Solar eclipse on aug 21, 2017

In Oregon area, many places has very long traffic back up for the upcoming eclipse...

The solar eclipse won't take place until Aug. 21, but Oregon has already experienced a serious eclipse-related traffic jam.

A narrow stretch of U.S. Highway 26 had a line of 20 to 30 miles of traffic on Thursday for a single eclipse event, Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) spokesperson Dave Thompson tells TIME, until officials helped clear the jam. The Oregon State Police tweeted out formidable photos of the endless stretch of cars, taken from above on its fish and wildlife plane.

http://time.com/4905851/solar-eclipse-traffic-preview-oregon/

Yep and it sucks ^
People can't do anything, gas stations are low on gas and going up in price, every town is sold out in both land and hotels, stores are running out of food... it not even happening until Monday! :tears: plus my baby is due any day now. (Please not on the 21st, please not on the 21st)

^^ Watch- the baby's first act of defiance... show up on August 21 LOL.

Sorry couldn't resist. I hope the kids stays put for a while longer!

^^ Watch- the baby's first act of defiance... show up on August 21 LOL.

Sorry couldn't resist. I hope the kids stays put for a while longer!
Well, my "baby" listened to her mama many years ago. She was told not to come on a certain day (our wedding anniversary), so she waited till just after midnight to start making her way out (when labor started).

LOL... one of my friend's baby tried to come early- beginning of June. The doctors and parents said nooo nooo too soon!!! So Momma on bedrest at hospital for about a week or so. Contractions slowed and stopped.
She was born on July 1 :). I'm loving all the baby pics I get from her Nana...:) :)

LOL... one of my friend's baby tried to come early- beginning of June. The doctors and parents said nooo nooo too soon!!! So Momma on bedrest at hospital for about a week or so. Contractions slowed and stopped.
She was born on July 1 :). I'm loving all the baby pics I get from her Nana...:) :)
My daughter's due date was 2 days after our anniversary so it wasn't like she was trying to arrive way early.

The next eclipse to cross the United States will occur in 2024 and 2045.

20882158_1703926343013178_511469868055923238_n.jpg

Wyoming's got fire bans too. Gee I hope visitors actually respect it and don't burn our state down.
Me too! I don't know about Wyoming but oregon has police, security, and park rangers on high alert this week. Oregon is going to make so much money off of speeding tickets though. I saw 14 people pulled over yesterday and 4 car crashes. I was only out for 2 hours.

Me too! I don't know about Wyoming but oregon has police, security, and park rangers on high alert this week. Oregon is going to make so much money off of speeding tickets though. I saw 14 people pulled over yesterday and 4 car crashes. I was only out for 2 hours.

I know our city cops and sheriffs have been keeping busy, crowd patrol at the downtown festival, speed traps everywhere. I haven't been out today so I have no idea whats been happening.

So i went out today in salem...its a ghost town. Lots of people on the freeway but all parks and stores are completely empty of people. It's been nice actually.

Back