmm....
With a dash o blood pudding, aye...up the clyde in a bike...

Think you have been mixing your blends kind sir... For... Ew lol but do agree about Italian food in the US.... Best just to friend an Italian grandmother.... Ahh now there is the answer to much

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Growing up my dad lived in a Jewish neighborhood in urban Chicago and surrounding him were various other ethnic neighborhoods. As a teen he had a variety of jobs in Chicago, too. All the childhood cooking smells of his youth, he loves to talk about. Bubbe made all homemade Jewish food; zayde <grandpa> was a kosher butcher among other trades so they had the stuff like kishke - and then he remembers stopping off at various other peoples apartments for his little job and the Italian grandmas would have all these sauces bubbling on the stove - and they'd ask him to have some. Of course, he never turned them down!

:) ok hoichi's post had me looking up "clyde in a bike" thought it was food - no, a river in Glasgow....oh I could have asked caz...

Back