Squatters in Apartment Complexes....

rockin'robin

Reaction score
My friend was telling me last week about some people breaking in an apartment that had been empty for about 3 months, during the cold snap we had....Her dog was seemingly barking ":at the wall" she said. and the apartment across the hall from her was empty.

Many apartment complexes leave the electricity on when a tenant moves...so it makes sense people (mainly homeless) would break in to get out of the cold....

Her complex maintenance went over to the apartment to find food wrappers on the floors and the heat on...the asked my friend who had been over there, and she said she had no idea. but explained about her dog barking a lot...(she is deaf)...

We're having another freeze this week.....so I told her to surely keep her doors locked!

My friend was telling me last week about some people breaking in an apartment that had been empty for about 3 months, during the cold snap we had....Her dog was seemingly barking ":at the wall" she said. and the apartment across the hall from her was empty.

Many apartment complexes leave the electricity on when a tenant moves...so it makes sense people (mainly homeless) would break in to get out of the cold....

Her complex maintenance went over to the apartment to find food wrappers on the floors and the heat on...the asked my friend who had been over there, and she said she had no idea. but explained about her dog barking a lot...(she is deaf)...

We're having another freeze this week.....so I told her to surely keep her doors locked!

Need to hire a guard. That'll keep them out. Otherwise they'll just come right back again and do it again.

Back