Step Parents

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have Step Parents/Brother(s)/Sister(s)

Do you get along with them? How did you feel when You will have a Step Mother or Father?

I have a Step Mother and Step Brother and Sister....At first when My dad met her I didn't like her I felt like She might take My dad away from me.. But, I gotten to know her more. I wouldn't ask for a better Mom than her.

Stepparents not to try to make themselves into "Dad" or "Mom"..Sometimes Mother and Father are afraid that They Might of being replaced..But, It Isn't true...

I don't have any step-members in my family. However, I do have adopted members.

As for step-families, they can be tough. Sometimes, one of the step-parents will spoil the kids in order to win their love since it's not really their own kid.

I have two step parents. My mother remarried when I was five and my father remarried when I was six. So...for as long as I can remember, I have almost always had four parents!

Double the pleasure, eh??? :::groan::: We've had our moments - ALL of us, but things are working out just fine now that I'm an adult, married and have my own family.

My older two children are actually Coffeeeeman's kids from his previous marriage. Even though I am raising them, they are my step-children. BUT when I talk about (okay, BRAG about) them to people, I simply refer to them as my children and omit the word "step." So, I have one beautiful daughter, and two handsome sons. Since my husband and I have our own son (our three year old, the youngest) we don't want to create a line of separation in any way as far as the kids are involved. They are treated equally. They receive the same amount of presents at Christmas time. They eat the same foods, watch the same programs on TV. When two of them get into some kind of trouble, the third is usually almost always, involved in some way or another, LOL...so they ALL get time outs.

Long as they know they are loved!

LOL

Cheri explains it all!....

I get along with my step-mom and she is the best ' mom ' I ever asked for!... :ily:

My step-sis/brother are cool!...

The only person I don't really like is my step-father who is married to my real mom....He never talked to us because he said he don't know how to talk to a deaf person.. :confused:

My hubby raised my eldest son when he was 2 yrs old.. He used to say my step son.. But I felt disagree with this because my eldest has no father since long time so I'd rather have him raise my son as being "Dad". My eldest son knows he is not his but love his DAD all the way.. doesn't want seeing his birth father no longer... (which it long story) anyway...

Well...... **counting** oh boy...

Dad married 3 times.. He married to Jeanie now She's such a wonderful lady too! better than his 2nd wife Cathy who is a very selfish bytchy lady Sorry....

Mom married Ohhh... 4 times she married to Paul who has been sober for 22 years now, she divorce him.. then she married Richard, and then Richard had a mini-stroke He didn't want to have all bills problem with her name on it too so they divorce but still love eachother then they broke up.. then they got back together again a year or 2 later.. Found out Richard had cancer so mom remarried him again and He passed away on June 15, 1998.. very wonderful man too (psst he is my dad's distant cousin) Hehe.. so I do get along great with any step-parents and bros/sisters as well too :-D

Wendy

Have some step-relatives in my family.

Never have any step-father cuz my mother never been married. My father married for 3 times. He is currently married to third wife. I don't really along with my step-mother cuz of her bossy and picky. Be nice to her for my dad's sake.

Have one step sister and one step brother. I get along with step-brother mostly. Hissing at step-sister, she's snob and bitchy. her hubby and two sons, they are so kewl and sweet. Notice myself, I get along with every male relatives.

VamPyroX said:
I don't have any step-members in my family. However, I do have adopted members.

As for step-families, they can be tough. Sometimes, one of the step-parents will spoil the kids in order to win their love since it's not really their own kid.

In my case, it's totally the opposite. I have 2 step kids...hubby and I treat them equally and try to spend as much quality time together when they come to visit with us on weekends.
Their mum and step father spoil them to no end. I'm not kidding...what I mean is that the son recently got a new jeep (not brand new, but 2nd hand), new computer...new brand name clothes...money ...
Daughter got heaps of make up (she's 14),clothes, got her nose and belly button pierced...new computer...new mobile phone (cell phone)...etc. :roll:

My parents divorced when im 3 years old .. long story.. My dad remarried about 4 time so finally he married a 10 years apart older than I am.. I never like her at the all I would alway escape from home didn't want to come home and have her bitch at me alltime.. I was soo angry with my dad for marry who is 10 apart older than I am.. So My dad has to do something wtih me from stop escaping from home, They decide to put me to live with my step-mom's grandparent in Minnesota from Salt Lake City, Utah i was like.. i wasn't comfortable so they put me a better education in Minnesota... I never knew about my step mom took a sign language and come home from colorado, she come to me and *hi, how are you* in the sign language it sure cracked my mind and after that we become better relationship as mother/daughter.

