Special Smartphone & Tablet (with picture)

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Everyone know about the regular smartphone and tablet now - iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, One, Blackberry, etc.
What about the other models that have special design - anyone ever tried these device? What you think of them?
There may be others I don't know about or forgot to add. If you know of other special smartphone or tablet post it here.

Samsung Galaxy S Lightray - August 2012 (watch tv)
296095-samsung-galaxy-s-lightray-4g-metropcs.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom - June 2013 (Camera)
20130514081422_samsung-galaxy-S4-Zoom_0.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Camera - August 2012 (Camera)
20121116T010804.jpg

Nokia 808 Pureview - June 2012 (Camera)
nokia-808-pureview-pure-white-all-collors.jpg

Asus Padfone Infinity - May 2013 (Phone into tablet and keyboard dock)
Asus-Padfone-Infinity.jpg

asus-padfone.jpg

Asus AiO Transformer - April 2013 (Tablet into PC, dualboot Windows and Android)
Asus_Transformer_AIO_35567072add_Speaker_35608128_01_620x433.jpg

71lqMvytmIL._SL1000_.jpg

Sony Xperia Play - February 2011 (Gamer)
Sony-Ericsson-XPERIA-PLAY-2.jpg

*looking around*

nope.... nope... don't need'em..... nope.... nah.....

I'm fine with my
rimpager.jpeg

images

nabi-xd.png

My present equivalent for low vision of the tiny tablet/smartphone.

Cheap too. :)

*looking around*

I'm fine with my
rimpager.jpeg

images

Well if that is what you are going to post . . . I would probably still be using one of these
Krown1.jpg

with the State Relay if the strap on version I had worked with digital phones!

When it didn’t I went to this
largeK-PCOMM.jpg
and it didn’t hold up like the PVCO did. I had repairs yearly while having none to cell phone. That may well be a reason they took it off the market because, when in good shape, it worked well for cell/ relay center combination.

Forget to say that with both of these I used VCO (voice carryover) and still use something similar with my current cell setup. Namely, CapTel.

Last edited:
*looking around*

I'm fine with my
rimpager.jpeg

images
I remember those RIM pagers during my time at RIT! :)

AOL even had their own pagers that used the same RIM devices, except they were clear blue. :)

Those things were easy to fix!

When AOL cancelled their service for those pagers, a bunch of my friends threw away theirs. I told them to give the pagers to me. I kept them to replace parts of other broken RIM pagers. I even had a friend who got a RIM pager, but had me change the body so that it had the clear blue AOL cover. Then people started asking him, "Huh!? I thought AOL cancelled those months ago!?" Of course, my friend would reply... "Oh, I have friends who work for AOL and they worked it out where I could keep my device and use their service!" Hehehe! ;)

I remember those RIM pagers during my time at RIT! :)

AOL even had their own pagers that used the same RIM devices, except they were clear blue. :)

Those things were easy to fix!

When AOL cancelled their service for those pagers, a bunch of my friends threw away theirs. I told them to give the pagers to me. I kept them to replace parts of other broken RIM pagers. I even had a friend who got a RIM pager, but had me change the body so that it had the clear blue AOL cover. Then people started asking him, "Huh!? I thought AOL cancelled those months ago!?" Of course, my friend would reply... "Oh, I have friends who work for AOL and they worked it out where I could keep my device and use their service!" Hehehe! ;)

I haven't seen a Polaroid camera since I watched Desperately Seeking Susan....:D

Laura

I never like that idea about Camera with bigass LCD which hard to read the LCD at outside as sun direct on the LCD. I still love my DSLR and I am viewfinder person.

I never like that idea about Camera with bigass LCD which hard to read the LCD at outside as sun direct on the LCD. I still love my DSLR and I am viewfinder person.

Me too! That is for use as a viewfinder. I do wish my older DSLR had a bigger one for chumping after the shot is taken. I even saved some money on a cell phone because the camera doesn't work. Of course, it is not my only phone but I have yet to use the camera in that other phone either.

Back