so, i'm really confused..

Sorry to hear that....that's why some of us want to share our experiences...to help ease the pain.

Botts is right....while we are in high school, it may seem like like a disaster, but trust us, once you get out of high school, it gets better. It hurts, but think of it as "dating 101" where you learned a lesson. When you go to college, there are plenty of more decent guys.

I talked to my mom about what happened between me and him. My mom tells me that her and my aunt knew that elementary school, middle school, and high school wasn't going to be my best years because guys aren't mature enough. And when i get into college, it will be so much better than high school because of the maturity. I hope that's true! because every guy i like shot me down. It gets a little depressing at times :/

I talked to my mom about what happened between me and him. My mom tells me that her and my aunt knew that elementary school, middle school, and high school wasn't going to be my best years because guys aren't mature enough. And when i get into college, it will be so much better than high school because of the maturity. I hope that's true! because every guy i like shot me down. It gets a little depressing at times :/
Your mother is right. Trust her and don't give in to despair.

Your mother is right. Trust her and don't give in to despair.

:ty: I just don't know how to react to him when i'm around him. He's in my first class at school. I mean i'm going to stick with being friends, but it'll be a little bit awkward. It's just been a bad day for me at school. At least i have my friends. Plus, my best friend did try to warn me about him, I just didn't want to believe that it was too good to be true.

You said you've kissed him a couple of times, and now he seems to not pay attention to you? Maybe he got what he wanted. Or at least as much of what he wanted that he thought you'd give him.

I'm sorry to be cynical, but it seems like you know a lot about him, and really are concerned about him, and it seems like he's "just not that into you". He may go to prom with you...kind of sounds like he's waiting for a better offer though, before going with you. Not that you aren't a GREAT gal to date, but he might get someone to go with that would be more likely to drink or have sex or whatever. Some very attractive boys think like that.

From your posts I don't think you would be a "bad catch". Maybe a bit intense (lol) with a tendency to get wrapped up in crushes (am I wrong?). You are WAAAAY too young to start moaning about all the guys saying no to you. Keep in mind these are high school guys. 'Nuf said. :)

Sorry it didn't work out. Maybe he already had the date set up and didn't know how to break it to you? Who knows? He might look back on this in years to come and think of you as one he wished he hadn't let get away (I have two girls in my mind that I wished I'd done more with in high school but instead I was a bit of a jerk and pushed them away)... or maybe he is just a bit of a jerk too.

I hope you can learn from this, don't get too wrapped up in the intensity of feelings that can come with a new crush or a first kiss, just in case. Above all, don't worry, there's an awesome guy somewhere out there that you haven't found yet, and when you do you'll be too busy having a great time to worry about all the stupid crap that came before. High school is your whole world right now but it's just a hallway (lined with lockers) that leads to a doorway into the big world full of new people to meet.

Last edited:
High school boys are brats. I don't have a lot of advice for you since I didn't have my first boyfriend till I was nearly 19 and already in college, but it does get better. I promise.

Trust me. There is no one perfect in the world. Relationship is not an easy. I stay out of the relationship and doing my single life more better. I notice a lot of arguments in the relationship in real. My relationship ended up with someone for about 9 months. I had a few bad experiences in my past relationship. I push myself into moving on for a while. My life would be good with a reward.

So, i'm giving an update about me and him..
After me asking him about prom and him saying that he's going to prom with a different girl, I haven't talked to him at all after that. But I found out that the girl he is going to prom with, is my "friend" and she is also in my advisory at school. My other guy friend knows my crush i used to have, and has been joking to me about how i like this guy and it gotten old and i told him to quit it and he apparently told the girl that i liked him and both of them started to make fun of me for that. And then things just got really awkward. When school was coming to an end, i asked her if she wanted to sign my yearbook, she said no. And i thought it was rude because she has signed my yearbook for the past 3 years in high school together. I think its because i used to like my crush.

When graduation finally arrived, All of the graduating class had to go into a gym to wait for the ceremony to begin. And i was with my best friend, taking pictures and stuff until my crush came with a friend over to our group. I looked up to him and he gave me a small smile and basically nodded his head as if he was saying "whats up?" I gave a small smile back and then just walked away. I haven't seen him since graduation or talked to him since asking him about prom. My friends have tried to warn me that he was a player and I should've listened to them. I don't know what i was thinking. But you know, I'm glad i have friends and people here on AD that care about me and give me advice. Same with my parents too. On the day after i asked him about prom and when he said no, after thinking to myself for awhile, I thought to myself, i'm not going to cry over this guy, because even though i felt like i worked on getting to know him but he didn't try to get to know me. and that he is a player. But on Facebook, I thought he would delete me as his friend after the whole prom incident. He did not. But to me it still doesn't matter. What's done is done. I'll just move on.

Okay let me say something what I deal through high school and university. Please please listen this carefully because I am very experienced about university/college years. This is my final and 4th year of degree. Now, yes indeed guys will be mature but the problem is they are being away from their home and families. Everyone have higher degree of freedom and they become much more immature than high school years. Alcohol, drugs, sex and that will come to the world.

So, I say to you. Be very very careful with guys at your future college. Do not take anything from them. The environment is much better. So my suggestion for you to get around better with guys if you are looking for someone is through the groups. Like clubs, societies, sports and that etc. That phase is much more mature than going to clubs, bars and night clubs etc. Not good idea to meet guys there!

Good luck :)

Is the above "generalization re: "males in high school/college" accurate to any specific male? Does the above apply to women?
Is the "solution" everyone study psychology?

To shift somewhat to Alldeaf.com- how does that fact of having a "hearing loss/ becoming DEAF" affect the above generalizations?

More discussions in Sociology re: culture.

Off to real work:BEAT the clock: swimming including a "hot 5 laps for Bottesini"!

Okay let me say something what I deal through high school and university. Please please listen this carefully because I am very experienced about university/college years. This is my final and 4th year of degree. Now, yes indeed guys will be mature but the problem is they are being away from their home and families. Everyone have higher degree of freedom and they become much more immature than high school years. Alcohol, drugs, sex and that will come to the world.

So, I say to you. Be very very careful with guys at your future college. Do not take anything from them. The environment is much better. So my suggestion for you to get around better with guys if you are looking for someone is through the groups. Like clubs, societies, sports and that etc. That phase is much more mature than going to clubs, bars and night clubs etc. Not good idea to meet guys there!

Good luck :)
Good points!

Back