Special announcement! UbiVia - Live Mobile Text for Deaf, HH, and Hearing People

The :zzz: is pretty rude.......especially in a thread like this. Maybe you didn't realize it. :dunno:

No, I just read it and not interested because I'm not BB user.

:zzz: isn't rude but just feel not interested.

I agree with Jiro above about AIM. I use AIM at all time.

No, I just read it and not interested because I'm not BB user.

:zzz: isn't rude but just feel not interested.

I agree with Jiro above about AIM. I use AIM at all time.

Exactly my point. You went out of your way to express your disinterest in a product intended to be of service to the deaf. Others at least offered constructive criticism.

No biggie to me. :wave:

Was this PC to PC? or PC and BlackBerry?

pc to pc and back in the late 90's or early 2000's.

Isn't Ubivia wi-fi or internet based (rather they use data plan or wi-fi)... like VRS or IR-relay or AIM? if so, same difference.. and from what I understand, ICQ is part of AOL , which is probably why people are seeing the same method through AIM.

although, with aim or icq, you can't really have your own number like VRS or ip-relay, nor these IM service provide a relay service for hearing people to contact you. IP-relay or VRS will use AIM to reach you, though. you have to leave it on in case someone want to contact you.

If you can provide relay service (or get relay service to give people an option to use your product instead of aim), and a way to alert people better.. I think people maybe more interested in using it instead of aim.

Exactly my point. You went out of your way to express your disinterest in a product intended to be of service to the deaf. Others at least offered constructive criticism.

No biggie to me. :wave:

Actually this product/service is for any BlackBerry user, not just for deaf people only. Just so happens sComm is a deaf owned and run company.

Was this PC to PC? or PC and BlackBerry?

ICQ is a PC program from old time. Either way - the concept and annoyance still remain the same.

pc to pc and back in the late 90's or early 2000's.

Isn't Ubivia wi-fi or internet based (rather they use data plan or wi-fi)... like VRS or IR-relay or AIM? if so, same difference.. and from what I understand, ICQ is part of AOL , which is probably why people are seeing the same method through AIM.

although, with aim or icq, you can't really have your own number like VRS or ip-relay, nor these IM service provide a relay service for hearing people to contact you. IP-relay or VRS will use AIM to reach you, though. you have to leave it on in case someone want to contact you.

If you can provide relay service (or get relay service to give people an option to use your product instead of aim), and a way to alert people better.. I think people maybe more interested in using it instead of aim.

you need a data plan. Beside - BB comes with data plan anyway. There's about 2-seconds time delay in VP so time delay between real-time IM-ing? I can imagine the aggravation level would skyrocket. I think that would leads to confusion and miscommunication.

But this function may be useful for some people who need it and that's fine with me.

If you think this is rude...so be it.

I dislike anything related to SCOMM. I know the guy personally for a number of years as well as Kokundit does. I have a pretty good idea of the owner's true intentions.

And besides...when the ubivia or whatever its called finally rolls out on the market...who in their right mind is gonna pay a monthly subscription fee for it when you can have icq..aim...yahoo..or whatever else for free?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I can imagine the monthly fees might be aggravating. That's why GOOGLE is so successful. They can afford to throw out anything for free, because they ADVERTISE. This might be something Scomm just might have to do in the future to help pay for some of the mobility that is offered here.

I'm even thinking that this has promise in a wifi setting, just like the Ubiduos. Imagine this, two UbiVia enabled PDAs (Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Android, Symbian, etc.) enabled to use the WIFI in a building to wirelessly communicate amongst another.

This will be great for the business sector. Sure you can text message or IM, but that requires the DATA/SMS plans. That in itself can be buggy, depending on the carrier and geographic location. With secure WIFI in a building(s), this will stay where it belongs with very little interference.

If your smartphone have a wireless for wifi built in, you can use AIM anytime as long as they have the apps for your smartphone.
Facetime (sp?) in the new iphone is an example what I mean. It doesn't use dataplan to use it

They need come up with a feature that make it better than your traditional AIM

And besides...when the ubivia or whatever its called finally rolls out on the market...who in their right mind is gonna pay a monthly subscription fee for it when you can have icq..aim...yahoo..or whatever else for free?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Are you saying that you have to pay monthly fees to use UbiVia?!?! If that's true, it'll never succeed.

tax writeoff for businesses, I guess?

I don't know if AIM or ICQ can do that type of chat on smartphone. Someone will have to test it for us

Are you saying that you have to pay monthly fees to use UbiVia?!?! If that's true, it'll never succeed.

Yeah...I found out that right now it's all going to be beta tested for BB users to work out the bugs...and when the FINAL release is on the market..the BB testers will have 1 year free subscription. For all who wants it when the FINAL release is out...it will require monthly subscription fees.

I, for one, will be left out in the cold, HAPPILY!

I have no problem text messaging in a business environment. I don't see how AIM type IM would fit in though, as I need a vibrate type mode to get my attention that I have a message or someone wants to talk to me. On the other hand, the UbiVia is supposed to vibrate when someone is ringing you and from the video I saw on Kokonut's blog shows, it seems pretty robust and in realtime as fast as you can type on the PDA's keyboard..

Back