Student finds his voice on the stage

Congrats!

Yea, I hope someone can trascribe it. Ironic that the video producers wouldnt provide captioning.

Would making a transcript just mean writing out what is spoken in the video? I can do that. Just let me know where to post it, etc.

Yes please! You PM me it and I will add transcript to first post with your username in.

Congrats!

Yea, I hope someone can trascribe it. Ironic that the video producers wouldnt provide captioning.

Thanks!

Yep it is really ironic. But I think it is part of my fault because I haven't ask newspaper guy who came to my school yesterday for subtitles. But still they should know the better.

Congrats! Can I share on Facebook?

Sure! Everyone can share the link! Spread everywhere. Many as you can! Because I heard the rumor that the site will only let that video up for at least 3 days before it will be removed. Same thing happened with Fox news two years ago with me.

Congratulations Joey, what an exciting time for you :).

Transcript:
(Narrator Nathaniel Cary) Joey Kareda, a 19 year old senior at JL Mann High School, has a talent, he can act. What he doesn’t have is the ability to hear or speak. That didn’t stop the Travelers Rest (?) resident from pursing a dream most would think impossible.
(Sara Griffith)And with Joey he can’t speak, he can’t hear. He can communicate though with his body, with his eyes with his expression.
(Narrator) Joey has overcome his share of challenges; He can’t hear music to choreographed dance numbers. He moved to Florida to join a drama program only to have it shut down. Then this past Thanksgiving, his dad died.
(Narrator) Joey found his drama home at JL Mann where Cindy Caroll interprets for him. He learned those dance numbers. He put together a monologue to perform at the South Caroline Thespian Festival where he won. Now he’s set to become the first ever deaf performer to compete in The National Thespian Society held in June in Lincoln, Nebraska. He learned at the state competition that, though he can’t hear the ovation, he can see the cheers.
(Carroll speaks and signs explaining the experience)

Ah - somebody got ahead of me. OK, cool.

Oh my apologies! Sorry, I was on hold on the phone when I opened this thread and so started to transcribe to kill time while waiting (cell phone company service tech = a long time on hold ha!). I wasn't really thinking as I was posting, mea cupla CM :wave: .

Thanks for transcript. Recently at school today, Press guy came for me to take pictures of me. After hundreds of shootings, he told me that there lot of people called their office and told them how they love my story. SCSDB, SC school for the Deaf and the Blind requested them to add subtitles! They have done it! Here is updated link!

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/art...0042/Deaf-student-actor-finds-his-voice-stage

Congratulations!

Sorry to bring up something that is a problem for some of us HOH folks that don't sign. The captions end at the point where the interpreter signs at the end. I watched it at a time when I didn't have my hearing aid in so there may be sound that is enough for some but not all of us.

Back