Stay with AT&T or go with Sprint/Verizon?

Josh B

Reaction score
I have a lot in my mind about changing my wireless carrier. My AT&T contraction expire this week. So I am not sure I will stay with AT&T anytime, but iPhone 4 is first come in my mind... :hmm:

So I looking up to Sprint's HTC EVO 4G and Verizon's 4 different Droids on internet. :dizzy: And I want everything unlimited plan expect no talking plan for $50 or less per months, I don't mind small fee per calls if my family need my phone. My AT&T billed me almost $100 every month on my iPhone 3G come with talk plan! :eek3: I don't need a stink talk plan....

So how good Sprint or Verizon is? So do I should to stay with AT&T or go with Sprint/Verizon? :hmm: I can't thinking another questions...

I've had Verizon family plan for about 3 years and I'm happy with it. I don't have a phone as fancy as you want. Just a plain old vanilla telephone.

You dont have to get a calling plan with AT&T if you dont want to. You can apply for the AT&T TAP (text accessibility plan) for deaf individuals who use any AT&T device including smartphones, but excluding Blackberrys. I am pretty sure Iphones are covered too. This way you can save money, and if you think the number of calls you make a month will be minimal to 10-15, its worth it. Remember, under the TAP plan, your calls are billed by the minute - about 40cents/min. Sprint and Verizon too have similar accessibility plans in place. It all depends what device you are interested in.

I have a lot in my mind about changing my wireless carrier. My AT&T contraction expire this week. So I am not sure I will stay with AT&T anytime, but iPhone 4 is first come in my mind... :hmm:

So I looking up to Sprint's HTC EVO 4G and Verizon's 4 different Droids on internet. :dizzy: And I want everything unlimited plan expect no talking plan for $50 or less per months, I don't mind small fee per calls if my family need my phone. My AT&T billed me almost $100 every month on my iPhone 3G come with talk plan! :eek3: I don't need a stink talk plan....

So how good Sprint or Verizon is? So do I should to stay with AT&T or go with Sprint/Verizon? :hmm: I can't thinking another questions...
Depend on coverage where you live and travel if you happy with AT&T or not.

No problems with Sprint so far

My wife and I both have blackberries with Sprint and we have had no problems with their service except for a couple issues with the hardware of the blackberry itself. Sprint was good about dealing with the issues and got us new phones since we both had TEP (insurance).

I think the Sprint relay plan for the deaf is better than AT&T's TAP since ATT doesnt offer unlimited data anymore. Even if you go with EVO or the new Epic 4g phones coming out its only $10 additonal fee which still keeps you at around $50/ month.

My wife has regular 450 unlimited 69.99 plan since she is hearing and I have the sprint relay plan through work. I currently have a blackberry curve 8330 but will be upgrading to an Epic 4g when it comes out. If you can wait until August 31st to change carriers you might want to check out the Epic or EVO (but there is an EVO shortage right now). Unfortunately sprint relay is not allowing people to pre-order the phone which I do not think is right.

I have used the iphone 4 setting them up for people at work and I do like the interface but I think the physical phone itself is way too heavy, especially for someone who carries the phone in their pocket.

Bottom line is, pick the carrier that is best in your area, sprint coverage may not be as good as ATT for example. In my area ATT still has no 3G coverage but Sprint and Verizon do. Good luck with your decision!

OK, I looking up the unlimited text messages and data plan at Sprint Relay, Verizon. And compare it suit for me, (plus Headache plans too). :dizzy: :lol: I want a physic QWERTY keyboard smart-phone based Android OS. I thinking it is easily to type than my iPhone.

1. Verizon:
For 3G Smartphones
$54.99 monthly access for the deaf or hard of hearing
Plan includes:
* Unlimited Messaging
* Unlimited Web Browsing
* Unlimited Data Usage
* Unlimited Personal Email
* Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25
* Unlimited Internet Access
* Unlimited Instant Messaging (IM)
* Unlimited Domestic Text Messaging (SMS) (Included! Save $15)
* Picture/video text message is NOT included
* Phone as Modem, up to 5GB per month in total or up to 300MB per month while off-network roaming (PAM†) (Included! Save $15)
*4G requires an additional $10 Premium Data Plan. (If I get HTC EVO 4G)

Go for Sprint!.

