So it's not just Jackie Chan who's hh/deaf

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
but also Yao Ming. He just announced on the news that he's been unilaterally deaf since age of 8. He just didn't tell many people for 22 years.

:applause: Yao Ming. Not only a giant, but a deaf giant!! Yay!

I could not find very much about Jackie Chan being deaf. I did find this:

Deaflympics Taipei 2009 - Jackie Chan - Power in Me - YouTube

On the move: Jackie Chan - Times Online

This is an article I found on Yao Ming:

Yao admits to being partially deaf - NBA - Sporting News

Thank you for the link. Yao Ming was a great basketball player. Too bad he couldnt come back from foot injury he suffered in playoffs against the Lakers back in 2009. He missed the whole season in 2010. He is 7'6 and over 300lbs. Im gunna miss him and had no idea he's deaf in his left ear. Pretty cool!

EDIT: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno are hard of hearing.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno are hard of hearing.

Show me the link that Arnold has some hearing loss.

By the way, I love how Jackie Chan makes walking on the wall looks so effortlessly. Amazing!

:applause: Yao Ming. Not only a giant, but a deaf giant!! Yay!

not only a giant, probably the tallest burliest deaf giant!
With a guy his height, no one would dare to mess with the deaf people anymore when he's around. :P

I already knew about Jackie Chan's hearing loss... even he and his parents resided in hometown for a while, even their parents died and buried here.

Show me the link that Arnold has some hearing loss.

By the way, I love how Jackie Chan makes walking on the wall looks so effortlessly. Amazing!

Sorry for the confusion. Arnold played deaf-mute mobster in a movie back in 70s, I think.

popular 80s song have effect on people to led loss hearing. Good business for loss hearing/deaf products industry :)

Yao Ming, really? Well, it's not that uncommon for people to be partially deaf in one ear. For instance, Rob Lowe is deaf in one ear.

Back