Sprint Relay - HTC EVO 4G

i buy it at sprintrelay i love it htc evo 4g but i hate battery too short like five hours that it .. feed htc evo's charger three time per day.. i hate battery 1500mah too little for htc evo 4g 4.3 size big.. i have to htc evo send back to sprintrelay and rma soon .. sad.. i can't do nothing smile

I forgot to tell you. turn off GPS.

You may buy second battery pack.
Seidio 1750 extended life battery. Cost at about $45.
Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Slim Extended Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G | Shopper Grove

Size of battery do not matter anymore.

Looks at iPhone 3Gs is only 1219 mAh. It's about CPU and hardware power and OS.

Think! OSX Leonard on old Macbook 13" and battery life run for 5 hours and Windows 7 boot camp on same Old Macbook 13" and battery life run around 3-4 hours.

I got the EVO this past weekend, and I LOVE IT! It has a nice big screen, but it's very thin, so it fits in my pocket nicely. My only complaint is the battery life is pretty awful. You need to install an app killer and turn off a few other things to prolong the battery life.

I got the EVO this past weekend, and I LOVE IT! It has a nice big screen, but it's very thin, so it fits in my pocket nicely. My only complaint is the battery life is pretty awful. You need to install an app killer and turn off a few other things to prolong the battery life.

Quit app seem awkward to doing. It take bit time to remove app without have it running and eat the battery it out.

i found about Seidio Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G price not bad...

See if it stick to its word that it'll withstand EVO's power sucking apps for 12 hours.

Try running GPS with Google Navigation on and tell us how long it lasted. :rofl:

If it did last long then I'll buy the battery!

I read that 3rd party battery do not always stick to its promise. :ugh:

Catty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerLover
i found about Seidio Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G price not bad...

See if it stick to its word that it'll withstand EVO's power sucking apps for 12 hours.

Try running GPS with Google Navigation on and tell us how long it lasted.

If it did last long then I'll buy the battery!

I read that 3rd party battery do not always stick to its promise.

Catty

I think you really don't understand about what battery a milliampere-hour (mAh) rating is used mean .. this htc evo- 1500 mah battery is two to three day or more used advanced task killer save battery eat up.. if advanced task killer download without will take one day or less hours too short .. see Seidio Innocell 3500mAh is plenty time hours take one week or less-more used with advanced task killer .. because advance task killer applications running background on and turn off on battery prevent eat up..

here is wikipedia: Ampere-hour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you really don't understand about what battery a milliampere-hour (mAh) rating is used mean .. this htc evo- 1500 mah battery is two to three day or more used advanced task killer save battery eat up.. if advanced task killer download without will take one day or less hours too short .. see Seidio Innocell 3500mAh is plenty time hours take one week or less-more used with advanced task killer .. because advance task killer applications running background on and turn off on battery prevent eat up..

coolguy1973fly... i know about battery mah... do you know about advanced task killer or task killer or task manager with any phone? please say something?

Yeah, I understand about mah. I've taken Electronics class in the past. It's just that normal everyday usage or running apps that cause battery drains in real life (not just sit on the table for 2 or 3 days without using the phone). I managed to have my Samsung Moment battery last 13 hours in one charge. That's only when I dimmed the screen to 10%, turn off Email polling but one (I have 4 Email accounts), Use Onscreen keyboard instead of lighted keyboard, turn off Wifi and GPS. I even put phone on "sleep" mode everytime I put it in phone holster.

The only problem that I had issue with is that I'm outside under bright sunlight and screen was blank so I had to turn up brightness to 100% so it became readable. Other day, it's cloudy and I can read dim screen well. So everyday varies on usage and drainage on battery.

So 3,500mah Battery would enable me to leave brightness to 100% at all time and leave rest of other alone like above.

It have nothing to do with standing time, I use phone when I need it. At my work, I use it often to contact my boss or my wife ect.. Also using GPS with 12vdc automotive cell phone charger plugged in .

My point is that It have nothing to do with Advanced Task Killer saving battery drainage. I already download Advanced Task Killer and it turned off half of apps and some apps still polls for updates regardless if Advanced Task Killer turn off polling. I can't find anything to turn off that one damn polling in the running apps!! So it at least slows down the battery drain but not last 2 or 3 days with one charge!.. Mine just last 13 hours maximum if I got lucky on cloudy days.

I already returned Samsung Moment back to Sprint just day away from 30 day return policy expired and planned to get HTC Evo soon when it become available (they're sold out that's why). I did not have to pay $35 restocking fees hee hee.

Catty

I upgraded an "Innocell" 1750mAh Extended Life Battery from Sedido online. I tested on my EVO start 8:00 am to 5 pm without 4G, Wi-Fi, GPS... no drain yet, almost 3 days battery runtime (On and Off as sleep) and almost 1 week standby time.. much better than stock battery (made in China)

I added emergency battery pack for travel..
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• yhst-68204432523296_2111_236919946.jpg
    yhst-68204432523296_2111_236919946.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 67
  • yhst-68204432523296_2111_237024426.jpg
    yhst-68204432523296_2111_237024426.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Aww... Someone decides to choose iPhone 4 or EVO?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12ReEjx5ro&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - New IPHONE or HTC ECO Crazies[/ame]

Android 2.2 for HTC EVO 4G Coming Soon

Sprint: EVO 4G users getting Android 2.2 'in the near future' (Update: No upgrade for Moment, Hero) -- Engadget

This helping of Froyo will bring such features as Flash 10 support, improved Exchange ActiveSync support, voice dialing over Bluetooth, the ability to save apps on external memory, and an improved user interface.

About tethering? Android 2.2 has built-in support for tethering, though carriers will likely have to choose to allow it. Not needing to pay monthly for Sprint Mobile hotspot in using tethering.

No, the HTC Evo 4G has itself software to use thethering, Sprint does not charge you for a fee.

I agree with coolguy. Ask EVO Dragon who own EVO 4G if USB tethering is free or not in Andriod 2.2 Froyo???

Evo Mobile hotspot isn't free.
Sprint Mobile Hotspot uses a 3G/4G connection to turn the EVO into a portable WiFi router for up to 8 devices, but is it worth $29.99 per month? Read my full review to find out.

For Overdrive or MiFi users, who pay $40 to $60 per month for service, Sprint Mobile Hotspot's $30 monthly charge may sound like a bargain. People who didn't know it was even possible to use a phone as a router may not balk at the price either.

But for everyone else, the price isn't exactly attractive. Verizon offers the same feature (though with a 5GB monthly data cap) to its webOS users for free and third-party software like the ones mentioned earlier are either free or require a reasonable one-time fee.

With the exception of Verizon, carriers have kind of always had a reputation of somewhat gouging and controlling its customers when it comes to data. They don't believe that you should be able to do anything with the data plan you already pay for, which is why tethering and hotspot functions usually aren't free.

People will always find ways to get things for free, though, so of course it's possible to do things like tether to your computer without signing up for a pricey "tethering plan." Rooted phones can make use of free hotspot apps from Android Market, and I'm hoping there will eventually be similar software for non-rooted phones too.

Review: Sprint Mobile Hotspot on HTC EVO 4G

Back