Source Of Email About Posts Changed!

Jane B.

Reaction score
My emails about a post made to Alldeaf have always come in as from AllDeaf.com but this morning they showed up first as that, then some slightly later ones showed as All Deaf Community and now the most recent ones show source as Deaf Community. I feel that the original AllDeaf.com best identifies postings to Alldeaf! What is the point of changing???????????

Could be for privacy reasons. For example, my emails come to my phone, and while I didn't mind one bit that the email said "AllDeaf", maybe others minded that. Especially if more than one person shares a phone.

My emails about a post made to Alldeaf have always come in as from AllDeaf.com but this morning they showed up first as that, then some slightly later ones showed as All Deaf Community and now the most recent ones show source as Deaf Community. I feel that the original AllDeaf.com best identifies postings to Alldeaf! What is the point of changing???????????

Could be for privacy reasons. For example, my emails come to my phone, and while I didn't mind one bit that the email said "AllDeaf", maybe others minded that. Especially if more than one person shares a phone.

But you will notice that it still has "Deaf" in it. So what is the difference privacy wise?

But you will notice that it still has "Deaf" in it. So what is the difference privacy wise?

The only thing I can think of is if someone doesn't want someone else to know they are a member of AllDeaf. Otherwise I don't know .. Maybe Alex will be able to answer your question. I'm only speculating.

The only e-mail notification I get is when I get a new PM as well as AD report. I don't subscribe threads to notify me, I just read through them. The source of e-mail doesn't really bother me, I just follow the subject line in the inbox so I know what I'm getting then that message gets deleted. I keep my e-mail addresses separate so I know the important stuffs such as payment notification get sent to the specific address while other is generally junk mail.

I don't even have the PM notification set up.. I come here fairly regularly already. When I did have it on to test, I really only looked at the subject line- I don't even remember what the email address was. Even though it's under an email address that's not used for 'professional' reasons, I still hate clutter and trying to reduce anyway...

Back