Starting intensive BSL classes today

I finished my BSL Level One course last night. Will find out next week whether I have passed or not. I've already signed up to do Level Two in January. Onwards and upwards!

I finished my BSL Level One course last night. Will find out next week whether I have passed or not. I've already signed up to do Level Two in January. Onwards and upwards!

Good luck, AJWSmith!

Good luck AJWSmith! I hope you pass so can go Level 2 straight away.

Edit: How did 101, 102 and 103 exam go?

That is fantastic! Good luck on the exam. :)

Good luck AJWSmith! I hope you pass so can go Level 2 straight away.

Edit: How did 101, 102 and 103 exam go?

Thanks for you best wishes Speedy Hawk

I am doing the BSL course accredited by ABC, not Signature, so I haven't done the 101, 102 or 103 exams. We are continually assessed (I had to write a brief account of what I learned for each and every class) and had four exams spread throughout the course or assessments as they were called. Two BSL dialogues, 1 receptive test and 1 productive test when you sign for two minutes making sure that you covered all the criteria (use of numbers; past, present & future tenses; express positives & negatives; fingerspelling and such like).

that's really awesome you and your wife are doing classes together! :D

when will you get grades back?

We passed BSL Level 1 \o/\o/

:dance::dance::dance: I'm really pleased to announce that my wife and I passed our BSL Level 1 exam :dance::dance::dance:

We have already signed up to do the next available Level 2 course, as doing Level 1 made me realise how little I actually know and I want to become fluent in this wonderful language. I'm told that even Level 2 isn't enough and that BSL Level 3 is when I can begin to approach fluency.

Thanks to everyone who sent us their best wishes :ty:

This is all wonderful news, congrats to you both on passing your level one and good luck with the level two. That surely is a very intense course. I am currently doing a prelevel 3 BSL course but that is a 3 hour session every 2 weeks, my brain could not take any more lol so you deserve a lot of credit for taking on so much learning in such a short time.

Stick with it, I am sure you will both do great!

Thanks for you best wishes Speedy Hawk

I am doing the BSL course accredited by ABC, not Signature, so I haven't done the 101, 102 or 103 exams. We are continually assessed (I had to write a brief account of what I learned for each and every class) and had four exams spread throughout the course or assessments as they were called. Two BSL dialogues, 1 receptive test and 1 productive test when you sign for two minutes making sure that you covered all the criteria (use of numbers; past, present & future tenses; express positives & negatives; fingerspelling and such like).

I never heard of ABC. That very different way than I heard about. Usually people pick signature and some pick NVQ, similar but I think just 1 big exam.

Well done passing Level 1! I agree Level 3 is best stage for proper conversation more than basics.

Good job! My honey is in his finals week for ASL 4, so next semester he is on his final ASL 5 class. It has been a busy time for him, so I have a pretty good idea how it must be for you guys :)

I watched one of these yesterday - 'Departure Lounge'. I understood parts of the BSL dialogue, but needed the subtitles to get the whole meaning.

The one called 'My Song' is an absolute tearjerker. I've posted a thread about 'My Song' elsewhere in AD.

This is my favorite BSL vlog. I was trying to understand BSL and the fingerspelling were way too fast for me. Lucky me, it is subtitled.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upAsFzO9AU&list=UUbsKqjg6V54gBkDesgFI7Wg&feature=plcp]Four Deaf Yorkshiremen - YouTube[/ame]

This is my favorite BSL vlog. I was trying to understand BSL and the fingerspelling were way too fast for me. Lucky me, it is subtitled.

Four Deaf Yorkshiremen - YouTube

Brilliant Buffalo :laugh2:

I remember seeing this years ago before I knew any BSL as I'm a big fan of Monty Python and in particular their 4 Yorkshiremen sketch. It was interesting to watch it again now that I know some BSL. Still needed the subtitles to understand all of it though.

Thanks for posting:ty:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhfVTflmMKI"]Four Deaf Yorkshire Men 2[/ame]

Here version 2.

Back