Strongman event - Hummer Tires

kokonut

Reaction score

Man, brings back memories! Awesome lifts!

Oh. Yep. They can do it. That's a lot of weight. I know how that feels.

Hummer tires bring up the bar a little higher than your standard powerlifting deadlift event using metal plates. The Hummer tires are taller as they rest on the ground. Plus, it looks awesome that way.

Hummer tires bring up the bar a little higher than your standard powerlifting deadlift event using metal plates. The Hummer tires are taller as they rest on the ground. Plus, it looks awesome that way.

I see. That one time I thought the bar would bend enough to break before he could put it back down.

No. Those bars won't break. It'll bend and flex with enough weigh on it. I've lifted over 800lbs before and it's kind of cool to see a bar flex like that.

I think I can do it.....

2edr587.jpg

*it's a pix of squirrel with muscle on steroid

About 100 pounds each. Plus they add plates on the end of the bar since you certainly cannot go up in 200 lbs increments.

Wanna see something insane? How about lifting a 473lb Atlas stone?

I want to add since I have extensive knowledge about these tires.. They're BFGoodrich All Terrain KO tires. I should know that because I have the exact same tires on my jeeps, and truck.

I think Hummer tires are about 37" tall, so that would put the bar at about 18" or so off the floor.

Except if you noticed in the video there is a platform where strongman put their feet on. So, that lowers the bar down to about 16".

Back