I learn about the ages, it's doesn't matter unless it's a love. oh well!!!

I have been thru with step parents...i have 3 half sisters and one half bro.

Malfoyish said:
I have two step parents. My mother remarried when I was five and my father remarried when I was six. So...for as long as I can remember, I have almost always had four parents!

Double the pleasure, eh??? :::groan::: We've had our moments - ALL of us, but things are working out just fine now that I'm an adult, married and have my own family.

My older two children are actually Coffeeeeman's kids from his previous marriage. Even though I am raising them, they are my step-children. BUT when I talk about (okay, BRAG about) them to people, I simply refer to them as my children and omit the word "step." So, I have one beautiful daughter, and two handsome sons. Since my husband and I have our own son (our three year old, the youngest) we don't want to create a line of separation in any way as far as the kids are involved. They are treated equally. They receive the same amount of presents at Christmas time. They eat the same foods, watch the same programs on TV. When two of them get into some kind of trouble, the third is usually almost always, involved in some way or another, LOL...so they ALL get time outs.

Long as they know they are loved!

That is truly a wonderful way to live life with da family!
:ily:

My dad married 4 times to different women. I have two stepsisters, two adopted sisters, half brother, and a stepmother out of the 4th marriage - it's ongoing :) We have a good relationship. My dad married 4th time after I was on my own doing the adult thing in college, so the stepmother didn't really get to parent me nor did the 3rd wife either. Mom was the 2nd wife. LOL! Dad has been busy while I've been in college! But we are on really good terms, and I like to consider his family my family as well. I just can't help but feel my "life" with Dad is over, and now he has a new life with a new family. It's their time now - the young stepsisters, half brother and the adopted sisters. I have moved on to a new family with my husband. That's life eh? :D

My Dad died when I waws 4 old and mom Re married when I was 10 and he adopted me so I have step dad and brother and sister whome are married now and have family's of their own they have kids so I have 3 Nephews and 1 Niece. My step dad is like a father to me I love him and my brother and sister.

My parents split when i was 2 and a half, and divorced when I was 4 or ALMOST 4.

My dad remarried in 1991 (i was 7) and I've been calling her mom ever since. I actually called her mom before they got married. I love her to death, she means the world to me. I think I was desperate for someone to love me like a mother would, since I had not had one for many years. She and I are like close friends now. (As we always have been.) She adopted my sister and I, a few months after my parents got married.

My birth mom remarried.. ahh.. 10 years ago I think. I never remember because she was with her husband for 5 years, and then they got married on the day they had their first date (after 5 years.) I always called him Eddie (his name) but I never referred to him as "my step dad" because I didnt like him. (Long story, my dad had nothing but bad things to say about Eddie.) It wasnt untill i was 14 that I started calling him my step dad, every now and then. When I was 17 i moved in with them, and I've been calling him my step dad, and I love him all the same.

Twice the parents is hard! Gotta get 2 gifts on mom's day and dad's day! :) I usually send my birth mom a card, and take my mom out to dinner. This father's day I will be sending a card to Eddie, and my dad can kiss my :booty:

Agape-"Unconditional love" transcends all.

My very good friend and mentor has a child with a wonderful man who has taken in her son from another relationship. He considers her son as his own son even though they have a daughter. Their relationship has inspired me to work on my relationship with my significant other because I am in awe of my very good friend. She is my mentor and he exemplifes the perfect example of how a "parent" should be. He displays unconditional love to both children and doesn't divide his love to any of the children. He doesn't say "My real daughter and my step-son" and now that is what agape means. Agape means "unconditional love."

