sorenson VP (VCO)

RosesNY

Reaction score
HI, I was wonder do anyone use VOC (voice carry over) in the soreson vp or any vp ?

I was wonder about that because I wants to know how it work

one way that it can work is just like 2 line VCO. You would need to have a 3-way calling feature on your phone, or two phone lines(and a phone that supports using both lines at once)

You would connect to the VRS operator via your videophone, and tell them you want to do a VCO call. Give them your number, they call you, then peform a conference call and call the person you're trying to reach. The operator would sign everything that the other person says and not worry about interpreting for you.

I think Hamilton relay has been offering this for a while,

I use that (VCO) only have one phone line. I have DSL Used to have cable internet it worked then too.

you call the interpreter with VP and tell them you want a VCO call. They ask your phone number and call you then call the other person. you speak for yourself and relay interprets the other end of the conversation.

(must have a land line phone number)

I use that (VCO) only have one phone line. I have DSL Used to have cable internet it worked then too.

Yes, but you have a feature called 3-way calling. for some phone plans there are extra charges involved, some times it comes free with a package some times you have to order it. I have VoIP with Packet8 and 3-way calling is included for free, I have noticed however that ATT charges extra fees if you want 3 way calling ability.

Yes, but you have a feature called 3-way calling. for some phone plans there are extra charges involved, some times it comes free with a package some times you have to order it. I have VoIP with Packet8 and 3-way calling is included for free, I have noticed however that ATT charges extra fees if you want 3 way calling ability.

I never ordered 3 way so if If i have it its news to me.

You do not need 3-way calling to do a VCO call. The interpreters have the feature of 3-way on their phones. Here's what you do:

1. You call VRS and tell the interpreter you want VCO.
2. The interpreter calls your home phone line /cell phone / pager/ whatever number you gave me.
3. We make sure we're connected and that the interpreter can hear you (which means your hearing party will hear you).
4. The interpreter uses their phone line to connect to the hearing party. You do not have to make another phone call yourself.
5. The hearing person will hear you and the interpreter will keep their voice off.

call sorenson. if you have wifi ( most cable companies offer it for about $20 month) they will get you started

Back