Staff Murdered And Abuse The Children...

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spots of blood have been found in a bath in a suspected underground torture chamber at a former Jersey care home being investigated over allegations of child abuse.

A dog trained to detect blood was put into the cellar at Haut de la Garenne yesterday, and indicated two spots in the concrete bath. Tests for blood have given a positive result.

Police said yesterday that they could start making arrests in the case in the next two weeks.

Detectives have been given harrowing accounts of children suffering horrific sexual and physical abuse in the home’s cellar from the 1960s until the home’s closure in 1986.

A Jersey Police spokeswoman said: “It must be stressed that although the presence of blood in the bath corroborates the allegations made by some victims, there could also be an innocent explanation.” The blood samples will be forwarded to a laboratory in the UK for further examination. Tests are already being carried out on part of a child’s skull found buried in the home and burnt fragments of what could be human bone in the same pit.

Officers are also examining a wooden pillar behind the bath on which was written:

“I’ve been bad 4 years & years”.

Police search teams discovered the communal bath and a pair of shackles when they uncovered the cellar last week. They hope to break through to a second chamber next week and believe that there could be many other hidden underground rooms.

Detectives have information about more than 40 suspects, including members of the island’s Establishment and former care workers. They have heard from more than 160 alleged victims. Police confirmed that 100 people say that they were abused there and 25 people are suspected of sex crimes and physical assaults, including senior members of staff and a former politician.

The investigation team, which is looking into abuse allegations at a number of Jersey organisations, said that a further 262 calls were being processed and there were more than 40 suspects in the inquiry as a whole.

Up to 600 people are expected to travel to the Royal Square in St Helier today to observe a minute’s silence as a mark of respect to the children who allegedly suffered. The rally comes after several televised rows between Stuart Syvret, Jersey’s former Health Minister, who has accused the Government of covering up abuse, and Frank Walker, the island’s Chief Minister.

An update on a review of childcare on the island said that there needed to be improvements but that children are now safe. Andrew Williamson, a former director of Devon Social Services, was asked to review Jersey’s childcare system last year after Mr Syvret raised concerns. Mr Williamson, who is expected to complete his review this month, said:“There are a number of organisational and structural changes that will be recommended. And I am very pleased to see that a number of these are already being addressed.”

Victim’s relief

A letter from one of the alleged victims of abuse interviewed by officers was released by Jersey Police yesterday:

“Prior to our meeting, the thought of having to visit the ‘black area’ of my life and relive the events of my past, having to actually face them again and talk about them in detail, filled me with fear and utter dismay. Whilst finishing up with you on the last day I did experience a period of emotional breakdown (yet again!) I can say now that a heavy weight has been lifted not only from my shoulders, but also from my heart. There is light at the end of the tunnel and I am now walking towards it.”

Specks of blood are found...

Update:

Police find more remains...

Police arrest Jersey suspects

More bones found at children's home

njersey108cfx8.jpg

(A crowd of 600 gathered in Jersey to demonstrate their concerns. Many laid daffodils as a symbol of hope)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow i didnt know it did happened. I hope they will put this to rest and give the kids proper burial with respects. so sad ... :(

I thoguht it happened right here in USA but no.. it happened in Jersey, Channel Islands off the coast of Normandy, France.

Last edited:
I thoguht it happened right here in USA but no.. it happened in Jersey, Channel Islands off the coast of Normandy, France.

I thought the same thing as you did, thinking it was New Jersey.

That is so terrible no words can describe how tragedy this is. :(

As horrible as this is, also hoping there will be some 'closure' for the remaining surviving victims, that is if they're all found or do come forward...and justice is found for those who carried out such deviled acts of cruelty!

~RR

That's sad but it is also disgusting as well. I'm just beyond being speechless when I read this article. For the life of me, I just don't understand why the staffs abused and murdered these children when they are the one that are supposed to take care of the children. *shakes my head* What happened is just beyond my understanding. It's like, How can people really be so cold and cruel?

I hope that once everything is in the air, it will be able to clear out some of the commotions. I wonder, Has that children's home been shut down for good? If so, I hope it is. (If it has been mentioned - Forgive me, I haven't really read all the links the OP provided in this thread.)

Angel - I don't know if you realized this. You also posted this same article twice in this current event forum. I just thought u might would want to recognize it.

Angel - I don't know if you realized this. You also posted this same article twice in this current event forum. I just thought u might would want to recognize it.

Ha ha yeah I noticed, I honestly don't know what happened, I click edit to add a photo and all the sudden I see 2 threads :dunno2: :giggle:

I did let one of the mod know..Thanks Jolie.

I wonder, Has that children's home been shut down for good? If so, I hope it is. (If it has been mentioned - Forgive me, I haven't really read all the links the OP provided in this thread.)

Yes the children’s home closed in 1986.

For the life of me, I just don't understand why the staffs abused and murdered these children when they are the one that are supposed to take care of the children.
That's easy.............it was due to the thought that remedial violence was a good thing, which was a holdover from Victorian times. Back in those days, virtually ALL kids got whipped or experianced "remedial violence" Since the kids in juvie homes were thought of as incorrigable, they got an extra dose of it. While I think there are SOME fuckers(eg kids who are complete and utter sociopaths) who deserve to be severely abused as punishement, overall most kids don't need remedial violence.

Ha ha yeah I noticed, I honestly don't know what happened, I click edit to add a photo and all the sudden I see 2 threads :dunno2: :giggle:

I did let one of the mod know..Thanks Jolie.

Haha, All right. It's no sweat. I wasn't sure if u had realized it or not. :giggle:

Yes the children’s home closed in 1986.

Oh, Oops! I must've overlooked that part. I re-read the first post on this thread and I see it states --

Detectives have been given harrowing accounts of children suffering horrific sexual and physical abuse in the home’s cellar from the 1960s until the home’s closure in 1986.

That's easy.............it was due to the thought that remedial violence was a good thing, which was a holdover from Victorian times. Back in those days, virtually ALL kids got whipped or experianced "remedial violence" Since the kids in juvie homes were thought of as incorrigable, they got an extra dose of it. While I think there are SOME fuckers(eg kids who are complete and utter sociopaths) who deserve to be severely abused as punishement, overall most kids don't need remedial violence.

I agree - Sometime the remedial violence can stray off too far ahead but if it was like this today, I am sure it would have been different because a lot more of them are becoming educated. However, it still doesn't justify for what they did. There are still some people out there who would treat those who has remedial conditions horribly.

As for those who are complete and utter sociopaths, They can see it one way or other because they are 100% aware of what's going on. They just don't really give a damn about it which is really sad.

Yes, it was horrifying and I hope there'll be closure for the victims.

However, too many people knew that there were serious abuses happening at this place and yet, they turned an blind eye to it for years. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jersey police knew and did nothing.

And this was a British orphanage?! I thought the Brits had banned spanking and was one of the first countries to do so.

I shake my head at this think my god this sounds like something from a crime TV show. Why on earth would anyone want to do such harm to innocent kids? I think it is quite obvious that these children were scarred for life. I wonder if any of the orphans grew up and went on to continue the cycle of abuse on other children or women seeing as they experienced it while growing up and thought of this as 'normal' for them when in fact this is far from normal by all means and standards.

Not every abuse victim becomes a sociopath, but there are cases where victims of severe abuse as children became sociopaths due to thier warped path of logic and thinking.

Back