Son of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnocentOdion

Reaction score
What do you guys think is meant in the Bible by "Son of God"?
And, is it possible for you to explain how Jesus is the son of God?

In the Old Testment God made the most encouraging promise that God would send a Savior (Messiah) to the world. An angel appeared to both of them and said that Mary had been selected by God to be the mother of the Messiah. They were told that God's Spirit was inside her and she would give birth to a son, to be named Jesus, who would be the Savior of the world.

Everyone knew that the star in the sky was a sign of a the promised Messiah. (And Jesus was born)

Jesus had done a lot of miracles; no other human being has performed. He gave sight to the blind. He made the lame to walk. He cured leprosy. He even brought dead people back to life.

Jesus understood that His divinely appointed purpose was to die for our sins because of that, Jesus was sinless. We humans are full of sin. We sin every day. Jesus never did anything wrong, not even once. No matter what temptations came to him, he refused to sin. He has always remained pure and perfect.

He suffered the same kind of physical pains that we suffer with. He also experienced emotional pain. He was ignored, unappreciated, unloved, misunderstood, and even despised even though he did nothing wrong, and always loved everyone.

When He was arrested, he did not defend himself or even tried to only that he answered a few questions only that he could pay the price for our sins. (which our sins equal death) Only he could save us from the punishment we deserve. He suffered for us. (more information about how Jesus died. Romans designed their whips to cut the flesh from their victim's bodies. These beatings were designed to be painful to the extreme. He was horribly bruised, cut and bleeding and Jesus was forced to carry the the wooden cross. Can you just imagine the effect of carrying a heavy weight if you were in that condition? Then Jesus was nailed to the cross, while the Romans did that, Jesus just prayed, Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do". I can only imagine us would cussed and scream in pains, but Jesus did not. There is no question that it was painful beyond words.

If you believe or not, I am the son of GOD aka the son of man.

Jesus is not God’s Son in the sense of how we think of a father and a son. God did not get married and have a son. Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form (John 1:1,14). Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, "The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.'" In Bible times, the phrase “son of man” was used to describe a human being. The son of a man is a man.

Another example can be found in John 17:12 where Judas is described as the "son of perdition." John 6:71 tells us that Judas was the son of Simon. What does John 17:12 mean by describing Judas as the "son of perdition"? The word "perdition" means "destruction, ruin, waste." Judas was not the literal son of "ruin, destruction, and waste" - but those things were the identity of Judas' life. Judas was a manifestation of perdition. In this same aspect, Jesus is the Son of God. The Son of God is God. Jesus is God made manifest (John 1:1,14).

From what I can see, the language used for Jesus as 'son of God' could go two ways; it could be either "God", or "servant of God". Check out Jesus as the Son of God - notice "sons of this household" for example. Before, I would have definitely said Jesus was God, now I'm not sure and I'm giving to the possibility that it was 'servant of God', that is, a prophet.

From what I can see, the language used for Jesus as 'son of God' could go two ways; it could be either "God", or "servant of God". Check out Jesus as the Son of God - notice "sons of this household" for example. Before, I would have definitely said Jesus was God, now I'm not sure and I'm giving to the possibility that it was 'servant of God', that is, a prophet.

But the bible did not say "Jesus is GOD" it only say he is the son "of" God made in his image. So I don't think jesus is god himself. Because in the bible he said the house of my father in kingdom of heaven so obviously he the son of god. :)

I do believe Jesus is God because Jesus represents the body of God, He was God in physical form. If the angels spoke to Joseph and Mary, where was God? Jesus was not a created being, We are created and we can be adopted by God to be His children.

Also I noticed in the bible where it says: Jesus was in the beginning with God. All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. (John 1:1-3)

Jesus Christ is the Creator of the universe and the only begotten Son of the Father. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. (John 1:18)

But I am confused... If the bible said that God don't have a body, then why Jesus as "God" existed as human?

But the bible did not say "Jesus is GOD" it only say he is the son "of" God made in his image. So I don't think jesus is god himself. Because in the bible he said the house of my father in kingdom of heaven so obviously he the son of god. :)

I'm sorry but I don't think you read deeper in the bible, it explains in a lot of words where Jesus is God. Many verses in John, the epistles, and Revelation imply support for the doctrine that Jesus Christ is God.