I have 2 siblings & 2 half siblings out of my mother & her 3 husbands. I already told you the story about them at other thread.

Those woman, my Dad re-married is a real BITCH (excuse me for say this). She is not the woman, I wish to have a new mom!

She gave us the feeling that we are not welcome to her as family but I´m only one who get on well with her daughter because she & I are neutral person.

My life with them goes hell! It´s toooo long story to add this post. It would turn into 1,000 pages!

We know that our Dad is a weak & real patheic man, that´s why it´s easy for her to take him under her power.

Well, the important examples of thousand things we have been through out with her…

My Siblings & I were not invited to attend our Dad´s wedding with her!

My Siblings & I paid our surprise visit to wish our Dad´s 50th birthday. They excused themselves for go out after 20 minutes!
Few days later after that I learned by coincidence through my co-worker that she saw my Dad at big party in the resturant with many people. I hope that she´s mistake.
My sister said it´s not worth to confront those situation with Dad because of those woman since we know for years that we are not welcome but I ignored her remark & want to confront my Dad. I knew straight way that my co-worker tell the truth since I saw his shock impression & want to know who tell me. I told him that it´s not important but I´m here to ask him if it´s true or not. Suddenly his wife jumped & involved with us then call me nasty names. I said to her: “None of your business, It´s my Dad I come to see, not you. If my Dad don´t want me then he should say this on my face, not YOU”. I said something to finish them off then went off…
It´s too much what she did to us is the enough so I decided to break my contact with my Dad to leave him alone with her until she died of lung cancer. My Siblings also broke their contact with him, too. We contacted each other again for a first time after 10 years no seeing… I forgive my Dad for this after what he did to me & my siblings in the past.

***Amen***

I have a step dad and step sisters.. However i prefer to call my step dad "DAD" i always call him DAD no matter what. My mom got divorce when i was tiny baby and after that i never see my biologial father all those 24 years.

My mom re-married when i was 11 years old i was kinda afraid.. but instead of my Dad spoiled me alot and he took us to Disney World, took out to vacation every year and that's how i love him then 2 years later when i was 13. My Dad adopt me and had my last name changed :D

to me.. as having him as not a biologial father is awsome.. i turly love him for what he did to me,

I believe if mom wasn't married to him.. i'll be homeless, and not be able to follow the law, etc.. My Dad truely make a big difference :D

I have a step father, I get along with most of times. It is so sad that he considers me his son, since I see him often while his children do not call or see him often!

I have a step-sister, who is about thirty-four years old, married three times and again divorced and have two children from her third husband. I have not seen them in years although she and her children live next two counties from me. I don't really get along with her!

I have a step-brother, who is about thirty-nine years old, he was adopted by my step father and his former wife. My step father sort of disowned his adopted son, after he murdered someone over a dog in the early 1990's. He has been in and out of prison over the years. I have not seen my him since I moved to Georgia years ago. I did see him briefly when he and my step-grandmother came to see my step father and mother on Thanksgiving two years ago, but I left real quick, because I didn't want to be around him! He still lives in Tennessee, probably with his adopted grandmother which he isn't supposed to, since my step father told him he has to move out of her house. When my step father has the time, he will go to Tennessee and make sure his adopted son is not there, or he will have a police officer with him!

Anyway, my mother was not divorced, just widowed in 1984 and remarried in 1988.

I do not have any step siblings. My dad married three times (including my birth mom). Second wife passed away without having any children. This woman my dad is married to right now is a wonderful mom, because she had taught me a lot of things to survive this whole wide cruel world, in only four years! Heh. :)

My birth mom married two times (including my dad), I think. She got divorced both times, and right now she simply lives with her boyfriend, who does not have any children at all. (Don't ask me why cuz I do not know why not.)

Do uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. (as of in step family) count? If yes, then I have 1 aunt (& her hubby), 2 uncles (& their wives), and 8 cousins (I think). I have many great aunts (and their hubbies).

I do not call anyone my "step" family members. I just simply say that they are in my family, like "She's my cousin," etc. :thumb:

Back