starkey - digital version

Reaction score
I would like to share with everyone my experience with new hearing aids.
Also the previous prosthesis are digital, brand amplifon.
I can say that with these new prosthesis, I have officially purchased November 4, today I feel much better, there are no the annoyances due to noises that interfere, and my voice has improved, less nasal.
recovery of hearing is quite similar to the above, stands at approximately -15 / 20db (without prosthetics, are -90 / 120 ...).
very important note: I did not expect such good quality, and in fact it was a real surprise for me !!

for those who need to ask me questions, I'm here, here, here, here, and finally there! :)

that's good, my mom's first pair is a Starkey! (she has the 3 series i30 and works great just for her)

My experience with Starkey digitals wasn't good but I wore the analog models for years and I never had a problem with them. It's always a great feeling when you find the right match. Glad to hear they're working out well for you.

Laura

that's good, my mom's first pair is a Starkey! (she has the 3 series i30 and works great just for her)

those implants that have shape? are those that fit into the ear? or are retroauricular?

and can you tell me the percentage of hearing loss of your mother?

My experience with Starkey digitals wasn't good but I wore the analog models for years and I never had a problem with them. It's always a great feeling when you find the right match. Glad to hear they're working out well for you.

Laura

hello Laura, I read here your experience and that of others before buy starkey. Maybe your prosthesis were of a different type, or were analogical ......

My Starkey Series 5 digitals were a POS from the get go.

In fact, I find it very strange your story! the two of us, we similar hearing loss, yet very different results with prosthetics: you did not go well, to me it went well beyond expectations!

I'm really stumped :hmm:

In fact, I find it very strange your story! the two of us, we similar hearing loss, yet very different results with prosthetics: you did not go well, to me it went well beyond expectations!

I'm really stumped :hmm:
Yes, they were in for repairs almost monthyly and sometimes quit the week I got them back from repairs. I was told they were top of the line, but turned out they were shit and were discontinued the same year (which I didnt know til Bott put up a link) and also found out, they werent even strong enough for me to begin with so they were pushing hard at their max levels to help be, which is probly why they kept blowing out.

sonocativo (or sonocattivo? :D),

it is a pity ... now you've changed your prosthesis? or are they the same?

those implants that have shape? are those that fit into the ear? or are retroauricular?

and can you tell me the percentage of hearing loss of your mother?

she has an RIC for her moderate to profound hearing loss (don't know the percentage but I know she's moderate in lows and profound up in the highs!)

hello Laura, I read here your experience and that of others before buy starkey. Maybe your prosthesis were of a different type, or were analogical ......

I had the Starkey Avail RIC which were a low end digital - all I could afford at that time because I was in the process of correcting my bite and had no funds on hand. My analogs had just died and I was dealing with a number of expensive surgeries and dental fees so I needed "something" to do the job. The Avails were not appropriate for my range of loss so they were useless. I had to pay for the entire cost of the Widex high end because I couldn't wait three years for the coverage. I needed something right away. If the Starkeys work for you, you got lucky. Hope your enjoying the sound....

sonocativo (or sonocattivo? :D),

it is a pity ... now you've changed your prosthesis? or are they the same?
I havent used them since they went out almost 2 years ago, one works the other doesnt. I am in the process of CI, but think I am not going to go with the CI.
Got mixed feelings from feedbacks of both pros and cons from people who have them already. But still cant get straight answers, no guaranty they will even work for me, it is a very invasive surgery with no reversing the loss of hearing or removing the implant, the costs involved..ect..
Ive been though enough bullshit with my hearing, hell if they are gonna cut me and say, opps this one wont work.

I havent used them since they went out almost 2 years ago, one works the other doesnt. I am in the process of CI, but think I am not going to go with the CI.
Got mixed feelings from feedbacks of both pros and cons from people who have them already. But still cant get straight answers, no guaranty they will even work for me, it is a very invasive surgery with no reversing the loss of hearing or removing the implant, the costs involved..ect..
Ive been though enough bullshit with my hearing, hell if they are gonna cut me and say, opps this one wont work.

There is never any guarantee for anyone that a CI will work for them. But more often than not the person usually benefits from it. And to me the benefits outweighed the risk and saying that now after I have one I did wait a long time before I went though with it. They first referred me for a CI in 2001 and it was 2009 before I went through with it.

There is a few on here with a CI if you have specific questions you could start a thread and list those I'm sure a few would answer what they could for you.

she has an RIC for her moderate to profound hearing loss (don't know the percentage but I know she's moderate in lows and profound up in the highs!)

I understood.
however, it seems strange that the doctors have not told you the percentage .... at a guess, I would say that your mother has had about 60% loss (namely the average of both ears) ...

I had the Starkey Avail RIC which were a low end digital - all I could afford at that time because I was in the process of correcting my bite and had no funds on hand. My analogs had just died and I was dealing with a number of expensive surgeries and dental fees so I needed "something" to do the job. The Avails were not appropriate for my range of loss so they were useless. I had to pay for the entire cost of the Widex high end because I couldn't wait three years for the coverage. I needed something right away. If the Starkeys work for you, you got lucky. Hope your enjoying the sound....

yes! i remember your story :)
do not believe it is a fortune! still do not have a girlfriend ... :D

CI? I could never accept them! for me would be to risk losing even my residual hearing. if you also have a minimum residual hearing and use them with prosthetics! at worst, if you really want, throw out the prosthesis and use ASL ....
note: this is my idea, do not evaluate how the gospel :D

There is never any guarantee for anyone that a CI will work for them. But more often than not the person usually benefits from it. And to me the benefits outweighed the risk and saying that now after I have one I did wait a long time before I went though with it. They first referred me for a CI in 2001 and it was 2009 before I went through with it.

There is a few on here with a CI if you have specific questions you could start a thread and list those I'm sure a few would answer what they could for you.

we do not have all the same opportunities and the same even hearing loss ... I'll tell you my story: I had a friend and we had the same hearing loss, he and I went by the same speech therapist, we took the same prosthesis (remember: amplifon, analog! terrible :D...), 20 years later, I find him, but he has gotten worse, I improved ....

we do not have all the same opportunities and the same even hearing loss ... I'll tell you my story: I had a friend and we had the same hearing loss, he and I went by the same speech therapist, we took the same prosthesis (remember: amplifon, analog! terrible :D...), 20 years later, I find him, but he has gotten worse, I improved ....

Not all of us have the chance for improvement. My hearing continued to worsen over the years the last test pre CI was less than 10% speech discrimination with hearing aids in both ears maxed out at over 100db but 2 years post CI was 94% and less than 10db using CI only.

Not all of us have the chance for improvement. My hearing continued to worsen over the years the last test pre CI was less than 10% speech discrimination with hearing aids in both ears maxed out at over 100db but 2 years post CI was 94% and less than 10db using CI only.

you are right!

Here where I live, there is a wonderful saying:

The possible we have already done, the impossible we are doing it, for the miracles we are equipping !!! :D

I understood.
however, it seems strange that the doctors have not told you the percentage .... at a guess, I would say that your mother has had about 60% loss (namely the average of both ears) ...

Percentage is not usually used in the USA. When referring to amount of loss the decibel level is usually given.

I have lost track of where you are, if I ever saw it. But the way you phrase things makes me think it is another country.

Back