Something shocking and creepy, deaf wannabes, pretenders and others

"Gender Identity Disorder" is extremely inaccurate as a term, in my opinion. It should be called Sex Identity Disorder. Gender is a social construct of how a person should abide with the "normal" roles of gender. How a person dresses or behaves does not influence his/her sex whatsoever. Since gender is entirely subjective, you cannot make it a "disorder."

SID (Sex Identity Disorder) is when you're born biologically a sex of what you perceive to be the opposite. Because you can NEVER dispute the biological fact - either you are born with a male or a female genitiala. If you have a penis and still say you're a girl, then you have SID. The same is true for women who think they got penises. There are RARE cases of intersexed babies but they do NOT have mental illness at all.

Homosexuality is NOT a mental illness and has been long removed from the DSM so you cannot compare homosexuality to BIID or SID.

So I have been accused of pretending to be deaf and our made me so mad! A.I don't know why any one would ever pretend to be deaf and b. I have Meniere's disease so some days are better than others.

People always put judgment on me because they assume that I am not really deaf because I don't "find" deaf... Erg! Instead of support I get treated likeI am crazy our acting! Why would anyone course this! That makes new sick.

Desire for amputation of a limb: paraphilia, psychosis, or a new type of identity disorder - BIID-Info.org

There is always something new to learn about our own brain and how wirings can get crossed or simple chemical imbalance in the brain to cause a variety of mental illnesses not yet realized or understood clearly. If Gender Identity Disorder exists so does the possibility that BIID exist as well. The brain can indeed be a strange little universe of its own with all the quirks and normalcy.

i see documentary about desire for amputation/zoophellia.this man saw pretty woman sametime as white horse it did something to his brain,and from that day on it was horses.(use imagination)another man had overwhelming desire for amputation he tied himself to rail line and leg chop of,he felt normal after that.the brain is strange organ
at one deaf schools i know they had some boys there who had pschollogical deafness and having lived half life in hearing and rest in profoundly worlds i got insight but one day of profoundly deaf and they change minds...depression is the most reason person desire be deaf and some have romantic view,but unaware have different thinking more blunt to point

I had to google BIID, I never heard of this. OMG. It makes me feel uncomfortable knowing that some people are like that.

holy shit...it is REALLLLLY FUCKED UP......why the hell they wanna cut of a decent arm? its just worse than self-mutilation...well it probably IS that but a VERY EXTREME form...

my guess in this world since the last 20 years, more pronounced in the last 10-15 is people are BORED, so they crave ANY imaginable *stunts* just for "EXTreMES* not sure why, but to Prove something...

there MUST be a sociological reason for such extremility...wow id get back to ya all on this one , after i done my newspapers reporting...(yes stay tuned)...

Law & Order SVU was doing that show about women with one leg. Creepy guy with mental problems asked a prostitute if he can amputate her leg. He offered to pay $25,000 to do it, and she LET him do it. Creepy.

Takes all kinds doesn't it??? The kind of hearing loss I have I got from head trauma and from what I read it can also be caused from loud noises over a period of time. Sometimes I wish for just a minute of no pain, just to remember what it's like. These people messing with their own ears know not what they might be asking for. I'm coping. I have to. I'm just saying.... crazy crazy crazy

My mother and I were talking about this after watching something about a guy who chopped his foot off on National Geographic Channel. She brought up a good point of I wonder if this is done by people for the ability to collect disability. I know it sounds like a stretch but of course so does someone who would cut off their leg.
I also found a yahoo group for "deaf wannabes" and there were people talking about cutting their eardrum and such. Again I wonder if this is for a want of collecting a disability check.

I know I at times have severe pain with my tinnitus and have wondered about if the auditory nerve being cut would help that. Of course I talked to my dr and she explained tinnitus to me. And has prescribed something for when the pain gets unbearable.

A surgeon amputaing a limb is not treating the disorder, it is acting out onthe pathological obsession created by the mental disorder. It is a part of the disorder in and of itself. Treatment is psychiatric, not surgical. Physican's are prohibited form asssiting a suicidal patient in committing suicide,as well. It the same thing.

So how do you explain Surgeons doing Gender Reassignment Surgery??? Would seem your explanation fit that as well yet many people have had this done and doctors seem to feel it is ethical and a fix for a mental disorder... :naughty:
Edit: I see its an old post and user is Banned but same applies to the Amputation desire. I really don't see how having the need to wack of one's wee wee or boobies is any different from wacking of and arm or leg??? or getting plastic surgery. All are equally a psychological issue.

On the Austic forum I post on, there are a couple of threads about people wanting to be mute or deaf. But, their reasoning is much more logical and none actually seemed to want it in real life, it was more of a way of avoiding painful stimulus or having to socialize. Personally though I finally realized that the reason I hate using my CI is probably because I am hypersensitive to sound and probably that it sounds so artificial and most of the time is just a bunch of unintelligible noise. If I had to hear 24/7 now, I think I would go crazy(ier)!:giggle::giggle:
Also being Autistic I loath socalizing in most cases and trying to do it with hearing people just makes it 10x worse

My mother and I were talking about this after watching something about a guy who chopped his foot off on National Geographic Channel. She brought up a good point of I wonder if this is done by people for the ability to collect disability. I know it sounds like a stretch but of course so does someone who would cut off their leg.
I also found a yahoo group for "deaf wannabes" and there were people talking about cutting their eardrum and such. Again I wonder if this is for a want of collecting a disability check.

I know I at times have severe pain with my tinnitus and have wondered about if the auditory nerve being cut would help that. Of course I talked to my dr and she explained tinnitus to me. And has prescribed something for when the pain gets unbearable.

Did you investigate getting a CI? I have a good friend who did it to help his tinnitis. It was successful, He could care less about actually hearing with the CI for the most part.

Did you investigate getting a CI? I have a good friend who did it to help his tinnitis. It was successful, He could care less about actually hearing with the CI for the most part.

I do not know anything about CI's as I am getting HA for the first time next week. My dr did tell me that some of the tinnitus might go away from wearing the HA. But if it does not I will talk to her about other options. It is weird in the morning i don't hurt but by bedtime I almost always have a migraine from the ringing.

I wake up hurting and go to bed hurting, I see a pain dr, but that's about all I can do to manage it. And that barely works. It'd be nice to know what it's like to not have pain....but oh well, can't have every thing in life you want. My tinnitus is just sometimes, a side effect of the recruitment, I guess you'd say. It's so minor to the pain that it doesn't bother me as much as the pain does. But when the tinnitus starts sounding like a radio station that needs to be tuned in better that kinda sucks. It's just the mind boggling pain every second that makes me wanna rip my ears out sometimes!! Other than I'm just trying to be okay. I wish noise didn't hurt, I hate how it affects my kids!!! I used to love the noise of kids playing!!!

ceilingcatwann128592004590595257.jpg

I'm a rich-wannabe. I hope that doesn't mean I need mental help!:laugh2:

You shouldn't be a rich-wannabe. You should just be content with what you have! :) Besides, there are a lot of things that money cannot buy!

Back