So far, I'm happy with Sprint. You got everything for 30 dollars plus tax. I'm using my BB curve.

It's up to you. I'll upgrade to HTC EVO this either Nov or Dec. My contract end in Jan 2011.

* Phone as Modem, up to 5GB per month in total or up to 300MB per month while off-network roaming (PAM†) (Included! Save $15)

and if you can sign up eBill for $5 off monthly without send bill mail to your home.

OK, I looking up the unlimited text messages and data plan at Sprint Relay, Verizon. And compare it suit for me, (plus Headache plans too). :dizzy: :lol: I want a physic QWERTY keyboard smart-phone based Android OS. I thinking it is easily to type than my iPhone.

1. Verizon:
For 3G Smartphones
$54.99 monthly access for the deaf or hard of hearing
Plan includes:
* Unlimited Messaging
* Unlimited Web Browsing
* Unlimited Data Usage
* Unlimited Personal Email
* Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25

I used Verizon before and I switched to Sprint from almost two years ago for cheap plan. I had no problem with Verizon for four years. I noticed Sprint's network is pretty slow than Verizon for PAM *Phone as modem* and google maps. So I plan switch back to Verizon again for better 3G coverage, I can't stand with slow at anywhere at all. Also, we travel a lot for business and event. Same idea, T-mobile is cheaper than AT&T but T-mobile's coverage is poor than AT&T in USA.

Again, It's all depend where you live. If you live in GREAT coverage for Sprint then it's great.

Stay on at&t and we can have fun with iPhone. :D

I been using AT&T for 4 year and now they remove unlimited from TAP plan so I am leaving as soon Epic come out and going with Sprint.

I don't like Sprint too much even Sprint may have more 3G coverage but AT&T or Verzion 3G have a better speed than Sprint 3G.

I just like to be able to use a phone without worrying if I am near the end of my limit or have to check my account each time to see how much I have left.

I been using AT&T for 4 year and now they remove unlimited from TAP plan so I am leaving as soon Epic come out and going with Sprint.

I don't like Sprint too much even Sprint may have more 3G coverage but AT&T or Verzion 3G have a better speed than Sprint 3G.

I just like to be able to use a phone without worrying if I am near the end of my limit or have to check my account each time to see how much I have left.

Honestly, Verizon 3G speed is exactly same as Sprint in my experience so nothing beat att.

I used Verizon before and I switched to Sprint from almost two years ago for cheap plan. I had no problem with Verizon for four years. I noticed Sprint's network is pretty slow than Verizon for PAM *Phone as modem* and google maps. So I plan switch back to Verizon again for better 3G coverage, I can't stand with slow at anywhere at all. Also, we travel a lot for business and event. Same idea, T-mobile is cheaper than AT&T but T-mobile's coverage is poor than AT&T in USA.

Again, It's all depend where you live. If you live in GREAT coverage for Sprint then it's great.

you got it backward for me! When I first use Sprint it was great speed on PAM. Until few year later, it become slow and slow... Oy!

All depend on coverage.

Sprint and VZ are pretty fast at Chicago but Sprint is awful slow at QC. I noticed that.

Not if network is congested, I got around 200 kbps on my Droid in long time ago while Verizon network was in congested but went up to 1.2 mbps in late night.

Yeah, I have a lack of coverage on AT&T at the hills where I live in, I got 1 bar on my iPhone, that's it. :mad2: *sigh* I think GSM sucks big time in my option, no offense AT&T or T-Mobile users. :P I guess I choose Verizon.:)

Yeah, I have a lack of coverage on AT&T at the hills where I live in, I got 1 bar on my iPhone, that's it. :mad2: *sigh* I think GSM sucks big time in my option, no offense AT&T or T-Mobile users. :P I guess I choose Verizon.:)

Move to Atlanta? :lol:

Back