Jesus says: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" Why do we must go through Jesus before we can go through God, There's an explanation for that.

Another one: "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works." (John 14:6-10)

I do believe Jesus is God because Jesus represents the body of God, He was God in physical form. If the angels spoke to Joseph and Mary, where was God? Jesus was not a created being, We are created and we can be adopted by God to be His children.

Also I noticed in the bible where it says: Jesus was in the beginning with God. All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. (John 1:1-3)

Jesus Christ is the Creator of the universe and the only begotten Son of the Father. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. (John 1:18)

There is no doubt at all that the New Testament presents Jesus Christ as an outstanding personality. He gives striking evidence of extraordinary powers in the miracles he performs; he makes the most penetrating observations about human life, and faith, and the true worship of God; and his claims concerning himself, as the only source of life to come, are such as no one else would dare to make.

Now the majority of those who have any ideas at all about Jesus, think of him as part of the Godhead: as God the Son, existing in heaven from the beginning of time with God the Father, equal in power and authority to Him, but coming down to earth to be born, as a human babe, of the Israelite maiden known as the Virgin Mary; then dying on the Cross as a sign of God's love for mankind, before returning to heaven to resume his former exalted position. As the Holy Ghost (now more commonly called the Holy Spirit) is also regarded as part of the Godhead, this is the "Triune God" (or One in Three), as described in the Doctrine of the Trinity. The relationship between the three Persons -- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost -- is understood in a very subtle way by the learned theologians who defend this doctrine, and in a much more elementary way by the majority of those who somewhat vaguely accept it.

The view that "Jesus is God" is held in a rather emotional way by many sincerely religious people. Anyone who does not unhesitatingly accept this formula is immediately regarded as a "heretic" and as "unChristian". This short work is a plea for a friendly and sincere examination of this most important subject. The author and all those who share his opinions, would stress with all the earnestness they can command, that they really do believe that Jesus was, and is, literally the Son of God. They are not Unitarians, who think of Jesus as just a very superior man; nor are they "adoptionists", holding that God "adopted" Jesus as His spiritual Son. They believe that Jesus was God's "only begotten Son" in the way the Scriptures describe.

But I am confused... If the bible said that God don't have a body, then why Jesus as "God" existed as human?

God does not have a body, He is the Holy Spirit, Jesus was conceived by Mary through the Holy Spirit. And throughout His entire ministry Jesus was led by the Spirit, so therefore God was in Jesus.

God does not have a body, He is the Holy Spirit, Jesus was conceived by Mary through the Holy Spirit. And throughout His entire ministry Jesus was led by the Spirit, so therefore God was in Jesus.

I know GOD impreg Mary as holy spirit. But but GOD talk through Jesus and to him, so that would means Jesus is the son of God,, not GOD himself as jesus. Lot of time I see in the bible Jesus says my father. So that would means son of god. So really GOD give Jesus man tasks here earth. So really GOD is not jesus.

I know GOD impreg Mary as holy spirit. But but GOD talk through Jesus and to him, so that would means Jesus is the son of God,, not GOD himself as jesus. Lot of time I see in the bible Jesus says my father. So that would means son of god. So really GOD give Jesus man tasks here earth. So really GOD is not jesus.

Listen, The Bible teaches that there is one who is called Jesus and is identified as being God. (John 1:1-3&14-18, John 20:28-29, 1 John 1:1-4&5:20, Philippians 2:5-8, Revelation 1:17-18, Revelation 22:12-20) Please read it, and get back to me on it.

And for Doctrine of the Trinity, There are things in life that are in nature as one, for example you have an egg, but one egg with three distinction, You have a yoke, the white, and the shell, all three are in one egg. It's the same for Trinity, You have Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity is not three Gods but one God by nature and unity. So therefore the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit equals One. It's the same for egg (a yoke, the white, and the shell equals one egg.)

Actually that is incorrect.. The Bible does say that Jesus is God.

John 1 speaks of Jesus as Word.. and it does say in verse 1 that the Word is God.

There is no doubt at all that the New Testament presents Jesus Christ as an outstanding personality. He gives striking evidence of extraordinary powers in the miracles he performs; he makes the most penetrating observations about human life, and faith, and the true worship of God; and his claims concerning himself, as the only source of life to come, are such as no one else would dare to make.

