so you guys planning to get a SSD??

Still a lot more $$$ than HDD of similar size, so probably not.

how big is the biggest SSD? Jiro Id guess its for the LAPTOP for lightness and speed? what else. but maybe am i missing something?

how big is the biggest SSD? Jiro Id guess its for the LAPTOP for lightness and speed? what else. but maybe am i missing something?

yea because SSD is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's good for gamer and it's do work for desktop too. The SSD is 50% quick than most HDDs.

SSD is limit life about up to 5 year to dead
HDD is lifetime up to 100 years, 2.5" is lifetime up to 60 years

SSD is limit life about up to 5 year to dead
HDD is lifetime up to 100 years, 2.5" is lifetime up to 60 years

For 2.5" HDD? Not really. Too many my friends/customers got hdd 2.5" failed under 2-3 years old even my macbook HDD 2.5" and macbook air HDD 1.8" got failed around four years old.

SSD life is all depends. It will become short life if edit video a lot. Make sure your computer have TRIM enabled then SSD should last around 20 years. Who want to keep same computer for 60 years? Silly. Most people update a new computers each 5-12 years depend on their mood.

For 2.5" HDD? Not really. Too many my friends/customers got hdd 2.5" failed under 2-3 years old even my macbook HDD 2.5" and macbook air HDD 1.8" got failed around four years old.

SSD life is all depends. It will become short life if edit video a lot. Make sure your computer have TRIM enabled then SSD should last around 20 years. Who want to keep same computer for 60 years? Silly. Most people update a new computers each 5-12 years depend on their mood.

I still have three 2.5" HDDs and they're working just fine. They're more than 4 years old :dunno:

Yeah, me too... my old motherboard throw, new motherboard, I keep old hard disk 40GB about 10 years old, it is fine, I had other 80GB and 30GB about 10-12 years, they are no broke, other 2 hard disk, I pick up it on table, it is accident fall on floor, oh damn broke, i must careful .. I had ext hard disk 18. about 5 feet fall on floor, I say NO!!!!! I plug usb, my god 1.8" Ext is ALIVE!!!! 1.8 about six year ago

SSD is limit write cycle 10,000

I still have three 2.5" HDDs and they're working just fine. They're more than 4 years old :dunno:

Zeroblaze21, Yeah, I'll plan to buy a 60GB SSD for next new PC. I'm glad I invited you and highlander in L4D2 game (co-op as 4 players). It was so fun.

That's good and you are very lucky. We use it a lot and very heavy travel for tour, job, and school. I believe shake a laptop a lot cause HDD short life.

Yeah, me too... my old motherboard throw, new motherboard, I keep old hard disk 40GB about 10 years old, it is fine, I had other 80GB and 30GB about 10-12 years, they are no broke, other 2 hard disk, I pick up it on table, it is accident fall on floor, oh damn broke, i must careful .. I had ext hard disk 18. about 5 feet fall on floor, I say NO!!!!! I plug usb, my god 1.8" Ext is ALIVE!!!! 1.8 about six year ago

SSD is limit write cycle 10,000

Because they are 3.5" I still have 36GB @ 10,000 rpm hdd 3.5" and it's works fine.

Remember, SSD is not good idea for edit video but most games are 95% time of load and 5% of write as patch, save slot, etc.

So SSD is no problem for web surf too. Nothing to worry.

Did you know that all vehicle (after 80's) use SSD and rare problem? I still have CompactFlash (CF) since 2001 and no problem with it for many years. I love flash thing over crap HDD.

Last edited:
I know SSD will new technology soon or future, they try more life, I will buy it but not now, I will wait

I know SSD will new technology soon or future, they try more life, I will buy it but not now, I will wait

me too, but for mass storage i think mechanical harddrives wil be best option for quite a while yet (meaning for long time mabe another 10 years then SSD would be OK for long term mass storage, since not use 'much' but the economy in making the Massive storage capability on silicon is quite another thing...they probably already have it, but have to trickle down thru market just an other excuse to make the billions for the next 10 years. Like it better to have the millions of people buying it, then making lots of SSD's (now) and not selling...that would be their mindset...

It depends on your crowd.

If you're doing something that gains performance on the SSD with I/O operations (input/output) and memory paging, it's the best thing in the world you could have right now. This is particularity true for data crunchers/database related, compiling, accounting, gaming, etc, anything that increased reading/accessing and writing can get a gain from.

If you don't really do anything that harddrive related - even some computer jobs are true for this: animations, rendering, modeling, graphics design, etc, all don't get any gains from SSD's because those are CPU intensive tasks.

Also, moore's law will go in effect whenever the market shifts.

It depends on your crowd.

If you're doing something that gains performance on the SSD with I/O operations (input/output) and memory paging, it's the best thing in the world you could have right now. This is particularity true for data crunchers/database related, compiling, accounting, gaming, etc, anything that increased reading/accessing and writing can get a gain from.

If you don't really do anything that harddrive related - even some computer jobs are true for this: animations, rendering, modeling, graphics design, etc, all don't get any gains from SSD's because those are CPU intensive tasks.

Also, moore's law will go in effect whenever the market shifts.

that makes sense
kudos to you sharing this point

yeah which it lead me to what i researched about it and most ppls recommend this ssd..they say they dont have any problem with this ssd. so i will enable trim, disable some feature unnecessary for ssd like defrag,etc this ssd will be for os to fast boot. for my hdd..will be for games, files

Back