so... yeah... help?

tysontot

Reaction score
Hey. My name is Tyson.... You know like the chicken? Yeah...... I know.... Hillarious. -_-. Any who. I've been practicing ASL on my own ... I wish they offered it ay my school. Any pointers?

Hey. My name is Tyson.... You know like the chicken? Yeah...... I know.... Hillarious. -_-. Any who. I've been practicing ASL on my own ... I wish they offered it ay my school. Any pointers?

Learn to spell. Fingerspelling is a big part of a successful ASL conversation. :wave:

I've Learned finger spelling and numbers from one through ten. I know a few words/phrases. But where would you suggest that I find like further info?

Definitely learn to spell. Exhausting as fingerspelling is, as long as you know it, even if you don't know the sign, you can still get the message across and communiate.

The best way to learn it is to practice signing with someone. I guarantee you'll learn twice as fast this way. Try to hunt down local gatherings or events if you can.

Learn emergency signals: signs you'll need if you're in a hurry for something. Bathroom, water, etc.

Figure out an acronym for the different asl sentence structures. It'll make it easier to remember how the words are set up in an asl structure when conversing.

Don't freak out if you fall out of asl and contact signing. This happens a lot to people. XD

Best of luck!

Haha, maybe we've run into each other before without even knowing it. xD

If you need any help with ASL structure, let me know. It's pretty simple, but then somehow gets enormously confusing sometimes.

I do need help with how sentences are organized. I hear its different. Where its like the subject first or something

Back