Sotomayor's views on guns prompt questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
that just confrims my view hat the need for them is outdated, everything you stated is from the past, and will never happen again, it's hardly a vaild point in a debate.

the entire civilizations in the history from B.C. era to now have already proven same message many many many times - unarmed citizens equals tyrannical government.

That's why our Founding Fathers jotted that down in the paper to ensure that it will not happen to us in this very country and it still hasn't.... not even once! whereas.... it has in your country and majority of other countries many times over in the history.

:hmm:

you know deep down you wont have one in the states
Sadly, deep down, I feel our country is headed in that direction. Maybe not in my lifetime but . . . :(

and the armed forces will take care of the rest, I'm surprised at your apparent sarcasm reba lassie:hmm:
Our armed forces "take care" only of foreign enemy attacks, mostly overseas.

Ask the people in post-Katrina New Orleans what happens to their well being when civil law collapses after a natural disaster (and their guns were confiscated). What could happen after a wide-spread man-made disaster? :hmm:

or simply just ban owning them unless you have a reason, self defence isn't one of them and protecting property isn't either, or else it would and has descended into the mess you have now, with lots of gun deaths. it's so bad there the change won't be easy but it needs doing.
I find The US to be one of the slowest countires to accept change in the world.
global warming/co2 emmisions, you opposed it for years and years even holding the rest of the world up.
now it's guns, the US is supposed to be the biggest superpower yet you are not leading the way, more like following like a spoilt kid who doesn't like being told they are wrong, the guns debate is no differen't.

We take things with a grain of salt. Just because a new idea sounds great doesn't mean it works. We are practical. We will work with the idea that is both feasible and economical.

Ask the people in post-Katrina New Orleans what happens to their well being when civil law collapses after a natural disaster (and their guns were confiscated). What could happen after a wide-spread man-made disaster? :hmm:

14no0lx.jpg

:lol:

so it's OK for loads of gun deaths "just" incase :lol: thats just ridiculous:lol:

so it's OK for loads of gun deaths "just" incase :lol: thats just ridiculous:lol:

better than secret executions and prison deaths by tyrannical government :cool2:

Sadly, deep down, I feel our country is headed in that direction. Maybe not in my lifetime but . . . :(

Our armed forces "take care" only of foreign enemy attacks, mostly overseas.

wel if no one else has guns, I guess the same as it would in any other country,:roll:
it's pathetic and disapointing to se how weak and frightended alot of the people in the US are of facing life without big guns to protect them, it's a sign of weakness not strength.

We have loads of auto deaths but we don't consider giving up cars and driving.

Instead of blaming the guns (and cars) we should focus on what's wrong with the people who are handling the guns and driving the cars.

wel if no one else has guns, I guess the same as it would in any other country,:roll:
it's pathetic and disapointing to se how weak and frightended alot of the people in the US are of facing life without big guns to protect them, it's a sign of weakness not strength.

guess what happened to that country with unarmed citizens :cool2:

that is a sign of weakness and irresponsibility for not working together to fight back against the abusive power. I thought you would know already... Did ya learn anything from Braveheart?? :lol:

you are getting a bit silly now reba, cars are made for travelling, guns are made for killing, either of them are just metal without someone behind it I agree, but they are both made for different reasons.

it's really weird actually, we had all these debates many many years ago, same things same comments etc, and yet we have never had guns so easy to get as they are in the states, it's like i said in an earlier post, you might be a so called superpower but you neever ever lead the way, you always follow. and mark my word, follow you will, i bet a high prcent of the pro gun lobby hasnt had a kid/family member killed or maimed by criminals.

ps i once owned 3 guns, I used to shoot at least 3 times a week, one was for hunting, and 2 for sporting use(clay pigeons) when i gave up hunting and stopped competing i could have still kept the guns, but as i had no longer any use for them I sold 2 of them on to other licenced users and handed one in to be destroyed to the police. I know and understand about guns, and the danger of them falling into the wrong hands.

guess what happened to that country with unarmed citizens :cool2:

that is a sign of weakness and irresponsibility for not working together to fight back against the abusive power. I thought you would know already... Did ya learn anything from Braveheart?? :lol:

how much further do you lot pathetically want to go back to so you can try to justify modern times?:lol:

how much further do you lot pathetically want to go back to so you can try to justify modern times?:lol:

further? it's already happening right now. It's called Darfur. Somalia. Rwanda. Palestine. Tibet. Myanmar. and bunch more to list.

further? it's already happening right now. It's called Darfur. Somalia. Rwanda. Palestine. Tibet. Myanmar. and bunch more to list.

and for some stupid reason you think that keeping a gun in your house will stop this from happening?

I eagerly wait for some kind of logic behind this, it's hilarious:lol:

and for soem stupid reason you think that keping a gun in your house will stop this from happening?

I eagerly wait for some kind of logic behind this, it's hilarious:lol:

this pix explains it all -

29fwcbs.jpg

the army does that for you for gods sake, a house owner isnt going to make a bit of difference in having a gun.
the lines of debates here tonight for justifying guns are laughable, quoting dictators in third world countries and communist countries etc, knowing damn well it will never happen in the US same as it will never happen in the UK.
it's amost as pathetic as sayin we need them incase we are invaded by aliens from outerspace.
it's not a vaild reason for justifying thousands of innocent deaths through guns, not even close to it.

anyway im off to bed, before one of you say we need them incase we get attacked by dinosaurs lol
it wouldnt surprise me, it's been silly enough:lol:

god night and god bless

the army does that for you for gods sake, a house owner isnt going to make a bit of difference in having a gun.
the lines of debates here tonight for justifying guns are laughable, quoting dictators in thrid world countries and communist countries etc, knowing damn well it will never happne in the US same as it will never happen in the UK.
it's amost as pathetic as sayin we need them incase we are invaded by aliens from outerspace.
it's not a vaild reason for justifying thousands of innocent deaths through guns, not even close to it.

That's what happened to people in Germany. That's why Switzerland was never conquered by Hitler. so how do we defend ourselves from army who follows their tyrannical government?

Having a gun in a house surely made a big damn difference between being conquered and being free. :cool2:

That's what happened to people in Germany. That's why Switzerland was never conquered by Hitler. so how do we defend ourselves from army who follows their tyrannical government?

Having a gun in a house surely made a big damn difference between being conquered and being free. :cool2:

:lol:god you are so scary lol, i can't believe how naive you are mate, :shock:

We have a long way to go here but giving up the guns wont help. I understand how it can happen that a citywide law is passed against handguns, it is a helluva problem. But when we give them up it will be a worse problem. I don't cut down the tree and expect to get fruit from it. I do prune the tree and get good fruit. There is a need for gun law. To use Reba's talk of driving deaths. Can you imagine the carnage without the driving laws and road standardization we have now? No drunk driving laws? It is the same with gun law. We need it but we need to enforce what we have not just take the guns away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back