Now the majority of those who have any ideas at all about Jesus, think of him as part of the Godhead: as God the Son, existing in heaven from the beginning of time with God the Father, equal in power and authority to Him, but coming down to earth to be born, as a human babe, of the Israelite maiden known as the Virgin Mary; then dying on the Cross as a sign of God's love for mankind, before returning to heaven to resume his former exalted position. As the Holy Ghost (now more commonly called the Holy Spirit) is also regarded as part of the Godhead, this is the "Triune God" (or One in Three), as described in the Doctrine of the Trinity. The relationship between the three Persons -- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost -- is understood in a very subtle way by the learned theologians who defend this doctrine, and in a much more elementary way by the majority of those who somewhat vaguely accept it.

The view that "Jesus is God" is held in a rather emotional way by many sincerely religious people. Anyone who does not unhesitatingly accept this formula is immediately regarded as a "heretic" and as "unChristian". This short work is a plea for a friendly and sincere examination of this most important subject. The author and all those who share his opinions, would stress with all the earnestness they can command, that they really do believe that Jesus was, and is, literally the Son of God. They are not Unitarians, who think of Jesus as just a very superior man; nor are they "adoptionists", holding that God "adopted" Jesus as His spiritual Son. They believe that Jesus was God's "only begotten Son" in the way the Scriptures describe.

May I ask where you got this information from please?...

Also, added, in OT, Emmanuel meaning God with us which applied to John 1. As the Word IS God. Then why did Jesus called Him Father? Jesus wants us to set example of humility. Also in John 1 , God became flesh. Meaning He gave up all His authority, power and everything in Heaven to come down to become human like us, even tempted like us, but not sinned. Why? Perfect Lamb, sinless blood to spilt for us to die for. He came to die to take our place upon Himself. Our sin debt been paid in full. Yet, we still in the flesh and battle goes on, till He called us Home.

Also, added, in OT, Emmanuel meaning God with us which applied to John 1. As the Word IS God. Then why did Jesus called Him Father? Jesus wants us to set example of humility. Also in John 1 , God became flesh. Meaning He gave up all His authority, power and everything in Heaven to come down to become human like us, even tempted like us, but not sinned. Why? Perfect Lamb, sinless blood to spilt for us to die for. He came to die to take our place upon Himself. Our sin debt been paid in full. Yet, we still in the flesh and battle goes on, till He called us Home.

Yep that's how it was done. ;)

May I ask where you got this information from please?...

I get this informations from people I used discuss about GOD in view discussions is what I learn from them. So all that informations came from the people I learn from the chruch, and the people online give me their view of how feel about son of GOD. But Actually I have to agree that Jesus is not GOD. How can Jesus be GOD ? two different people? I even looked up in the bible that did not say GOD is Jesus. It only stated in the bible that Jesus is the son of GOD. So the bible only says that GOD talk to his son. So he can't be two people. I see Jesus used the world "Father" to GOD. So Really Jesus spoke to his father through spirit. So GOD is spirit not really person. No one ever really know what GOD look like, or find him. I believe only Jesus know what GOD look like. Also remember, GOD is male because Jesus use the word "Father" which means he male. If you look at the bible u will see Jesus talk to GOD means he is not GOD in the flesh. But I have seen many people debate on this GOD, Jesus, and religions issue seems such a senstive matters to some of the people here in Aders. But let you know I respect everybody opinions how they view Jesus and GOD. So I can't change your or other people's way of thinking about it. All I can say what I can view them what I know and learn. I am not trying to take away a person's belief how they view Jesus and GOD.

GarnetTigerMom--

How can Jesus and God be two different people? They're the same in every way. (light, awesomeness, power, justice and love) it was God that came in the flesh which meaning God came to this earth in the form of a man, Jesus.

I know for fact most Christians believes that Jesus is God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirits, and not three separate Gods. There is only one God. Even Jesus says, "When you have seen Me, You have seen the Father." another example: John 10:30, "I and the Father are one." God is Spirit and Light. Nobody has seen God alone because if they did they would be blind from the Light.

Also remember when Jesus's body was laying in the tomb, and soilders were guarding the tomb to make sure nobody steals the body of Jesus. What happened then? A beams of light broke the tomb open and even soilders witness that it was Jesus, one solider was blind for staring at the Light, it was on that very third day, Jesus rose from the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back