Stella's Intro

Hi Stella! My name is Cindy and I live in Melbourne. I am hearing with Deaf friends and know sign language. Just wanted to let you know we have meetings here in Melbourne in ASL where you can learn about the Bible. They are not interpreted, all ASL. There are people that come that are deaf, hearing that know or are learning to sign, and people that are losing their hearing and/or sight and are learning sign. If that's too far for you, I have friends near you that sign and can meet up with you and you can learn more about the Bible! You can contact me at asljcl@gmail.com

Cindy :)

Special Education is not only for deaf and hoh students , I had a note takers in college and I really did not find their notes helpful . Someone suggested me having a note taker I did take note myself ,it was hard but I found mine to be helpful when studying for a test.

Deaf ed and special ed are two completely different things. It's just that deaf ed gets lumped in under the ageis of special ed, b/c there's no real other place for it.

Hi Stella! My name is Cindy and I live in Melbourne. I am hearing with Deaf friends and know sign language. Just wanted to let you know we have meetings here in Melbourne in ASL where you can learn about the Bible. They are not interpreted, all ASL. There are people that come that are deaf, hearing that know or are learning to sign, and people that are losing their hearing and/or sight and are learning sign. If that's too far for you, I have friends near you that sign and can meet up with you and you can learn more about the Bible! You can contact me at asljcl@gmail.com

Cindy :)

I hate sounding rude, but this message board DOES NOT exist for you to witness and try to recruit new members for your church. It's clear you signed up simply to "fish" for new members. You only have ONE post. Besides, how do you know Stella is even interested in the Bible? For all you know she could be an atheist or Wiccan or a member of the Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster.

Thank you AlleyCat.

I have tried hearing aids. They only increase my speech recognition by maybe 10% to 15%. Since they are so expensive, I'm not sure if the cost factor is worth it to gain so little help from them. I'd have to take out a student loan to buy them and I really don't want to do that.

Right now I am coping, so perhaps after I get my degree and get a good job I will have more options available to me.
Excellent that you tried them at least! Wow..... that IS a low speech gain! You COULD try CIs....I know you said you weren't interested in them......but they are more powerful then HAs, so could give you more of a speech reconition boost. It's like they give you a boost past what a very powerful HA can give you.

Back